2011 S4

2011 Audi S4

2011 Audi S4

Have you driven the 2011 Audi S4?

What I think of the new S4

by John J from San Diego on Tue Nov 02 2010

I tested every car out there and narrowed it down to the MB C class, BMW 335i or M 3, and the Audi S4. The MB is nice but does not have the detail and performance of the others. The M is amazingly fast. The 35i is twin turbos, which do best at over 60. This made the Audi S4 stand out as it is Supercharged and does amazing in the normal driving ranges of 0 to 70+. At these speeds, the 335i seemed weak. In addition, it has no back up camera. The M3 is superior in speed but for me, not for $14000 more. The features and detail on the S4 is amazing. Check out the NAV, the music features, the phone connection, the trick backup camera with yellow lines, the amazing tranny, and the speed !!! it is adicting. I love the traffic data given by the Sirus radio. If you want a sedan at a reasonable price with ALL the extras and 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds + great handling and lots of fun, GET THIS S4.

Enthusiasts Daily Driver

by carnuts3 from Connecticut on Tue Mar 22 2011

At lease end, I needed to find a new car to replace my '08 BMW 5 series that I loved. I test drove the new BMW 5 series - too big; BMW 3 series- too small; MB E550 - not sporty enough; Jag XF - very sporty and fun to drive but concerned about reliability. Then I test drove the S4 and I was hooked. It was everything I was looking for in a sports sedan - perfect size - not too big or small; a nitch auto with limited production; superb styling with high-end build quality (love the soft nappa leather); excellent features and technology; great handling; quiet and comfortable to drive; top notch engine and drive train; gobs of power with excellent gas mileage. The S4 is a very special car and is for the enthusiast who wants the perfect daily driver. Those who are looking for a high charging super-powerful "track" car on steroids should go test drive the BMW M3 or the MB C63 AMG. However, if you are looking for a powerful yet practical and refined high-end sport sedan for your daily driver, the S4 will not disappoint.

Love this car!!!

by Purplevet from Queens, NY on Wed Jan 26 2011

There isn't much negative to say about this car. The main reason I decided to get it is the speed and handling. This car is fast!! Not too mention it is a beauty inside and out. Although the overall performance is great, my only issue is the tires. What you gain in one area is sacrificed in another because the tires are performance tires but are really sensitive to any potholes. I've already had to buy a new tire after having the car for three weeks. So this is the only reason for the 4 star in reliability because the car will get you there fast but you may bust a few tires on the way. Get the tire protection plan.

Near perfection in a Sports/Luxury sedan...

by Zman from Chicago area on Wed Apr 13 2011

This car must truly be driven to be appreciated. Audi is SO good at all the little details - the overall refinement and cohesiveness of their cars is what sets Audi apart. The S4 accelerates hard, with the supercharged 3 liter V-6 providing serious low and mid-range torque. The handling and ride are perfectly judged for this class of car. The ride is firm, but never punishing, and the handling is hard to believe for a car that rides so well. My car is equipped with the "Prestige" package, which includes lots of stuff (B&O audio with a hard-drive-based jukebox, memory seating, Navigation, backup camera, etc.), but the most important feature is "Audi Drive Select with sports rear differential". The sports rear diff is is a torque-vectoring system that literally helps turn the car into a corner, all but eliminating traditional quattro understeer. ADS also includes magneto-rheological shocks, allowing the driver to tailor the ride to his/her liking, plus individual adjustment of the steering response, sports-diff response, and throttle response. In other words, you can tailor the car's responses to your preferences. It's amazing, and in my opinion well worth the price of admission. For me, though, perhaps the best part about the car is its "stealth factor". Few people know of the car's performance potential, which is perfect when you want to make time on the road. ;-) If you're in the market for a performance car, and can swing the price of entry, you owe it to yourself to drive an S4. You won't be disappointed.

