2011 A5

2011 Audi A5

2011 Audi A5

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2011 Audi A5?

The best coupe in the market at this price range

by bzz from Chicago, IL on Mon Jul 02 2012

I researched a lot of cars before purchasing the A5. I looked at all trims and models from Mercedes, BMW, and Audi. The styling on this car is beautiful. Given this car has a 2.0 liter, 4 cylinder turbo engine, you would never know that you're driving a 4 cylinder car. Gas economy is a bonus. I ended up getting the S-line Prestige package, which gave me a Bang and Ollefsun sound system, rear view camera, keyless start, iPod controls, voice navigation with 3D display (in downtown areas)and 19" sport rims. These are just to name a few.

Stunning and affordable

by gratunell from Summit, NJ on Wed Mar 30 2011

Audi A5, Premium Plus, Navigation, 6 speed manual. Superb design, great interior, 2.0 T enough power and great mileage. The manual transmission is absolutely wonderful with a very light clutch. MMI is a bit difficult to get used to it, some features would be easier to use with a more standard approach. B&O sound system is great but I expected a bit more. Back seats are OK for kids but definetly not for adults. The low profile tires look great, however I would recommend to purchase the Audi wheel/tire insurance since it is very easy to damage the rim and the tire. I got a tire damage in my first week. Overall, great car at an affordable price. Audi at its best.

audi A5

by tommystoybox from IL on Mon Jan 30 2012

awesome car. had been good in snow. mileage in city has been about 24 and got 30 on the highway. Lots of compliments as it is a very nice design.

If looks could kill

by A5 owner from Fort lee NJ on Wed Jun 28 2017

When the Audi A5 first came out it was undeniably one of the best looking cars ever made. Which is why even the next gen models looks almost exactly the same! The 2.0t is gas efficient and has plenty of pep. Only issues is the earlier models having oil consumption issues. I was lucky enough to get it repaired but I know some weren't. This was later fixed on 2012 and up models.

Fun to drive

by Da20capt from Crossville tn on Thu Jun 28 2018

I have owned this car for one month. The Cabriolet it?s fun to drive. There are a lot of cool features on the interior. My car has 83,000 Miles, and the engine is completely tight and clean. I would highly recommend the Audi. I bought it to replace my BMW. I have enjoyed driving both of them.

Best Car I've owned

by Peifer from Austin on Wed Jul 05 2017

I'm only selling this car because I've gone Urban. My commute is now an 7-8 minute walk. You should buy this car.

coolest car I've had

by Have lots of cars from Long Island on Sat Jun 11 2011

The roof leaks when it rains and it is recognized as a problem by Audi of America. They sent the problem via e-mail to the dealers who showed me what they are to do. I have been waiting for a part for 3 weeks now. I am sure the part came in but still have not contacted me.

great for summer and winter

by rjz from montreal quebec on Tue Oct 26 2010

very good car.the quattro is great for summer and winter .good power. handles well. very quiet convertible. only complaint ride is a bit bouncy??? could be the tires???

Great car!!

by AMM from Philadelphia, PA on Fri Feb 04 2011

The A5 is a smooth quiet car. Great interior and exterior design. Love the steering assist at slow speeds and the stiffness at high speeds. Quattro worked very well in teh heavy snow we experienced her already. The torque is amazing. Passing vehicles is easy. Only wish the 2.0T was a little more powerful but its ok. I'm saving on gas.

a head turner!

by Barry from Allentown, PA on Tue Oct 12 2010

I fell in love w/this car when I saw it in the showroom. Gleaming red w/black interior, manual 6-speed begging to go.... It's a beautiful car, has great performance and is not, as I feared, underpowered. It goes as fast (and faster) than I'll ever need to drive. And as fast as our PA roads will permit! I'm a little disappointed that a car in this class doesn't have memory seats, but otherwise the vehicle is first-class and I couldn't be more pleased.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2011 Audi A5

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2010 about the 2010 Audi A5. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

I was impressed with the A5's stunning looks when it debuted for 2008, but I didn't like its 3.2-liter V-6. It lacked excitement, and even though it's the more powerful of two available engines, the coupe felt too heavy with it inside. Fellow editor Kelsey Mays reviewed the A5 Cabriolet convertible last year and found the A5's base 2.0-liter turbo maladjusted, which is strange because our staff universally loves that engine in the A4, as well as other Audis and VWs... Read More