2008 RS 4

2008 Audi RS 4

2008 Audi RS 4

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2008 Audi RS 4?

fun car

by ExcessPhase from San Jose, CA on Tue Sep 01 2009

I like the traction -- spinning wheels don't happen with this car -- even when it rains. I only lose traction, when starting and making a turn. It seems that the 3 differential locks work great. I like the stability of the car -- I tend to drive faster with this car, since it is so stable. Braking is very secure and stable. Driving turns is very secure and stable. I like the engine sound at full throttle, especially with the S-button pressed (the S-Button changes the exhaust system and some other things). I like the engine sound at high RPM -- the engine sounds willing. I tend to drive at higher RPM because of it -- 5000RPM happen quite often -- the engine can go to 8000RPM. I like the automatic air-condition -- keeps the temperature at the selected value. On the track one can drive faster through turns than rear-wheel-drive cars because of the Quattro-all-wheel-drive. I like the parking automatic which helps you to drive in reverse gear and beeps when you're getting closer to something -- the frequency of the beep changes as you get closer. And I like the acceleration. It is so easy to leave everybody behind you if nobody is hogging the left lane. Torque is plenty -- no need to downshift when passing. I got some passengers to scream because of the acceleration. They told me it is like in a rollercoaster. The windshield wipers start and stop automatically when it starts or stops to rain. The sound system takes SD memory cards -- I copied nearly all my CDs on a 4GB memory card. The front light is incredible -- in the dark you see much more than in a car with normal lights. I only disliked the Americanized red rear blinkers -- I changed this by ordering a set from Europe.

Most fun car to drive

by celticsarethebestinthe WORLD! from Boston, MA on Thu Jun 19 2008

Car is perfect for the northeast, all wheel drive 420 hp... it bombs. handles amazing, suspension is nice and tight, corners are a breaze. small backseat is a tiny though, not like porsche but still its definitely more of a 2 person car. when you red line this car it's one of the best sounds in the world. you will never regret buying it just make sure you get the biggest warenntee audi offers because i've had to bring it in a few times. but that was the 2007. overall reliability isnt that much of an issue.

Best Performance drive ever

by Ffkashani from New York on Mon Feb 13 2012

I have driven a lot of sports cars and I have to say that the Audi RS4 beats all of them. It handles much better than BMW M3 and M5 both. The stability of this car is incredible if you have the guts to take it around the corner at 60 mph!! If you can hold and control it, it will remain on train tracks. Make sure your tires are in good shape though. to me it beats Porche 911 4S for a few reasons. One I find the ride more comfortable when you are just cruising and are not looking for that high performance. Two I am a family man and having a performance sedan is much more important than a car that fits my golf bag into it while I am going to play with my sons make more sense. Cheers and enjoy the ride.

brute power and technical supremacy

by wimmyjully from Houston on Tue Oct 25 2011

I challenge any right thinking car nut to drive 100 miles in this car and not fall in love with the engine, the poise and the sheer 'rightness' of the whole package. not many toys in the cabin, but with the top down, the 'S' button pushed and that engine, there is very little that competes.

The supreme drive

by Talkingdog from Austin, TX on Mon Jun 27 2011

I have owned two Porsche 911's, four BMWs including a 1974 2002, three Mercedes Benz, a Mini w JCW kit-- all memorable performance cars, all manual transmission, I can feel them all in some way. None of those cars matched the performance of the RS4. The Mini came close, but overall nothing else was in the same performance league. I care how my car looks, but more than that I care how it sounds and feels. By those criteria, this is the car of a lifetime. Seriously.

Best Car I'veever owned!

by HR from Los Angeles on Sat Sep 16 2017

The AUDI RS4 is 420 Horsepower! It's Very Fast, Agile, with a race car suspension. It corners extremely well and All Wheel Drive provides Excellent handling capabilities! My All Time Favorite Car!!!

Best performing daily driver ever!

by NSXE on Tue May 22 2018

Great car overall. Super fun to drive, reliable, very solid build quality. German engineering at it's best. This car really is a sleeper. No one but the educated know how fast it really is. No turbo, but wind it out in each gear and it will pull hard all the way to redline (8000 RPM!).

Supercar

by jnabeel from Chicago on Tue Feb 06 2018

Probably the best vehicle I have ever owned. Perfect example of German engineering. Great power, handling, and the last of the manual transmissions.

Almost perfect

by Chaos on Mon Mar 05 2018

I’ve owed my fair share of cars in the past. BMW M-series to Porsche’s. My first Audi and this car drives awesome fast and drives awesome slow. Perfect balance!

Car is amazing truly fast and handles unbelievable

by RS4ME from danbury on Sun Oct 08 2017

Best car i have ever owned i race motorcycles for 16 years it was my get away This car is my get away now really relaxes me serious adrenaline rush RS 4 true race car for the street

Our Take on the 2008 Audi RS 4

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2007 about the 2007 Audi RS 4. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

It's easy to get caught up in performance specs when considering a car like the RS 4 — they're pretty impressive, after all. So forget all the numbers for a moment. There's an easier way to determine how successful a performance car is at its mission: Does it put a grin on your face? For this car, the answer is an enthusiastic "yes."

The fact that I was able to review the RS 4 at all is a testament to the sport sedan's durability. Earlier this month, my test... Read More