2015 Q5

2015 Audi Q5

2015 Audi Q5

Have you driven the 2015 Audi Q5?

My First Audi

by MinnesotaFats from Minnesota, USA on Fri Jan 01 2016

I had been out of the car market for over a decade and took my time re-entering the market as I researched the cars. As I researched (reading and driving) I discovered new technology that went from 'no clue' to 'must have'. My list will be different from yours, so there is no point in listing those technologies here - the lesson is to take your time and learn. I've had my new Q5 for a couple of months now and taken it on two long cross-country trips. Things I love? Its comfort and surefootedness on the road are at the top of the list. It is more comfortable that its competitors (BMW X3, MB GLK) and the Quattro system showed its ability to handle inclement weather in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Also near the top of the list is the blind spot warning system. It is wonderful in highway traffic in keeping you and those around you safe. Things that I don't love so much? The MMI system requires more learning than is reasonable.. it's 'fiddly'. Changing a radio station really requires that you take your eyes off the road for a moment, and navigating the music stored on a SD card requires more than a moment. On the plus side, the B&O speaker system is fantastic. Over all, I give the Audi Q5 high marks. The problems with the MMI are similar to the problems most car makers have with high tech entertainment systems and the performance of the car easily dominates the small problems with radio station selection.

1000 miles on my New Q5 3.0 Supercharged

by Porsche-Audi lover from Glenview, Illinois on Wed Jan 07 2015

I can't wait until the engine is broken in. The 3.0 Supercharged seems very powerful (that's why I selected it). First class all the way. I'm very spoiled, and will probibly never learn all of the special features I'm finding when reading the Owners Manual. This Q5 replaces the 2003 Audi All Road twin turbo I loved but totaled in a rough crash. Very satisfied so far! Tom Funk, Glenview, Illinois

Ready to fly!

by whatacar from Atlanta, Georgia on Wed Jul 15 2015

Bought a 2015 2.0T Premium Plus Q5 about a month ago. This car is the most fun/practical/luxury crossover you can buy. Even though Audi has not changed the Q5's design a lot over the years, it has a minimalistic elegance about it. It does not say "hey look at me" when you are driving it but at the same time looks beautiful. Interior is amazing. Feels like you are sitting in a cockpit (especially at night with the red backlights). The driving experience is amazing and I am finding any reason I get to take it out for a spin. Get this car if you like driving but also want a comfort smooth ride. As everyone has mentioned already, MMI takes a while to get used to and could be more user friendly. The car is too new to comment on it's reliability. Basically, if you are in the market for a luxury crossover SUV, give this baby a test drive!

Love my Q5

by LS from Santa Monica, CA on Thu Oct 23 2014

This is my first Audi, and my first SUV. I love it! It's beautiful, it's comfortable, it's fun, it's techy, it's safe. Thrilled with my new Q5!

Q5 is a great SUV

by AndyG from Los Angeles on Mon May 08 2017

I have driven my Q5 for almost 3 years and have been completely satisfied. Love the Quattro handling and appreciate the 3.0 engine. The Q5 is very comfortable without being stuffy.

Feels heavy and solid

by AllDnx from Houston, TX on Tue Apr 18 2017

The car does feel heavy and not that nimble, but on the plus side the suspension is very comfortable like a much larger car and it has a very solid feeling.

wonderful vehicle

by LoveMyAudi from Las Vegas on Tue Oct 13 2015

I purchased the TDI. My 3rd TDI it is the only way to go. The vehicle drives so smooth. The tech package is a little outdated, I think they could have used touch screens.

Great gas mileage

by Jimbo from Alto, N.M. on Sun Oct 12 2014

Great value for dollars spent. I was seeking a SUV with above average fuel economy. I'm very pleased with gas mileage after first month of ownership. Comfort is excellent as in performance. My only complaint is electronic features aren't ergonomic to driver. The lack of a USB port without a seperate cable is inconvenient. Overall get vehicle.

Everything I want in a car

by First time new car buyer from San Antonio on Wed Sep 09 2015

I love my new car. It is everything I want in a car It has a superb safety record. Excellent assistance available from dealership to learn how to use all the new features. Good gas mileage Easy to maintain with the Audi care package

Stay Away

by Harvey from Plano, TX on Wed Dec 17 2014

I bought a new Q5. The car is OK but the service is terrible. The dealership kept my car for 9 days for the 15K service and a minor issue. The dealership can not deliver an acceptable customer service. They would not even offer a loaner car instead. Stay away and buy a MB or LEXUS for same amount of money. AUDI should not sell this vehicle if they can not service it. After 15K miles, I regret buying this car.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2015 Audi Q5

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2014 about the 2014 Audi Q5. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2015, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Audi's Q5 moves into 2014 with a few upgrades to what was already a good all-around compact luxury SUV.

A luxury car can overcome shortcomings by offering a high level of comfort, amenities, materials and performance, but the Q5 is on the higher side of the price equation for what you get. You can compare the 2013 and 2014 versions here.

What you can get in 2014 is an all-new diesel variant called the Q5 TDI. It joins a pair of available gasoline engines, including a... Read More