2010 Audi A 8

Great luxury, less reliability

by from Boston, MA on November 3, 2011

I absolutely love the comfort and drive of my A8 but it has had more than it's share of problems and they are costly to fix. Luckily most problems were covered by warranty but even an oil change cost $300 due to the location of the filter. Again, the most luxury and comfort I have ever experienced but when I think of what I'm paying for that I have to wonder if it's worth it. I said I would recommend this to a friend, but only a very rich friend.

Sweet Ride!!

by from Marble Falls, Tx. on April 24, 2017

WOW! What a vehicle! Beautiful, stylish, comfortable. You really feel priveledged to ride in such a nice vehicle. And to think, it a 2010...slready 8 years old and still impressive!

Best Flagship Sedan for $$

by from Midatlantic on June 5, 2010

This is my second Audi, I upgraded from an A-6. The difference from the A-6 to A-8 is substantial, I always questioned the justification of the price jump but there really is no comparison between the two vehicles. The A-8 is actually built on virtually the same platform as the Bentley Flying Spur and Continental. I did a lot of research before I bought my 8 and I feel very good about this car. Motor Trend and other auto rags have consistently rated the A8 above the BMW 7 Series and and just below the Mercedes S Class. I am partial to Audi's, I think they have a unique look and I believe they are the up and coming luxury brand. To me the S Class Mercedes seems designed for the over 50 crowd and the BMW is a little too viva Las Vegas for my taste. The bimmer has better acceleration and torque, but it not refined and it really doesn't feel like a luxury car should. The Audi has less power but the transmission is so much smoother and refined then the BMW. I don't feel the A8 is underpowered in any way, I find it fairly sporty on the rare occasions I can open it up a bit. Lets be clear this is a luxury sedan not a sports car. I really like the ability to adjust the suspension on the MMI interface. This allows the drive to tighten or loosen the suspension and raise and lower the car based on driving conditions. Even though the interior is largely unchanged from 2004 its hard to improve perfection. Bottom line for me was the 2010 A8 was about 10 to 15K less the a comparable 7 series BMW and about 20K+ less that an S class. For me going with the Audi was a an easy choice and I am very pleased with my decision.

Researched

by from Atlanta Georgis on August 25, 2012

I researched this car for five (5) years and over those five years I watched this car climb to be better and better after 2005 they finally got it right!! The A8L has to be driven to appreciate the excellants of the automobile itself. The extra features can't be learned all in one day, I'm still finding out awesome stuff about it and how it works. It gets plenty of attention on the road and holds its own with the best in its class as far as I'm concern.

Laughable

by from Park Ridge Illinois on December 2, 2010

I keep seeing these brand new A8's with burnt out LED headlights. It's not just A8's though, but the whole Audi line that has issues with LED's. If they can't make a simple LED light work properly, imagine what else will go wrong with these cars. It's just funny to see someone pay 80k+ for a car that has issues with something simple such as lighting. I guess that all those stories about Volkswagen's infamous unreliability are true and it shows in Audi as well.

Average

by from on December 1, 2010

I was expecting more for my price, this car is a waste of money and u could do better for your money somewhere else.

Trouble from the start

by from Kansas City Missouri on November 29, 2011

We bought the car from the Lexus dealer with 15000 miles. They new nothing about the MMI etc so we took the car to Audi. They were even confused by several options. The wheels have given the most problem, a blow out on the rear and with new tires a flat on the other side after driving on a gravel road. The heating and A/C controls are difficult.

Our Expert Review: 2010 Audi A 8