2013 A5

2013 Audi A5

2013 Audi A5

Have you driven the 2013 Audi A5?

Worth EVERY Penny

by New A5 Owner from Chester County, PA on Fri Sep 28 2012

The new 2013 Audi A5 is the nicest car I've ever owned. It was a splurge, but absolutely worth it. I bought it mainly for it's looks (the car is drop dead gorgeous), with "bells and whistles" as a second consideration and performance/handling third. I now rave to anyone who will listen about the way this car drives and handles. Looks and all of the innovative features are the icing on the cake. I get comments and compliments on my car everywhere I go and every time I see it and drive it I love it more. It was difficult to find a manual transmission A5 but I wouldn't have it any other way. If you are considering this car, treat yourself. You will love every minute of your driving experience.

Best Convert on the market!

by 2112 from Lumberton NJ on Mon Jun 02 2014

After months of shopping and comparing convertibles and many test drives later we couldnt be happier with our A5 purchase. In comparison testing we pitted the A5 to the BMW328i, the Mini S convertible and an American classic the Camaro Convertible. Yeah I know throwing in the Camaro and Mini was comparing apples to oranges, only thing in common was the soft top but, we wanted to keep all options open. The A5 won hands down for amongst other reasons... comfort, handling and overall fit and finish. Size definitely mattered and the ability to take friends or our adult children out for a cruise,comfortably, again put the A5 ahead of the game. Mileage is great and it really gets up and goes. when the soft top is up its as quiet as a hardtop and when its down you can still have usable space in the trunk. Dont try that with a 328i..

A5 Cabriolet

by ChefRon from Fall River, Wi on Thu Feb 07 2013

I was looking to trade in my F-150 and wanted a convertible (just sold my motorcycle) that was sporty and AWD. Not many out there. Owning a BMW, I started with the 335 but alas, RWD. I started researching the A5 and was more and more intrigued by it's looks and the fact that it's AWD. I tracked down a 2010 that fit the bill but to my disappointment, it sold before I got a chance to see it. Enter the 2013 A5. All I can say is "Gorgeous and Amazing"! You don't see many of these on the road but when you do, you can't help but stare! The Quattro got me through 2 blizzards in the first week. The 4 cylinder Turbo was my only worry coming from a V-8 and a BMW 6 but that soon disappeared. Plenty of passing power, good MPG and a car that I can't believe is in my garage. It makes my BMW look slow and old. If you're shopping for one, make sure to get the heated/cooled seats with neck warmer and the B & O sound system. Can't wait for spring so I can enjoy it with the top down!

Another Sweet Ride

by Loving new ride from Chicago on Mon Jan 13 2014

Hated to re-use the other review title, but my second youngest, 9 year old boy, after his first ride in Dad's new Midnight Blue, Certified used, Premium Plus convertible A5 was: "Man, this is a sweet ride!" I love the combination of luxurious comfort with sporty performance. Steering is tight, but not obnoxious, seats are form fitting and comfortable - I am 6'2" and dont have the seat all the way back. Runs smooth at speed, accelerates very well either from low speed or a stop. Best of all, the all wheel drive and low center of gravity car made it comfortable to drive in the 2014 bitter cold and snow in the upper midwest. More worried about other knuckleheads dinging my "sweet ride" than being able to handle the conditions. Paid a little extra for certified used, but piece of mind for a high end car feels worth it.

Fabulous!

by Annual Audi buyer from St. Louis, Mo. on Wed May 29 2013

This car defies gravity in turns and leaps like a frog off the line while averaging 25 mpg! It is a sophisticated gentleman's car, in the ilk of the 1966 Buick Riviera, the El Dorado, etc. Not many like this,,, High resale value so I buy one every year...

Best Car Ever Owned

by Flying Hawaiian from Pittsburgh, PA on Mon Mar 24 2014

Excellent vehicle. Hugs the road, more than adequate acceleration. Interior is magnificent and luxurious. Prestige package has all the bells and whistles.

Great Convertible

by Convertible Owner from Reno, NV on Tue Mar 19 2013

I was looking for a convertible with decent room for 4, and AWD. Audi was the only manufacturer without RWD. The car has been great. Decent room for 4 considering a convertible, top goes down in 16 seconds, turbo 4 has plenty of power and good gas mileage, trunk room is good, and the car just looks great!

Audi (Lack of) reliability

by Not drinking the coolaide.....anymore. from Sacramento on Fri Aug 21 2015

Audi has finally done it! Long time Audi (A5) owner (multiple cars) and multiple problems. In the past Audi has always been right there with work done under warranty. God help you though when the warranty runs out, you'll be treated like a leper. Timing chain and tensioner challenges STILL EXIST on the 2.0 TFSI motor, had my 2013 A5 fail at under 30K. Have pictures to prove the destruction showing the chain grinding a hole in the side of the engine block. Luckily the problem was identified before it destroyed the entire motor. Audi says take it to the dealer so they can take it all apart (at my expense) and see for themselves? I say not, I've already sunk enough money into repairs just to have a certified Audi specialist tell me what I already know. Have more money than sense? Have an extra car to drive while this ones in the shop? All good questions to ask yourself before that next purchase.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best car I have driven

by Car Nut from Toronto, ON, CANADA on Thu Nov 08 2012

I traded my 2010 Mercedes C250 for a new Audi A5 2.0 Quattro and I am amazed at the way it handles and the compliments I get on the car. It is smooth, powerful, accelerates with ease. I find it very comfortable and the I love the MMI navigation system. I could not be happier with my choice. The tiptronic gear is amazing allowing me to shift down when I am cruising to overtake with ease. I was also surprised that the 4 cylinder turbo was so much more powerful than my V6 more fuel efficient and delivered better CO2 emission. Love it!

Sweet car

by A5driver from Seattle on Fri Jun 14 2013

The fit and finish of this vehicle is second to none. Why can't the yanks figure out quality finishes? I mean really?? Is it that difficult? I traded a 2010 C6 Corvette for my new Phantom Black A5 manual. That said, it's a tough transition from a 435hp V8 to a 2ltr. The 2ltr is a wonderful plaything but torque disappears after 3rd gear. My problem: Torque NEVER disappeared with the C6. If you share a similar circumstance, I would check out the S5 first. I should have. But, the A5 is the coolest car ever. As I said, the F&F is the best on earth. I have purchased more than 20 new cars (maybe 30 or more). The A5 is the best built car I have ever experienced. Quality? Amazing, but time will tell. MPG has let me down so far. 24 average, mixed. That seems a little low for a 4

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2013 Audi A5

Now that my kids are out of child-safety seats, I looked forward to test-driving the 2013 Audi A5 coupe, an unconventional choice for a family car. I assumed that a coupe would work well for my kids at least until they were gangly teenagers, and for the most part, it did. As many families know, an ideal vehicle can be as transitional as the jeans you bought your kid at the beginning of the school year: Don't be surprised if they don't fit by December.

The 2013 Audi A5 coupe caters to adults with its luxurious finish and turbocharged engine; the backseat isn't an afterthought, but it's not suited to children in child-safety seats.

It was love at first drive with the A5. It could have been its 211-horsepower... Read More