2010 Q5

2010 Audi Q5

2010 Audi Q5

4.4

Have you driven the 2010 Audi Q5?

An SUV that drives like a luxury sedan

by Crossover Newbie from Connecticut on January 29, 2010

My last 2 vehicles were 4 door luxury sedans, an Infinity G35 and a BMW 335i. With my 2 sons getting older (and bigger) I wanted something with more room but still drove and felt like a luxury sedan (not a truck). Although I wanted more roomm I didn't want a large vehicle either, so I quickly settled on the 5 seat crossover SUV category. I spent many weeks researching and reading reviews on sites like cars.com. I tested drove several vehicles that were in that category in my price range ($35-45k). I narrowed my choices down to 3 vehicles -the Nissan Murano LX, the Land Rover LR2 and the Audi Q5. The available end of year pricing and standard options on the LR2 were very attractive but I just didn't care for the boxy styling of the vehilce and its like of power, especially the latter. The Murano LX was very nice. It was loaded with options but was fairly expensive for a non-luxury SUV. The Audi Q5 had everything I was looking for in a vehicle. It is roomier than a luxury sedan but drives and feels just like one. Although the exterior is nice and classy with smooth, round lines, it's the interior that really stood out for me. I chose the cinnamon leather interior with black exterior combination. I can't tell you how many people that have commented on the combination and how classy is looks. The instrument panel is made with all quality materials and the kids love the dual panel sunroof. Another nice thing about the Q5 is that there aren't many of them on the street yet, so most people have never seen one before - adding to its alure. After 2 months of driving the Q5 I have zeroo complaints. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a luxury vehicle with a little more room without sacrificing your driving experience.

Refined and solid...easily the best CUV

by MikeQ5 from Toronto, ON on January 29, 2010

The Q5 does lean a bit on the pricey side - especially when you consider how aggressively BMW and Mercedes discount their cars and subsidize their leases. That said it offer the best ride and most sophisticated style in its category. I bought it for it's many safety features and manageable size (relative to the Q7). Couldn't resist the S-Line package with its 20-inch wheels and performance tires (you'll need snows but you should get those anyway). Back-up camera and MMI system are best-in-class and the panoramic roof is fantastic. Even gets decent fuel economy averaging around 10.5 L/100km.

Love this Vehicle

by TheWorstCritic from Bartlett, TN on June 11, 2014

this is one of the best purchases I have made, I am a very cautious buyer. I scrutinized this vehicle performance, quality and cost for 2 years before I bought it. Researched the maintenance cost, most likely repairs, other owners reviews, and value. I get envious stares and unexpected waves from other drivers on the road. I love this vehicle. and the capacity...the features....I cant say enough about this vehicle. Great buy!!!

Most Reliable Car I Have EVER Owned

by TC on July 12, 2017

I love this car and it meets all my needs. I feel incredibly safe when driving it, the car's performance is amazing and it is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. It drives very well, handles curves, and all the elements (rain, snow, etc) very well and the interior and exterior design is amazing. It is comfortable to sit in, plenty of room in the car and the rear seats recline. It has over 100,000+ miles and is still going strong. I have not had one issue with this car. I will continue to buy Audi vehicles!

Stunning, Well-Executed Sport/Crossover...

by Uncle Dave from Colorado on August 30, 2011

The Q5 delivers an unmatchable combination of styling, performance, luxury, reliability and utility. The 3.2 liter V6 serves up plenty of smooth, refined power. The handling is incredible for this class... solid and well-planted with minimal body roll. Not often mentioned but important in mountain driving, the Q5's brakes are firm and rock-solid... far superior to those of the RX 330 that we came out of. The well-appointed premium interior offers great luxury, comfort and convenience, and the premium sound system is stellar. Reliability has not been an issue for us with the Q5 performing flawlessly. It's been the "go-to" vehicle for us during our two years of ownership.

Amazing car!

by Audi Fan! from Chicago, IL on October 9, 2009

I thought i would regret buying this crossover suv...but it is absolutely fantastic. Everything about it makes it perfect. The design of it is breath taking and impossible to miss, you cannot miss these LED's on the street so it is a head turner. It is so comfortable inside, but the backseats are not the best..but if you get the luxury package, they will be really soft and comfy. The cabin is just a great place to be in.

So far no complaints

by gdan from Branford, CT on December 19, 2011

I have owned a Q5 for a year and a half and so far no complaints. The Q5 has a great road feel as compared to other crossovers such as the Lexus RX 350. Very comfortable and nimble

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great, classy car!

by Jess from Minneapolis, MN on September 28, 2011

I traded a BMW X3 and feel there is no comparison! Much more car than the BMW for the same price as a 2010 X3, and I looked at both. The design is classy, the ride comfortable, and the handling is great! I have had no problems and love the car! I'm pulling a lite 21ft travel trailer and was surprised at the mpg... 13-15mpg! No effort on the car! Without the trailer I have had highway mpg of almost 30!

DON'T BUY THIS VEHICLE!!!

by Owner in NJ from New Jersey on December 9, 2011

I was very excited to be in my first Audi after driving Lexus, Lincoln, and Acura. WHAT A MISTAKE!!! There is a MAJOR DESIGN FLAW on this vehicle. My Audi Q5 is only 2 years old and they have had to drop the engine twice already to get access to the secondary air intake. This is not a problem that will go away and it WILL COST ME THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS if I have to make this CATASTOPHIC REPAIR every 6-8 months (based on the span of time between my 2 occurances). I have been left without use of my vehicle for 2 weeks each time the repair was required. Audi America has turned their back on me - telling me to purchase an "after market" warranty - which wouldn't cover this type of repair anyway!!! I bought the vehicle based on the Audi reputation and spent over $60,000 believing I was buying quality and reputation - they have failed me on both counts!!! I SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH A DIFFERENT BRAND. DON'T BUY THIS VEHICLE!!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Disappointed

by MaverickDissapointed from Pittsburgh, Pa. on July 26, 2010

Bought a 2010 Audi Q5. Have it 6 months and have a problem. I like the car but it has a design flaw which Audi will not correct. Now, this is a nice car, but, when you open the hatch to the cargo area, snow, dirt, ice melt and water run off of the hatch hinges and over and down the rubber seal and into the cargo space and down the sidewalls of the inside area. It makes a mess and has to be cleaned and brushed to prevent staining. Audi states that this is the way it's supposed to work and the drain channel is overwhelmed with liquid. This is not the case. This is not the way one of the finest cars in the world is supposed to be. Audi will not do anything about it. Read consumer reviews if your contemplating purchasing one. Wake up Audi.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2010 Audi Q5

There are large, comfy SUVs that are made to haul large families to idyllic picnics in the countryside. You can just see them parked under a tree while sunbeams shine down, birds sing and an angel plays a harp.

On the other side of the valley, where snow falls, thunder booms and all hell breaks loose, the Audi Q5 is quite at home cruising down the road, thank you very much. I got to test a 2010 Q5 during a snowy, wet, nasty week, and I found it equal to the task. It has its shortcomings — it's not an SUV for large families, and I wonder about an inconsistent feeling you get from Q5's steering — but it's also very enjoyable.

So, yeah, this is not the car for you if you're the Waltons, but... Read More