Read or write a review.

4.4
Average based on 21 reviews

Fun Drive

by from Texas on September 3, 2011

compared it to bmw 535 and chose A-6 due to interior styling, advanced technology and value for the money. Audi includes many options that you have to pay extra for in BMW. Acceleration and quatro are fantastic.

Best In Class

by from Boston, Massachusetts on July 23, 2011

At first the 535 xi looked like a better choice but after driving both I went with the A6, 10 more hp, 140 more torques, standard nav system and awd, more luxurious ride and better interior make up for the looks that the A6 loses to the 535xi.

Great Car

by from Coastal South Caro;ina on March 30, 2012

I have owned my Audi A6 2.0 (4 cylinder turbo) premium plus for a three months now and couldn't be happier with the purchase. The car handles well, has plenty of power, is beautiful inside and out, has all the technology I could want, and gets good gas mileage. The MMI multi- media interface may be a lot to figure out for some people. But after using it a while, I've found it to be very intuitive and user friendly. I'd recommend spending some time playing with it before your test drive and purchase. I especially like the on-board computer and the navigation system. Once a destination is entered in the navigation system, a simplified navigation image appears between the dials directly in front of the driver in addition to the main screen. I also like the versatility of the MMI system. Between the dials on the dash, you can display a digital speedometer, the nav, the on-board computer, your phone directory, the list of songs from your ipod, etc. I have taken a few trips in the car and found the seats, instrument layout, and driver position to be very comfortable and highly adjustable for different drivers. There is plenty of room for 4 passengers comfortably and 5 passengers in a pinch. The trunk is very large. My model is the 4 cylinder turbo and is front wheel drive. I hesitated choosing between the supercharged 6 cylinder quattro and the 4 cylinder, but the superior gas mileage of the 4 cylinder won me over. I am getting 24 - 25 miles per gallon around town and mid-30's on the highway. The car is exceeding smooth and glides around corners. My one ding for performance was made because if performance is an overriding consideration for you, you should check out the supercharged 6 cylinder quattro. Another other minor issue, I've had trouble getting all the voice commands to work, but this could be me and not the car. My A6 brings a smile to my face every time I drive it and I gotten complements on it from friends, co-workers, and total strangers. I find the Audi superior to my old BMW. I think I've changed to Audi man for life. I highly recommend you consider an Audi A6.

Fun Car

by from Texas on October 25, 2011

Great acceleration, beautiful interior, latest tech gizmos; makes E-class and 500 series look old and staid.

best ever

by from Texas on February 20, 2013

I have 10000 miles on the A6 premium plus. Prior BMW`s for twenty years. This car is a flawless blend of comfort and performance.

A6 3.0 quatro prestige

by from Chicago area on May 13, 2012

I normally buy BMW, but went with the more peppy A6 3.0 quatro prestige rather than the 535ix . It even stands up to the performance of the more expensive 550ix.

Superb

by from on September 1, 2012

Loved the styling of the A7, but couldn't justify the price premium. "Settled" for the A6 instead. Great car in every way. Build quality, handling, and ride are superb. Highly recommended.

I love this car

by from San José, Costa Rica on October 7, 2012

Last year I bought a 2.8A6. I had some problems with my engine....4 times visiting the dealer. Although the driving experience and look was great, I decided to change for a 2013 A6 Sline with a 3.0T engine. This car is extraordinary, no doubt about it!!!

really nice car

by from ny on February 2, 2015

I'd say go for the prestige with the LEDs. Looks great inside and out. Looks better than other cars in its class. The BMW 535 m sport and the Lexus gs350 are the only 2 competitors that come close inside and out. This thing is quick though and nice. Pictures and videos don't do it justice. I have the moonlight blue with sport package cold weather package. Brown interior. My boy has Lexus is,brother has 2011 BMW 528i , other boy has Infiniti m45 and other brother has g37 sedan. Mine is definitely the best one followed by the 528i

Great Daily Driver

by from Ashburn on February 1, 2017

Car has a few quirks but, take what I am stating with a 'grain of salt'. Car is very comfortable and quiet. Gas mileage is excellent. Definitely still has a 'modern' appeal. My gripes with this car is that it hesitates and has no feedback in the steering. Car is quite boring to drive. That being said, I will say that after driving a high powered Lancer Evo for years has kind of spoiled me. Summary, it is a very good car, just a boring , non-eventful drive.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Audi A 6