2011 Q7

2011 Audi Q7

2011 Audi Q7

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Audi Q7?

Great car

by Morda from New Jersey on Tue Jan 21 2014

I had a 10 ML 350 diesel, 06 BMW x5 v8 and now have a Q7 s-line. Q7 is by far the best out of all of them. If you want a sloppy numb road feel go with MB ML. If you want precise steering but hard and uncomfortable ride go with X5. Audi is the medium with great road feel steering and a very nice ride even with 20' rims better than ML which was soft and sloppy but I felt every bump. I'm all about how the car feels and responds to the driver input on the road. Transmission is excellent fast shifting and predictable. Not like ml350 or e550 with I also had. There you never know when or how fast the transmission will react. Steering on the Q7 feels like my A6 even though the car is as heavy and as big as the GL450. It feels like a car not an suv. The interior feel and finish is superior over BMW or MB in my opinion. I would definitely recommend this car for people who are real enthusiast drivers but need to compromise for a bigger SUV to accommodate their growing families.

Q7 S-Line Prestige 333 HP

by Aggie88 from Houston, TX on Fri Jul 28 2017

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. Had Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, Acura. Hands down Audi has great on-road feedback for driver, room for 7 (3rd row is tight for adults) and one of the larger trunk spaces behind 3rd row for luxury SUV. Solid and reliable. I had the original Q7 and liked it so much I upgraded it when the Supercharged model came out.

Great for towing

by First time Audi owner from Columbus, OH on Thu Apr 28 2016

The Q7 is great for towing if you get the TDI (Diesel) engine and the towing package. We have a 25' Airstream and this car didn't even flinch when I hitched it up. Also, the transmission was improved starting with this model year. The third row seating is great, for a car this size (16' 8"), although you're probably not going to fit two adults back there due to the low sloping roof. The panoramic sunroof is awesome, and the automatic rear tailgate open and close is nice. I also like how small this car feels as you drive it. The Dodge Durango, which is very similar in size, feels like a truck to drive. Things that annoy me about this car: - Only 1 cup holder in the front (2 if you open a hatch) - You can't mute the backup alarm without losing the camera as well - The navigation system always defaults to "enter a destination" instead of the map - No separate back seat heat/AC control (at least not on my model) - No push-to-start (at least not on my model) - You have to use the remote to lock the doors; you can't just push the interior lock button then close your door - These cars are way more expensive than they should be... you're mostly paying for the name

Great car!

by yshi from Cypress tx on Wed May 09 2018

This car is just like my Q5, but has a little additional added room for more passengers, but not too much to feel like I am driving a bus. Love the style and comfort!

Uses car for Off-roading

So many bells and whistles!

by MariaT from Fargo, ND on Sun Jun 24 2018

This is the first ?luxury? vehicle I?ve owned. It has all the power you would need and great space and comfort. The only thing I would say is that it drives heavy, not very lumber and manuverable.

From Toyota to Audi

by Juan the Man from Chicago, IL on Mon Nov 15 2010

I was shopping for a 2011 Sienna. I have 2 little girls, a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, etc. So I figured I needed the space for more people and for long trips. Just when I was about to close a deal on a Sienna XLE, my wife said she preferred not to drive a van, I then ran into a Q7 picture, went to see it, test drove it, fell in love, and bought it. Now I'm stuck with a much more expensive car, that takes premium gas, with less space than a van, but... it looks and feels so good that nothing matters! The third row doesn't fit adults, but I can seat my girls there when adults want to ride with us. The car looks and feels sharp. I get compliments all day, every day. I traded in my 2007 Avalon for it and now I want to trade in my 2009 Corolla for an A4. I drove Toyotas all my life, but now it looks I will stick with Audi for a while. As a final note, I will add that I purchased the extended Audi Care program that includes all maintenance for 4 (or 5?) years. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Cons? Double the gas that my Avalon took and the MMI (sterero, navigation, etc system) is a little complicated. Pros? Can't wait to drop off and pick up my girls from daycare!

Didn't get my moneys worth

by Dissapointed from Dallas Texas on Sun Feb 06 2011

I have had my Q7 since October 2008 and I drive a lot of highway miles (over 100 per day). In October 2010 things started going wrong with the vehice and it was 2 years old, yes it had 60K miles on it but the things that were going wrong weren't from abuse or miles driven. The heater went out, the electric mirrors don't work, the phone sinc works about 1/2 the time, the cover over the back sunroof won't stay closed & I don't have kids that are playing with it. I've only had people in the back seat maybe 4 times. Last week the Nav went out and Audi has basically told me too bad. This is the first vehicle in years that I didn't buy an extended warranty, I've not used the others & I figured with a vehicle of this quality I wouldn't need it with this one. I was wrong. I don't know if I have a lemon or what but I am very disappointed in Audi's participation. These things shouldn't break in 2 years. I drive to work & back, I don't abused the vehicle so this is totally uncalled for. Still working to try and get Audi to participating in the repairs. Good luck, I loved it for 2 years.

Does not recommend this car!!

Amazed

by Awesome from 77407 on Fri Jan 17 2014

I am 41 years old. There are 6 people in our household. We are looking for a vehicle. Our choices are. MDX, HIGHLANDER, R350,GL450,X5,Q7. I am looking for Style, performance, and price in a vehicle. There are 4 adults and 2 kids. All 4 voted for Audi Q7.

My first car

by Beridze Nika from on Thu Sep 07 2017

i own this car about 4 years. it's very good car. rarely break something and i only change tires and oil on this vehicle.

Uses car for Off-roading

Beautiful car, worth the money!

by Matt from New York, NY on Wed May 03 2017

Drives like a sedan, the Quattro AWD is amazing in bad weather. Has all options, even a tow hitch, the two moon roofs are beautiful. No complaints.

Our Take on the 2011 Audi Q7

Snowstorms are what we live for at the Globe. Our metro staff gets to ask travelers trapped at Logan Airport how their day is going. Our photographers snap people falling on ice, and if there's a Pats game, the sports writers watch it from heated, refreshment-filled box seats.

Over in the automotive section, we're out with the plows, trying to sort the wannabe winter cars and trucks (any Jaguar or unladen pickup) from the truly great ones (hint: they're not just Subarus).

My storm trooper during the day-after-Christmas blizzard was Audi's seven-passenger Q7, equipped in TDI trim with its 3.0-liter turbodiesel V-6. Ordinarily, it's a delightful car to slog through snow.

The quattro all-wheel-drive, paired... Read More