2012 Audi A8 consumer reviews

side view of 2012 A8 Audi
Explore the 2012 A8 Audi
Shop the 2012 A8 Audi

New Car

Great value and meets my needs...Friends and clients love it as do I. Intend to drive this vehicle for at least another 250 k miles!

This car is exquisite and very comfortable.

This is the right size car for me and my family. I love the color and how smooth it drives. It has many qualities. :)

Best and most luxurious car I’ve owned!!!

Had Mercedes S class, BMW 750, etc. but the Audi A8L is my absolute favorite vehicle I’ve known. You have the muscle, confort and luxury you want.

4.3

Most reliable

I really fell in love with this vehicle. To me it's nothing better then a Audi but don't just take my word for it go get one

Highly Recommended

This car was very comfortable driving as well as the get up and go when needed to get into traffic. I would highly recommended this car to anyone thats looking for the leg room as well as the performance.

My second A8

Even better this time. No mechanical issues after the dealer fixed a clunk in the suspension. It was great having an internet hotspot intergrated in the entertainment system!

excellent technology, style and performance

excellent technology has been very reliable and no issues at 100000 miles - drives like first day very intuitive entertainment system love the massage seats

Best value for the money of any car I've owned

The Audi A8L represents the upper echelon of sedans. New, this car is extraordinarily expensive . However, as depreciation wreaks havoc on this car it drops to a very affordable price bracket. I bought this car CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) which guaranteed it was in good condition and it also provided an extended warranty for problems that may pop up. When I got this car, it was very good condition and I didn't feel worn down at all. I would definitely recommend buying this car for people looking to go further up the market than their budget may allow on a new car. I think this car is very good used but I have trouble justifying the price if it is bought new.

Best Luxury Sporty Sedan - Audi A8

One of the best cars ever made. This is exceptional German made vehicle, superb quality, comfort and reliability. Driving this limousine is an ultimate pleasure whether behind the wheel ot in the back seat.

3.0

Performance & luxury but...

This is my second Audi and perhaps the last. For 100K+ you'll get performance and ultimate luxury, but it seems to all stop there. In the first 4,000 miles all warning lights lit up like Xmas lights. Resets after restart, reappears after 15 minutes of operation. Fixed under warranty after 2 days. Passenger side window inoperable due to regulator. EGV failure caused my A8 to run on 4 cylinders, max speed to dealer 30 mph! EGV failure again at 7,000. 24 days at dealer due to lack of parts. Dealer gave me a Infiniti M to drive in the meantime (brilliant car btw). Then, of course, more Xmas lights at 11,000. Dealer can't resolve the mysterious codes so simply did some magic reset. Then more electronic nightmares. Driver side HID/LED DRL entire housing replaced due to moisture buildup. HID went from a white lamp to an embarrassing bright purple light. ABS light at 13,500. All of which was taken care of under warranty. Regardless, the inconvenience this A8 has caused is ridiculous. Dealer was always short of courtesy cars (wondrous why?). Excuses, excuses and more excuses. I got rid of it right at 14,000 miles. I took a loss but it was well worth getting rid of it. I'm in a Lexus LS F now with 20,000 miles of absolutely ZERO issues. It's a bit mundane compared to the A8, but it's well worth that difference. I will never be able to recommend another Audi product. Some will never have the problems I had, but I did and that's good enough for me. No more Audi for this household!