Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 2 reviews

Best motor I've ever owned

by from Leesburg, VA on September 17, 2013

I've had 11 Audis from 5000's to A6s and S8s. This 2014 A8L TDI has it all. It performs wonderfully, not too fast but had plenty of power when you need it with over 400 ft/lbs of torque. I took a leisurely 40 mile trip and was able to squeeze 47 mpg in mixed driving. I tried to get the highest so that's not normal. I've been getting 33 combined and 41 or so on the highway. The interior is impeccable, the MMI system is the best in the industry, the message seats are wonderful and my back seat passengers love the extra leg room. Economy, performance, luxury; it has it all. It's fun to drive even on windy roads which you'd expect from an AWD European sports sedan. Why Audi didn't bring in more TDI's I'll never know. Next year the A4 will arrive in the USA with TDI engines to choose from. We here in the USA will no longer have to drive plastic Prius's to be green.

My first 'Luxury" car

by from Sarasota, FL on November 14, 2013

Aside from a few minor 'creature features' that could stand a bit of 'tweaking', it's a great car. Some of the items I will recommend to Audi include: • Audi Connect news items should have a “Read” options to keep eyes on the road. Same as “Travel Information.” • Seats should be “cooled” vs. ventilated. GM has offered this for many years. • There should be an “Exit” seat setting for leaving the vehicle. Return to max opening for easier/better access. Should also be adjustable. • Should have a “Remote Start” feature. Not new technology. GM has offered it for many years. • Rain sensors should close windows and sunroof. • Tire pressure readings (absolute numbers) should read out. GM has offered it for many years. No clue on Audi except when pressures fall to some (unknown) low level. One major shortcoming of the car is its woefully undersized trunk space @ 13 Ft3. A car of this size and price level should have a much larger cargo space. ~ 18-Ft3 Large enough to store four sets of golf clubs. Another issue worth mentioning is road noise. I believe Audi's selection of tire tread design should be revisited. At 70 MPH, it's rather noisy in the cabin. The car's aerodynamics seem fine and the car is well insulated and solid. I'm sure there are much quieter tires available, such as the Continental's "Pro Contact" series I installed on my '09 Cadillac DTS (Great tires!) The car is very sure-footed on the road, very solid feel and excellent response with the 3-L engine. Can't imagine any need/benefit of 4-L. I've only had the car ~ two weeks and haven't learned all the ins/outs of the navigation and phone systems, but they are both very impressive. Audio (speaker) system is "Good"--not "crisp" sound, but very nice. On balance, it's a fun car to drive and feels very good. Long trips turn into very short ones with a great deal of comfort. It "floats" down the road. I really enjoy the car.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Audi A 8