1998 Audi A8 Consumer Reviews

3.8
Average based on 5 reviews

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

by from Connecticut on June 27, 2007

All I have to say is TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION, TRANSMISSION!!!!! What does it take to get a recall? For the cost of this vehicle you should demand more! Do your homework. This is my third Audi and my last!

Worst car I ever owned....by far

by from Jersey City,NJ on January 2, 2012

Incredibly expensive to maintain. Gurantted you will need to replace the transmission and upper and lower control arms more than once. Great looking car, but RUN from these after 100,000 miles hit the clock.

Best Car I have ever owned

by from Washington, DC on April 13, 2013

My 1998 A8 has over 200,000 miles. I bought it at 75,000. It is by far the best and most reliable car I have ever owned. Except for brakes, tires, plugs and the battery, the only major repair I had was the fuel pump replacement which cost less than $500 with an after market pump and a talented mechanic. The car has spent most of it's life without a garage yet after 14 years the paint still has a beautiful gloss sheen.

smooth power

by from chicago il on August 28, 2014

very happy, very satisfy,over all the greatest car i ever owned, i owned a bmw in the past but let me tell you about the AUDI A8 wooooow buy one for yourself and youll be fullfilled..

GREAT ALLROUNG VEHICLE

by from CHICAGO on January 24, 2008

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST AUTOMOBILES THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN THE DRIVER OF. IT HAS SUPERB PICKUP AND GREAT PERFORMANCE THE STYLING AND INTERIOR ARE ONE OF A KIND COMPARABLE TO BENTLY OR ASTON MARTIN LEATHER IS SOFT AND THE CAR JUST HUGS THE ROAD . WHEN YOU DRIVE YOU FEEL TOTALY IN CONTROL AND WORRY FREE MAINTENENCE IS LOW AND GAS IS OK