2012 A5

2012 Audi A5

2012 Audi A5

Have you driven the 2012 Audi A5?

This Car is Smokin

by Audi Enthusiast from Seattle, WA on Thu Dec 29 2011

The best car I've owned, and I've had a jag, a porsche boxter and a lexus. The handling is unparalled, responsive and strong. I added the stasis chip for a little extra power without losing gas mileage like the S5. The seats are very comfortable, tho the backseat is pretty impracticle. Fine with me, I'm done driving kids around! The all wheel drive and all season tires makes snow driving a breeze. It's one of the sexiest cars on the road in any price range.

Great car, quick & quiet

by Rick from Atlantic City, NJ on Sat Nov 26 2011

Wonderful car. The best operating top I ever had in a convertible. Roomy trunk for a convertible and great that the seats fold down

An Objective Review

by New Audi Owner from Northern California on Fri Jul 31 2015

I have a 2012 A5 Coupe, Sport model with 45K miles on it. -my first german car. but I was a Valet for two years during college and have driven every car imaginable. So from a handling perspective I have a decent perspective how different cars can feel. >Comfort: -Best seats I have ever had. Sport seats are Firm but comfortable. Easy to dial in my perfect position. Memory button is great. -Very quite ride. The sleek aerodynamics make for a very quite ride at high speeds. -A bit of a stiff ride due to the sport suspension and high performance tires. But that's what you get with any sport model coupe form any car maker. -interior ergonomics are fantastic for me; easy viewing outside the car (the backup camera is a must though) >Performance: -amazing handling. I have tested it at high speeds through the twisty mountain roads...you will immediately notice the great performance of the AWD. -Turbo: it's a quick car but not FAST like muscle cars , small amount of turbo lag in Auto, but not when switched in manual shifting. -AWD: you can drive in the snow without chains if you get all season sport tires!! which I eventually got. I drove in a snow storm in Tahoe, CA leading a long pack of cars following me through the storm...no chains required! >Reliability: -no mechanical issues so far with 45K miles. Had the Sunroof make a rattle noise; Audi fixed it by tightening a screw...no charge. >Styling: that's personal taste. But just look at it! I often get comments on how beautiful my car is from complete strangers. >Interior Design: -looks great and sporty. Solid quality feel. It's no Mercedes but does not feel cheep like another reviewer said. I have had friends say WOW, very cool. In response to the Trashy June 11, 2015 review from Las Vegas: -The exhaust is quite, so if that's your thing then replace the exhaust, which is very possible or buy another car. -No Blue tooth for music streaming, a bummer but not a deal breaker for me. The Smart Phone glove box connection is not preferable but works. I don't use it, but download all my music on 2 micro chips and use the 2 micro chip slots the car comes with...the chips hold a massive amount of music...easily all of my 20K songs. -Heated seats: they are a bit weak and will not cook you, but will get the job done. -Sunroof: it does not go back like most, it pops up a couple inches. I was told it's due to the limitations created by a very sleek roof design. Not a deal breaker for me and I have no regrets. Overal: this is a high quality, high performance german car with that german car feel some people really like. The high maintenance costs (when there are issues) that people complain about come with ALL luxury car makers. At this point I would buy another A5 and recommend one to a friend.

Beautiful Machine

by New to Audi from Northern New Jersey on Tue May 01 2012

2012 Audi A5 is not only beautiful, but performs exceptionally well. Has the right mix of power and luxury. While color selections are limited there is likely something for everyone. Audi dealership provides helpful support in purchase decision.

Great car, drop dead sexy with the top down.

by Replacing our Saab from Indianapolis on Sat Feb 08 2014

We bought The Audi A-5 Premium plus Quattro cabriolet. I love this car. It looks great, drives great and turns heads, with the 19? wheels, it is one sexy car. We replaced our Saab 9.3 that we have owned for 8 years, the cars are very similar, but the Audi seems to be the next level of luxury. I have owned 8 different convertibles over the last 30 years, we have had good ones and bad ones, and the Audi is a great one. This car is solid, no cowl shake, no leaks air or water, it is solid, drives like a coupe, but the top drops. My wife asked for the following criteria when we started looking: Front wheel drive or all-wheel Drive, Room for 4 adults, big trunk, convertible, blue and not a dodge. Audi was not on the shopping list at first, but we only had 2 choices. The Audi A5 and the Bentley. If I were a rich man I would have bought the Bentley, it also is an amazing car, but I don?t ever see one in my future. I could have bought 4 new loaded A-5?s for the price the Bentley. The Audi and the Bentley do have the same ZF 8 speed transmission; it is smooth shifting and works well in all driving conditions. We started driving convertibles to replace our motorcycles when we decided stop riding. It is more fun, safer and great for long weekends drives to the lake shore of Lake Michigan, and the mountains of Tennessee. The service from the dealer was very professional. I live in Indiana and flew to Atlanta to find the car we wanted, the dealer picked me up from the airport and had everything ready. We found the car on Cars.com; it took about 6 months to make a decision. I looked at cars all over the country; I was looking for a 2 year old, loaded A5 Quattro in blue with around 20k miles or less. When we found the right car, I hopped on a plane and brought it home.

A Sweet Ride

by The Olld Salt from Jenks, OK on Sun Jul 01 2012

My Audi A5 turns heads everywhere I go. It drives like a true sports car and has the advantqge of a comfortable back seat when needed, albiet a bit cozy. I would have appreciated a few cubby holes for stashing personal items, and a more simplified electronic system would have pleased me more. The fabric top is superb and makes for a tight cabin when closed and folds away into the trunk for a clean line when open crusing is desired. Do I like it? Well, do fish like water? It's a very sweet ride!!!

Beautiful machine

by Jim from Macungie, Pa. on Fri Feb 15 2013

Bought my A5 convertible in June last year and after 8 months still glad I made the decision. The car is a dream to drive with crisp handling (AWD) and excellent acceleration (good low end torque) so it is good on both the highway and back roads. Also, no issues driving in winter weather. Front seats are comfortable and very adjustable, rear seating is a bit tight but OK for a couple hour drive. Controls took a bit of time to get used to but now easy to use with everything pretty much at your finger tips. Classic lines have this car standing out in a crowd. Soft top is very quiet and takes up less space than similar hard tops allowing for plenty of trunk space for weeklong trips. Looked at several competing models including Volvo, Infiniti, BMW, and Mercedes and for my money this is the best of the bunch.

Simply nice to drive

by Sri from Dallas, Texas on Wed Feb 15 2017

Feels like new even with 5 year old car, steering very soft and easy, turbo charged to accelerate from start, no major problems other than parking light malfunction attributed to sensor needed to change, nice that oil change only needed every 10 months.

Love My Audi A5 Cabrolet

by jermar from chicago, il on Fri May 26 2017

Bought my A5 Cabriolet because I have always had convertibles and this is the nicest on the road. Great design and great performance. I love it!

Incredibly stylish and powerful

by Chrisc from Hartford, ct on Tue Jun 13 2017

I don't think I'd ever own a car that's not an audi. I get compliments from everybody in this car and it is very fun to drive.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 Audi A5

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2010 about the 2010 Audi A5. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the three model years.

I was impressed with the A5's stunning looks when it debuted for 2008, but I didn't like its 3.2-liter V-6. It lacked excitement, and even though it's the more powerful of two available engines, the coupe felt too heavy with it inside. Fellow editor Kelsey Mays reviewed the A5 Cabriolet convertible last year and found the A5's base 2.0-liter turbo maladjusted, which is strange because our staff universally loves that engine in the A4, as well as other Audis and... Read More