S4 Is Serious Band for Your Buck

by NewAudiFan from Ohio on Sun May 01 2011

The 2011 is the first German car I've owned, so I can't give any driving comparisons to the 3-series. However, I think the exterior and interior styling blows the 3-series away. The interior, as has been written about multiple times, is one of the best out there period. I definitely recommend Black Alcantara (feels great in summer and winter, is rarely seen in other cars, looks AWESOME with the carbon fiber inlays, and holds you in place better than all-leather seats in the corners). I wanted the manual, but my wife doesn't know how to drive stick. I was bitter until I test drove the S-tronic with paddle shifters. It shifts faster than I can shift a manual trans, that's for sure. You feel like a race car driver in this thing. 0-60 in 4.9 matches a Porsche Cayman S, but this thing will hold the kids carseats and will excel in the snow (once I get the winter tires). Nav is crucial for the MMI features for iPhone, etc. Also, don't leave Sports Differential off your options list. Audi Drive Select, in my opinion, is only for those who plan to take the car to the track or have money to burn.

Best performance sedan for the money.

by Ivan from New York, NY on Sun Nov 13 2011

For $50K, I don't believe that there is a better performance sedan anywhere on the planet. Sure, for another $10-25K, you could find a faster car like the M3 or the CTS-V but at this price point, nothing else has the same level of comfort, performance and all weather capability. This is my 2nd S4, the previous one a 2001. No regrets whatsoever about upgrading to a 2011.

Best Car I have owned to this date

by starboy from Baltimore, MD on Fri Aug 05 2011

After only a few weeks, I realized the difference between German engineering versus Japanese. Previously, I have owned a 350z, g35, and g37 coupes. Now, I am completely sold on Audi. The handling, control and feel is second to none. Acceleration is impressive, and the clutch is smooth and well-built. Will recommend this vehicle to anybody.

I love My S4

by Redlight Challenge from Austin, TX on Tue Aug 30 2011

After driving a big ole SUV, it took me a while to adjust to thinking of driving a sedan. I researched this car like there was no tomorrow. It took me a year to be absolutely convinced that this was the car for me. Shes been mine for 6 mos now, and I absolutely made the right decision. :o)

The perfect balance of luxury and performance

by Jason from Kansas City on Fri Jun 06 2014

As the title states, I think that the S4 is the perfect balance of luxury and performance, all for $50k. This sleeper of a speed demon has so much power (333 hp and 325 tq) any time you hit the gas, and the AWD to keep the tires on the road, that it is exciting every time you sit in the driver's seat, without the flashiness of many muscle cars or tuners. For those who are looking to purchase one, the Rear Sports Differential is a must (Google it if you're unsure). A relatively inexpensive add-on, but totally worth it, and unavailable as an aftermarket piece.

Yellow Audi S4

by jedelen from Southeastern South Dakota on Tue Apr 29 2014

This is a stop-gap yellow car between a Racing Yellow 2003 Monte Carlo and a 2015 A5 Audi Cabriolet convertible (I wrecked my wife's Monte on ice this winter and we had been talking about getting a convertible next car purchase). This is the first luxury car we have ever owned, and certainly the first really high-performance car. The car was spotless when it came to us from an Audi dealer as a certified pre-owned. The interior controls were a little hard getting used to, but then all the reviews I had read about Audi said they would be. The responsiveness to the gas pedal is unbelievable (I think it is rated at 0-60 in 4.8 seconds) and the car handles very well. One of its selling points to me in South Dakota with our snow and my recent experience on ice with the Monte was the 4-wheel-drive Quatro. It is a pleasure to drive. I was also reluctant to get a car with the sporty, low profile tires because of the lack of comfort compared to what I call "normal" tires. But, I have been pleasantly surprised in not noticing anything that is unpleasant or exceedingly rough. The quality of everything we have experienced so far is excellent (only 3,000 miles at this writing). It does require premium fuel, and to a conservative that was a difficult adjustment. Overall it has intensified our anticipation of our new Audi convertible.l

1 2 3