2008 Audi A8 Consumer Reviews

2008 Audi A 8
Average based on 5 reviews

4th A8L

by from Rhode Island on May 13, 2011

This is our fourth A8L, I have owned Mercedes S class, BMW 7 series and many Jaguars and we just love the ride, the style, the power of this car. Looking forward to purchasing a new one in the fall.

Absolutely Amazing

by from Pennsylvania on April 30, 2012

Never saw the Valet fight over who gets to pull my car up. The A8L is the most amazing large sedan on the road. The 4.2L V8 gets 25 MPG on the highway. My rear passengers have room to cross their legs. The sound system is incredible.

2008 bought at 39,ooo miles

by from Minnepaolis, MN on May 14, 2013

This A8L has has 64,000 miles and had no issues at all. Car's reliability has been excellent! Maintenance : Oil changes, filters and winter tires for MN. Daily driver for 40 miles on state rural roads is a joy. Smoothes the worst country roads and handles solid. Daily trips, if not hammering it in the straights, averages 26.4 to 27.2 mpg- beating the factory listed mpg. Running 19" wheels with tires at 40 PSI and in dynamic suspension mode. As a former amature road race driver, this car exceeded my expectaions. The interior equals or exceeds the MB S class for this model year. No longer designed with a timing belt ( has traditional double row timing chain) adds to the value of long term ownership!

Can't Leave the Audi Brand!

by from Snohomish, WA on February 15, 2014

This is my second A8L. Just got the 2008 and love it. Doesn't have quite as many bells and whistles as my 2004 but prettier interior, better engine and quiet ride make up for it. I had a Mercedes E500 (now driven by my daughter) and much prefer the Audi. Roomiest by far. Considered the Mercedes, Jaguar and others before going back to the Audi. Just wanted to see what else was available. Couldn't make the switch after all. Just love it! Mileage is excellent on long road trips too!

Better than first thought

by from Portland Ore on December 5, 2011

I only traded my A8 because it was going to go out of warrantee in a few months. I averaged a bit over 18mpg around town and it was difficult to let go of it, but I replaced it with a certified 2010 S5 with 6,500 miles, so it will be under full coverage until 2016. I even ran a couple of track days with the A8 and pushed it to its limit and was NOT disappointed with its performance.