2004 A8

2004 Audi A8

2004 Audi A8

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2004 Audi A8?

My Gateway into Fine Luxury and the best Ride ever

by Audis for Life! from Columbus, Ohio on Fri Oct 21 2011

Hello I purchased my 2004 Audi A8 via Cars.com Up in Cleveland Ohio with a Shocking Low Mileage of 63,000 miles on it.. I Have an 03 A6 4.2 v8 as well and I must say the Audi A8 L is on a whole different plateau. It rides so Smooth and the Transmission shifts without any hesitstation.. It is great on gas and gets up on the Highway.. Now let's talk about the spacious interior.. Your passengers will feel like they are in a Limo or a Maybach LOL! with all of the Comfortable leg room this car delivers. For the price a sure must have!!!

Just....phenomenal

by AJS Attorney at law from Chicago, IL on Mon Mar 05 2007

Best car i've ever owned or driven Extremely comfortable, tons of room, gorgeous exterior, sleek but a little plain exterior (but if your like me, i dont care about being seen, i prefer just passing through), and a beautiful and great-sounding engine for the 86000 i bought it for ive gotten everything i wanted great car, beats out my old 740il and s500 by a mile

A joy to own and drive daily

by Manaudi from Inverkeithing on Thu Apr 27 2017

I have been blessed to have owned 10 Audi cars since 1983. They all have been fantastic in their own way. I have a 2004 Audi A8 3.0 V6 Multitronic sport. I have owned it for 4 years and the car has been a joy to drive. It's just turn 148,000 miles and I still love driving it everywhere. I have owned lots of others makes of car but always end up wanting another Audi car. I also when to Germany to the Audi factory and watch them build the cars. They know how to build quality, reliability into all their cars. Would totally recommend buying a well looked after used Audi.

Best Car I have ever owned!!

by Travelr from Minnesota on Wed Dec 29 2010

I have owned a 2004 Audi A8 L since 2006 and have loved every minute of it. Best car I have ever driven, much less owned. If you are looking for the ultimate combination of performance, comfort and styling, look no further. The A8 is simply an incredible feat of engineering. I see some people on this site complaining about problems they have had. I suppose that can happen with any vehicle, but I have had no problems whatsoever myself, and know several other owners with similar positive experiences. Reliability has NOT been an issue with the A8, and especially since the new body style came out in 04. I should also point out that I drove the BMW 7-series and the Mercedes 500 series vehicles extensively before buying the A8. In my opinion, there was just no comparison. Aside from my preference for the exterior body style of the A8, the performance and interior on the A8 are far better than the competition in my opinion. I would strong encourage anyone to drive all the cars and see for yourself. Audi designs cars for drivers. Test drive an A8 and find out what that means!

2004 Audi A8 L

by Audi Enthralled from Knoxville, Tn on Tue Oct 25 2011

I purchased a 2004 Audi A8 L from the chicago area and I have been pleased to the end. It is a technological marvel and I have enjoyed it completely. It had 77000 miles when purchased and I will be taking it in for it's service soon. Crossing fingers it's not too expensive an undertaking. The engine is strong and the drive is unsurpassed by any vehicle I've previously owned, including Infiniti's, corvettes, Nissans.

Best Car I Ever Owned, hands down

by diddy from Houston on Mon Jun 28 2010

I purchased this car used and purchased an extended warranty through Audi. I owned the car for about three months before my only trouble started. The car button stopped working. I brought it to Audi and they fixed it free of charge. I was given a Q7 to drive while my new computer system came in from Germany. The service at Audi is outstanding. The key to this car is to make sure you have Warranty from Audi. There is no substitute. I will definitely recommend to friends.

Engineering Marvel

by Jake from Boston, Mass on Tue May 15 2012

This thing (2004 A8L) is a rocket ship when needed or an extremely comfortable sedan for 4 people at 250lbs with plenty of head and legroom. Will buy a new one in the next couple of years (new to me, used of course!)

Great car

by Harley Ron from Palm Springs on Mon Apr 02 2012

I was hesitant to go from a 2000 Camaro SS Convertible to a big luxury sedan because I love the handling & performance of sports cars. I LOVE the Audi A8L! With the Quattro drive it handles like a sports car - with a big leather sofa in the back. And what a smooth ride. It doesn't feel like a big car at all to me.

Greatest car we never get to drive

by k from charlotte, nc on Tue Feb 27 2007

We have had our A8 for 2 years and are looking to trade down. The car has been in the shop for 7 weeks this year alone. It seems to be "too electronic" and therefore there are always service messages and then back to the shop. Also, the MMI (electronic controls system) is located right next to the cup holder - BEWARE COFFEE DRINKERS! It has cost us $700 TWICE to replace the system because of coffee drips (not covered by the warranty) - I would not recommend this car to friends. If you do buy it - make sure your dealership offers luxury loaners - you'll be in them more than your own car!

Does not recommend this car!!

Still-Very nice ride at 113000 miles

by JMax from Northern MN on Mon Jan 14 2013

Just bought 2004 A8 L with 113000 mi and love the car! I am tall and drive about 200 miles day. The all wheel drive is exactly what I need for the winter snow and there's more room and luxery in this car than I expected. The massage seats while also in heat mode really make the long drives comfortable. Every Audi owner I talked to say the same thing about the 4.2L motor-Reliable. And-- I will not be going back to the cadillac. They are a bit pricey but so far very worth it!

1 2

Our Take on the 2004 Audi A8

Audi's premium flagship, A8 L, gains aggressive new styling, impressive performance and a wealth of electronic features for 2004.

Going up against archrivals BMW 745, Mercedes-Benz S500 and Jaguar XJ8, the big sedan brings together the contradictory forces of luxury and sportiness into a grand-touring sedan of strength and substance.

Still, A8 has given up some of its previously exclusive features to the competition. All-wheel drive can now be found on the Mercedes. And A8's signature feature, a lightweight all-aluminum space-frame structure, has been adopted by the latest Jaguar XJ8.

And the big Audi now has something similar to the BMW's most controversial feature, the I-drive... Read More