Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2016 A5

2016 Audi A5

2016 Audi A5

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2016 Audi A5?

Detailer's nightmare

by Fritz Wunderlich from Boston, MA on Sun Nov 15 2015

I took ownership of my new 2016 A5 two weeks ago and so far I like the car. My brother in-law was a long-time BMW driver and I was more of a Mercedes person, owning two C class cars in a row. We both ended up driving Audis, and I think that Audi must be doing something right. What I like: - Looks - Acceleration - waaaay better than of the 3L 6 cylinder C300, and I had both a manual and an automatic - Leather seats without paying extra What I am neutral about: - Gas mileage (better than any other car I owned since my 1995 A4 1.9 TDI), but not really that great - The basic audio system is ok, but does not blow me away. The subwoofer does not deliver. What I dislike: - The doors open in 2 positions - one too narrow to get out with ease and the other one too wide for garages. - The car does not look it, but it is tough to clean. Doing a proper chamois job took 3 times as long as on the C300. You really need to blow-dry the A5. I used compressed air to blow the water out of all the nooks and crannies. The plastic inserts in the back and on the front grill seem to retain a lot of water, and so does the window trim. - The MMI system's user interface is an example of how not to do it. It looks like some of the apps use completely different UI metaphors and that their integration lacked adult oversight. As a result, I find myself searching for certain functions over and over again. There are 14 knobs and buttons on the center console. The Comand system in the Mercedes has 3 and is so much more intuitive. Functionally, is mostly does what I need, with a few exceptions (e.g. Bluetooth Audio does not work well with my Nexus 5). - The red illumination on the controls is difficult to read at night for a 50+ year old. - I the rain-sensing wipers and auto-dimming rear-view mirror - my A5 did not come with either option. - The on-board Wifi (AT&T) has poor transfer rates. I get much more reliable audio streaming with my Nexus 5 over the T-Mobile network. There is not a chance I pay for this service once the free 6 months are over. - The combination of the start-stop button, the ignition switch, and the electronic parking break is confusing. It is possible to apply the parking break without turning on the ignition, for example when you forgot to put the car in gear and it rolls back. But you can't disengage the break without the ignition being on. The car turns the headlights off when you stop the engine to save gas at a red light. Etc etc. All not though-out very well and I find myself wishing for a mechanical break and ignition key. In closing, the Audi seemed to have the best overall value, compared to the 2016 model lineup of other brands. I was very disappointed with the performance and gas mileage of the 4 cylinder engine in the new C class, for example. The Audi's ride on the other hand is responsive and inspired and it get by with less. The electronics are a bit quirky and I decided to put up with that. The A5 is not a slam-dunk recommendation, but rather a personal choice after a long decision-making process. Not a bad choice, though, I am quite happy I got one.

09 Audi A5

by FresnoP from FresnoP on Thu Aug 31 2017

This is hands down the best car I've owned. You can really feel the difference with AWD and the suspension/brakes make it an incredibly comfortable ride. The styling and quality inside and out is great.

Audi - A5 Review

by David from Indian Wells on Mon Apr 03 2017

Very please with this automobile. We bought the cabriolet and it is very quiet on the road - we can actually hear over the wind. Something we could not do in our previous Porsche Cabriolet

Most Fun Car I have Owned

by Summer Cruising from Glenarden, MD on Mon Sep 28 2015

I have place and order and cannot wait until it is delivered. I was disappointed in the exterior color selection for 2016 and had to settle for what was available.

Love this car!

by Kim from Oak lawn, il on Wed Nov 29 2017

It’s amazing!! Definitely worth purchasing. The car is durable and very appealing to the eye. Everything about it screams style and comfort.

Fun Car to drive

by Beth M. from Arizona on Fri Apr 07 2017

I've only owned my A5 for less than a month but I have received so many compliments! It is sporty and fun to drive. Love that it has blind spot monitors, navigation, all the bells and whistles. Extra bonus that it has short videos for the owners manual that you can watch in the car!

Bought less than a week ago, and LOVE IT!

by Ice_arrowmaker from MA on Sun Mar 04 2018

Comfort, styling, drivability of this car is amazing! Highly recommend going for the sport seats over the normal ones as they are far better. The car is a joy to drive!

One of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned.

by tdeno from New Lenox on Tue May 02 2017

Great car! Quick, beautiful, has an excellent ride and smooth . Effortless accelaration, a car that is ahead of its time in style. Worth much more than its estimated value. I will continue to buy Audi's based on what I have seen.

most reliable car I have ever owned!

by kamkam101 from on Mon May 22 2017

Honestly one of the best vehicles I ever owned! That feel you get in the driver's seat is just undescribable.

Sexy, stylish and comfortable

by NCMARINE from Morehead City on Fri Apr 14 2017

I think the A5 is one of the best looking coupes on the road today. Classic and aggressive linesone the outside and the right balance of sport and luxury on the inside. Comfort and ease of use throughout. Thoughtful ergonomic features abound. Absolutely love it and so glad I chose Audi over BMW and Benz alternatives.

1 2

Our Take on the 2016 Audi A5

Verdict: The Audi A5 is a perfectly pleasant, if dated, personal luxury coupe.

Versus the Competition: The A5 is less powerful than just about any of its competitors, but it doesn't feel slower. The A5 is soon to be redesigned, but right now its equipment and safety systems are outmatched by the older body-types like the BMW 4 Series, Lexus RC, Cadillac ATS and the newly updated Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe.

Audi's compact luxury lineup is in the middle of being refreshed, with the new 2017 A4 arriving this spring. That leaves the related S4 sport sedan and A5 coupe still soldiering on as 2016 models without an update yet. There aren't many changes for 2016 for the A5 (compare... Read More