2014 Q5

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Very refined and smooth

by Diesel Enthusiast from Midwest on July 28, 2013

We looked at other SUV diesels and quit looking after driving the new Audi Q5 TDI. We found it to be very quiet inside and the steering to be very smooth and responsive..... especially on off ramps. We also looked at VW Touaregs. They were very nice but for us we did not need the towing capabilities or the extra weight. The fuel economy on the test drives clearly was better on the Audi and the overall performance seemed better too..... I think because of it just being lighter. We will be taking the Q5 out west this fall and are eager to see how she does on fuel mileage. The Q5 is a pleasure to drive and the diesel performance makes it even nicer!

Loving my new Audi Q5 in Huntingtown

by Brenda from on June 24, 2015

I absolutely love my Audi Q5! It's the nicest car I've ever owned. I went from a Honda Accord that I loved to this car. It handles really well on the side roads. I feel like I can zip up and down the windy roads with great ease. While I didn't want a full size SUV, I think this is the perfect size for me. I can easily get in and out of the car. I do have the navigation and back up camera which were important to me as well as the side assist which notifies you if a car may be in your blind spot and passing you. The technology is amazing, which I'm still learning. It does have Wi-Fi and there's a media system. I'm looking forward to driving this all wheel drive in the snow this winter, hoping I'll be able to drive with great ease. The car is very comfortable and has plenty of room in the back for luggage. It makes driving so much more enjoyable!!!

2014 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus

by Audi Fan from Exton, PA on March 9, 2014

This is my second Q5. My first Q5 was a 2.0T which was a great vehicle. My current Q5 is the 3.0 T premium plus. The engine has plenty of power and is very smooth. Fuel economy is not as good as the 2.0T, but not dramatically worse. The S-Line package is visually pleasing and finishes off the vehicle nicely. The NAV (MMI system)system is easy to use and the bang and olifsen stereo is truly awesome. The Q5 is a real trooper in the snow. If you are looking for the versatility of a CUV and a sports sedan Q5 is your fun to drive answer.

Suburban-Sportscar

by mtgrl from Washington DC Surbs on January 22, 2014

I was seeking the perfect vehicle that had all the upscale features (panoramic sunroof, rear-view camera, heats seats, fancy interior) that can seat 4-5 adults (tall) for road trips etc. I drive alot and my car is like my office. I prefer sports cars to SUVs. I test drove all the cars in the class (Lexus, Volvo, BWM X3/X1, Acura RDX etc). In the end, I bought this one (more bottom of the line version) as all those features add lots of cost. I like the exterior look of the BMW better but so the Q5 far exceeds all my expectations. Great ride, so smooth, sporty and quite. My husband says its drives its self its so effortless. My biggest problem is not speeding and being sure the engine is off. Its easy to park, fits people and stuff better than expected. Mileage is as advertised (so far only a month old) I'm loving the choice I'm glad that I didn't buy another BMW after all as the Audi dealers were a huge challenge to work with and so annoying that I almost gave up finding a low end version of the car. My advice skip most of those expensive options the base car has more than you think.

Audi Q% TDI

by TDI from Seattle on June 10, 2014

This car really grabs the road. I feel that I have more fun driving this than my Lexus RX350 (2011). Everything is well thought out in ways that it would take me an hour to explain. The diesel and car are very quiet and performance is exciting. Of course fit and finish are superb. John D

Great car for the long term

by sports car racer from North Carolina on January 26, 2014

Bought this model as my wife has arthritis problems getting in and out of her 2012 Mercedes E350. She drove the new Audi Q5 and was in no pain entering or exiting the car as the height was high enough. We bought the new TDI diesel model and bought it from a friend that has a dealership 460 miles away and received a 6% discount for being a Audi NA club member while othe delaers only offer maybe $500 discount! I flew to pick it up and drove it home the same day! She is so happy with her new car with all its features that were easy to learn and drives and rides like a car and not an SUV.

First Premium Car I've Owned

by Duke from Eau Claire, Wi on September 25, 2014

What a wonderful vehicle. This past weekend, we took our first roadtrip in the Q5. Solid, Quiet, and I was shocked at the mileage: We averaged 32.2mpg. It was hard to believe that it had a 4 cyclinder engine. Interior quality is excellent. Electronics take a while to get used to, but on-line tutorials are a good source of information.

Audi way

by abhisanbhatt from Delhi on February 28, 2015

It's a great car, compact, dynamic, nippy on the steering, easy and uncomplicated driving. Great car for Indian conditions zipping the great Tarmac as well handling the occasional bumps. Have taken the car out on long drive three times in last three months and each time we look forward to the next plan. The front and rear seating experience is super, the space in quite good in comparison to a few more SUVs in the same space and feels at ease with a baby of 2 years old. On the fly drive select is real fun (that's all for myself as I don't race on road). The engine really roars and responds to your call and wish to match it.exterior is elegant to put it simply. Great car and really happy experiencing it.

Very Pleased

by Mike from on November 16, 2014

Extremely nice car. Have beendriving for a while and no problems yet. No turbo lag at all iI love it. Great for having fun. Great in rain and snow

Q5's are known to Jolt - according to Audi Canada

by spooner on November 13, 2017

Purchase the Q5 after my husband owning several A4's. As soon as we got it home noticed that it jolts roughly forward each time you start it at the beginning of the day. After numerous visits to the dealership they replaced the transmission. Bring it home and it is still an issue. I was advised to report it to Audi Canada, they "investigated" and determined that this is a common thing with Q5's so I have to live with it. I find it hard to believe Audi would spend so much time and money on an issue when according to them it's very "normal"!

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5