Our Expert Review: 2015 Audi Q5

My First Audi

by from Minnesota, USA on January 1, 2016

I had been out of the car market for over a decade and took my time re-entering the market as I researched the cars. As I researched (reading and driving) I discovered new technology that went from 'no clue' to 'must have'. My list will be different from yours, so there is no point in listing those technologies here - the lesson is to take your time and learn. I've had my new Q5 for a couple of months now and taken it on two long cross-country trips. Things I love? Its comfort and surefootedness on the road are at the top of the list. It is more comfortable that its competitors (BMW X3, MB GLK) and the Quattro system showed its ability to handle inclement weather in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Also near the top of the list is the blind spot warning system. It is wonderful in highway traffic in keeping you and those around you safe. Things that I don't love so much? The MMI system requires more learning than is reasonable.. it's 'fiddly'. Changing a radio station really requires that you take your eyes off the road for a moment, and navigating the music stored on a SD card requires more than a moment. On the plus side, the B&O speaker system is fantastic. Over all, I give the Audi Q5 high marks. The problems with the MMI are similar to the problems most car makers have with high tech entertainment systems and the performance of the car easily dominates the small problems with radio station selection.

1000 miles on my New Q5 3.0 Supercharged

by from Glenview, Illinois on January 7, 2015

I can't wait until the engine is broken in. The 3.0 Supercharged seems very powerful (that's why I selected it). First class all the way. I'm very spoiled, and will probibly never learn all of the special features I'm finding when reading the Owners Manual. This Q5 replaces the 2003 Audi All Road twin turbo I loved but totaled in a rough crash. Very satisfied so far! Tom Funk, Glenview, Illinois

Everything I want in a car

by from San Antonio on September 9, 2015

I love my new car. It is everything I want in a car It has a superb safety record. Excellent assistance available from dealership to learn how to use all the new features. Good gas mileage Easy to maintain with the Audi care package

Great gas mileage

by from Alto, N.M. on October 12, 2014

Great value for dollars spent. I was seeking a SUV with above average fuel economy. I'm very pleased with gas mileage after first month of ownership. Comfort is excellent as in performance. My only complaint is electronic features aren't ergonomic to driver. The lack of a USB port without a seperate cable is inconvenient. Overall get vehicle.

Ready to fly!

by from Atlanta, Georgia on July 15, 2015

Bought a 2015 2.0T Premium Plus Q5 about a month ago. This car is the most fun/practical/luxury crossover you can buy. Even though Audi has not changed the Q5's design a lot over the years, it has a minimalistic elegance about it. It does not say "hey look at me" when you are driving it but at the same time looks beautiful. Interior is amazing. Feels like you are sitting in a cockpit (especially at night with the red backlights). The driving experience is amazing and I am finding any reason I get to take it out for a spin. Get this car if you like driving but also want a comfort smooth ride. As everyone has mentioned already, MMI takes a while to get used to and could be more user friendly. The car is too new to comment on it's reliability. Basically, if you are in the market for a luxury crossover SUV, give this baby a test drive!

wonderful vehicle

by from Las Vegas on October 13, 2015

I purchased the TDI. My 3rd TDI it is the only way to go. The vehicle drives so smooth. The tech package is a little outdated, I think they could have used touch screens.

Love my Q5

by from Santa Monica, CA on October 23, 2014

This is my first Audi, and my first SUV. I love it! It's beautiful, it's comfortable, it's fun, it's techy, it's safe. Thrilled with my new Q5!

Stay Away

by from Plano, TX on December 17, 2014

I bought a new Q5. The car is OK but the service is terrible. The dealership kept my car for 9 days for the 15K service and a minor issue. The dealership can not deliver an acceptable customer service. They would not even offer a loaner car instead. Stay away and buy a MB or LEXUS for same amount of money. AUDI should not sell this vehicle if they can not service it. After 15K miles, I regret buying this car.

The worst Back Pain ever

by from Murrieta CA on November 17, 2016

I love the style of the q5. I bought it brand new, style , speed the best. Paint is terrible. Peeled twice and scratches if you breathe hard. The seats have given me so much back pain in the last year and a half. I finally figured out that it is the car, not laundry, or weed pulling or the gym. When I drive a different car for a week the pain goes away. I feel like it is actually damaging my disc. To bad, I love the look and quickness but the paint is bad, my brakes squeaked horribly for 8 months until they finally came up with a fix. To much money and Audi has never once confirmed my complaints. I have told the dealers and the service dept and called the 800 number and noone has ever acknowledged my issues. Make sure you test drive it first. I have never test drove a car long enough to even think about comfort. I have had 10 cars and none of them hurt my back like this.

Great Look. Great Ride

by from St. Catharines on March 8, 2017

Overall a comfortable, responsive,great looking fun car to drive. The options are all well worth it.I look forward to taking it for a ride.

Similar Models