2012 Audi S4 Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2012 Audi S 4
4.4
Average based on 5 reviews

one of my all time favorites

by from suburban minneapolis, mn on January 22, 2012

My 2012 S4 has about 4000miles. I love this car. It is the (factory hot rod) I always want to buy. Very fast, precise stearing great handling even with the michelin pilot alpine snow tires. mileage getting better. getting low to mid 20's in the cold of winter. Love the double clutch "automatic".

Awesome S4

by from San Ramon on June 29, 2012

Having owned a BMW and a Corvette in the past I was a bit concerned when I got my S4. Ever since that first drive from the dealership my lingering doubts have been put to rest. Absolutely love its handling on the curves. My little fellow dubs it our race car. Simple fantastic !

Amazing Vehicle

by from Manassas, VA / Arlington, VA on October 5, 2012

This is my 3rd Audi S4, and I must say, by far the best for many reasons other than the obvious. First, this 3.0L V6 is noticeably more responsive than my previous 4.2L V8. Also, waay less thirsty. During initial break in period, I very rarely saw gas mileage above 20-21mpg but, once the 5,000 mile COMPLIMENTARY service was completed, I immediately noticed a huge increase on highway miles, which I currently average around 28-29mpg. I commute daily in the Washington DC/NOVA area and, even in the stop-n-go traffic, I still manage to get above 22-23mpg. The cars is all around, extremely well built and it shows. The interior is definitely as beautiful and modern. Audi's Multimedia Interface (MMI) took some getting used to but, now it is very simple to operate. Voice recognition, even at highway speeds and the windows down works about 98% of the time. I purchased the vehicle with the Sports Differential package, which adjusts the Center Diff torque split, it has 4 settings; Comfort (lighter throttle response, full assist in steering, 50/50 center diff split), Auto (self explanitory), Dynamic (noticeably quicker throttle response, very little steering assist, more power to rear wheels) and Individual (you can set the steering assist, power split, and throttle response individually). Needless to say, I often press the start/stop button, and immediately change it to Dynamic once the vehicle is at normal operating temp. Things I do not like but, are FAR from deal breakers for me; No oil temp gauge, the seats are almost "too" sporty and tend to be a bit uncomfortable for long road trips, No oil dip stick (oil level is checked via the MMI), my biggest issue would be the Navigation and its horrible traffic recognition (cleared up for MY 13+ as Audi is now using google maps).

2012 Audi S4 impresses

by from Northern Italy on October 30, 2011

I've only had the car for about 10 days - it's US Spec, but I'm driving it in Italy. No wind noise until 130kph (83mph). Sounds system is awesome and the car drives beautifully. On the down side, I've yet to get over 20mpg - even when I drive conservatively. Additionally, Audi continues to refuse to accomodate service members overseas by allowing a conversation to European maps - thus my NAV system doesn't work. Lastly, the back up camera is either not installed (apparently it is a dealer install item... and again, must be in the States) or not activated. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

No good

by from Wellesley,MA on November 28, 2011

Hi, I lease 2012 S4 Audi. is bad, consume oil and is only 4500 milles, transmition jerk, gas milles very bad