2014 Audi A 8

My first 'Luxury" car

by from Sarasota, FL on November 14, 2013

Aside from a few minor 'creature features' that could stand a bit of 'tweaking', it's a great car. Some of the items I will recommend to Audi include: ? Audi Connect news items should have a ?Read? options to keep eyes on the road. Same as ?Travel Information.? ? Seats should be ?cooled? vs. ventilated. GM has offered this for many years. ? There should be an ?Exit? seat setting for leaving the vehicle. Return to max opening for easier/better access. Should also be adjustable. ? Should have a ?Remote Start? feature. Not new technology. GM has offered it for many years. ? Rain sensors should close windows and sunroof. ? Tire pressure readings (absolute numbers) should read out. GM has offered it for many years. No clue on Audi except when pressures fall to some (unknown) low level. One major shortcoming of the car is its woefully undersized trunk space @ 13 Ft3. A car of this size and price level should have a much larger cargo space. ~ 18-Ft3 Large enough to store four sets of golf clubs. Another issue worth mentioning is road noise. I believe Audi's selection of tire tread design should be revisited. At 70 MPH, it's rather noisy in the cabin. The car's aerodynamics seem fine and the car is well insulated and solid. I'm sure there are much quieter tires available, such as the Continental's "Pro Contact" series I installed on my '09 Cadillac DTS (Great tires!) The car is very sure-footed on the road, very solid feel and excellent response with the 3-L engine. Can't imagine any need/benefit of 4-L. I've only had the car ~ two weeks and haven't learned all the ins/outs of the navigation and phone systems, but they are both very impressive. Audio (speaker) system is "Good"--not "crisp" sound, but very nice. On balance, it's a fun car to drive and feels very good. Long trips turn into very short ones with a great deal of comfort. It "floats" down the road. I really enjoy the car.

Best motor I've ever owned

by from Leesburg, VA on September 17, 2013

I've had 11 Audis from 5000's to A6s and S8s. This 2014 A8L TDI has it all. It performs wonderfully, not too fast but had plenty of power when you need it with over 400 ft/lbs of torque. I took a leisurely 40 mile trip and was able to squeeze 47 mpg in mixed driving. I tried to get the highest so that's not normal. I've been getting 33 combined and 41 or so on the highway. The interior is impeccable, the MMI system is the best in the industry, the message seats are wonderful and my back seat passengers love the extra leg room. Economy, performance, luxury; it has it all. It's fun to drive even on windy roads which you'd expect from an AWD European sports sedan. Why Audi didn't bring in more TDI's I'll never know. Next year the A4 will arrive in the USA with TDI engines to choose from. We here in the USA will no longer have to drive plastic Prius's to be green.

A treat to drive.

by from Newport on May 17, 2017

I love the loaded feasted. Adaptive cruise control is the way to go. Really reduces stress in heavy traffic. I look forward to my drives.

Luxury with a punch

by from Sac on June 3, 2017

Just bought it and drove for a week. Just getting to know all the things it has. A very responsive car and exudes luxury.

A8 luxury ride and performance

by from Lincolnton GA on April 26, 2017

Beautiful car inside and out. The ride is luxurious, has back massages and the seats have temperature control. Great stereo system and ergonomic design- very roomy front and back.

New to Audi

by from Fort Washington on June 5, 2017

The style and performance is incredible. The interior size is everything I was looking for as well. I'm super impressed with Audi.

Nice ride

by from Sacramento,Ca on April 6, 2017

I enjoyed driving this one on the freeway lol took it highway 99 had a real blast handles well accelerates well

Looking GOOD....Gotta LOVE it!!!

by from Buffalo, NY on April 18, 2017

This vehicle is not what I expected....but WOW! It drives GREAT and looks good. Very roomy, even in the back seats. Hey Audi, WHAT NEXT?

DREAM CAR

by from Chicago on September 21, 2017

I loved test driving this car. It was fast and sleek and had great interior options. A little out of my budget, but the cost might just be worth it. I would say this car is great for someone who has the time and money to take it to the dealer for repairs and maintenance. Ultimately too costly of a car for me to have, but I really love the way this car looks and drives.
Not Rated Reliability

Last one I had was great! Hope to repeat!

by from Pittsburgh pa on August 23, 2017

Love the way the car rides,handles,performance,interior and exterior styling. It's a large car that doesn't handle like one!

Our Expert Review: 2014 Audi A 8