2004 A8

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.9 out of 5 starsReliability

My Gateway into Fine Luxury and the best Ride ever

by Audis for Life! from Columbus, Ohio on October 21, 2011

Hello I purchased my 2004 Audi A8 via Cars.com Up in Cleveland Ohio with a Shocking Low Mileage of 63,000 miles on it.. I Have an 03 A6 4.2 v8 as well and I must say the Audi A8 L is on a whole different plateau. It rides so Smooth and the Transmission shifts without any hesitstation.. It is great on gas and gets up on the Highway.. Now let's talk about the spacious interior.. Your passengers will feel like they are in a Limo or a Maybach LOL! with all of the Comfortable leg room this car delivers. For the price a sure must have!!!

Just....phenomenal

by AJS Attorney at law from Chicago, IL on March 5, 2007

Best car i've ever owned or driven Extremely comfortable, tons of room, gorgeous exterior, sleek but a little plain exterior (but if your like me, i dont care about being seen, i prefer just passing through), and a beautiful and great-sounding engine for the 86000 i bought it for ive gotten everything i wanted great car, beats out my old 740il and s500 by a mile

A joy to own and drive daily

by Manaudi from Inverkeithing on April 27, 2017

I have been blessed to have owned 10 Audi cars since 1983. They all have been fantastic in their own way. I have a 2004 Audi A8 3.0 V6 Multitronic sport. I have owned it for 4 years and the car has been a joy to drive. It's just turn 148,000 miles and I still love driving it everywhere. I have owned lots of others makes of car but always end up wanting another Audi car. I also when to Germany to the Audi factory and watch them build the cars. They know how to build quality, reliability into all their cars. Would totally recommend buying a well looked after used Audi.

NOT BAD ON MAINTENANCE AS ALL SAID!

by RADRON from San Diego on March 20, 2018

HAD IT FOR 10 YEARS ONLY PROBLEMS WAS HIT POTHOLE IN TJ AND NEEDED REPLACE AIR SUSPENSION 300 BUCKS ON E BAY , DOOR WINDOWS MOTOR 89 DOLLARS ON E BAY , AIR SENSOR , OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS THE BEST CAR EVER EXPERIENCED OVER ALL

Nice car

by Carnethon05 on April 19, 2018

Very good performance car, air suspension is top notch. A luxury full size car that competes with the heavy hitting luxury cars. Do your research on common problems associated with car. You will see that most are cosmetic in nature.

Best Car I have ever owned!!

by Travelr from Minnesota on December 29, 2010

I have owned a 2004 Audi A8 L since 2006 and have loved every minute of it. Best car I have ever driven, much less owned. If you are looking for the ultimate combination of performance, comfort and styling, look no further. The A8 is simply an incredible feat of engineering. I see some people on this site complaining about problems they have had. I suppose that can happen with any vehicle, but I have had no problems whatsoever myself, and know several other owners with similar positive experiences. Reliability has NOT been an issue with the A8, and especially since the new body style came out in 04. I should also point out that I drove the BMW 7-series and the Mercedes 500 series vehicles extensively before buying the A8. In my opinion, there was just no comparison. Aside from my preference for the exterior body style of the A8, the performance and interior on the A8 are far better than the competition in my opinion. I would strong encourage anyone to drive all the cars and see for yourself. Audi designs cars for drivers. Test drive an A8 and find out what that means!

2004 Audi A8 L

by Audi Enthralled from Knoxville, Tn on October 25, 2011

I purchased a 2004 Audi A8 L from the chicago area and I have been pleased to the end. It is a technological marvel and I have enjoyed it completely. It had 77000 miles when purchased and I will be taking it in for it's service soon. Crossing fingers it's not too expensive an undertaking. The engine is strong and the drive is unsurpassed by any vehicle I've previously owned, including Infiniti's, corvettes, Nissans.

Best Car I Ever Owned, hands down

by diddy from Houston on June 28, 2010

I purchased this car used and purchased an extended warranty through Audi. I owned the car for about three months before my only trouble started. The car button stopped working. I brought it to Audi and they fixed it free of charge. I was given a Q7 to drive while my new computer system came in from Germany. The service at Audi is outstanding. The key to this car is to make sure you have Warranty from Audi. There is no substitute. I will definitely recommend to friends.

Engineering Marvel

by Jake from Boston, Mass on May 15, 2012

This thing (2004 A8L) is a rocket ship when needed or an extremely comfortable sedan for 4 people at 250lbs with plenty of head and legroom. Will buy a new one in the next couple of years (new to me, used of course!)

Great car

by Harley Ron from Palm Springs on April 2, 2012

I was hesitant to go from a 2000 Camaro SS Convertible to a big luxury sedan because I love the handling & performance of sports cars. I LOVE the Audi A8L! With the Quattro drive it handles like a sports car - with a big leather sofa in the back. And what a smooth ride. It doesn't feel like a big car at all to me.

1 2