2012 S4

2012 Audi S4

2012 Audi S4

Have You Driven the 2012 Audi S4?

one of my all time favorites

by old guy have owned many interesting cars. from suburban minneapolis, mn on Sun Jan 22 2012

My 2012 S4 has about 4000miles. I love this car. It is the (factory hot rod) I always want to buy. Very fast, precise stearing great handling even with the michelin pilot alpine snow tires. mileage getting better. getting low to mid 20's in the cold of winter. Love the double clutch "automatic".

Awesome S4

by S4 Fan from San Ramon on Fri Jun 29 2012

Having owned a BMW and a Corvette in the past I was a bit concerned when I got my S4. Ever since that first drive from the dealership my lingering doubts have been put to rest. Absolutely love its handling on the curves. My little fellow dubs it our race car. Simple fantastic !

Test Drove the 2012, Bought the 2013

by Anmiwo9 from Farmington Hills, MI on Fri Dec 15 2017

I was looking for a luxury sedan with some performance. I was considering the Cadillac ATS, Volvo S60 T6, the S4, and a few others. The first car I test drove was a 2012 S4 and I new that it was the car I had to have. I found a 2013 a week later with 60,000 miles and made my purchase about a month ago. So far I love it. The car has all the power I need and is surprisingly comfortable over bumps considering how flat it corners. It has handled its first Michigan snow storm admirably. The 2012 is good but I would definitely suggest going for 2013 or newer. The small styling updates, added features, and much improved transmission easily make up for the extra cost.

Best all around car

by Tino, PharmD on Sun Nov 12 2017

I have owned a 2012 S4 for 3 years now. The performance of this vehicle with gas mileage is amazing. It is a little small inside, but more than makes up for it when you drive it. It accelarates, stops and handles better than any BMW I’ve owned. Comfortable on long rides and the Quattro is awesome in the snow! Overall an amazing car just be ready to spend money on maintenance once out of warranty.

Amazing Vehicle

by Cliff from Manassas, VA / Arlington, VA on Fri Oct 05 2012

This is my 3rd Audi S4, and I must say, by far the best for many reasons other than the obvious. First, this 3.0L V6 is noticeably more responsive than my previous 4.2L V8. Also, waay less thirsty. During initial break in period, I very rarely saw gas mileage above 20-21mpg but, once the 5,000 mile COMPLIMENTARY service was completed, I immediately noticed a huge increase on highway miles, which I currently average around 28-29mpg. I commute daily in the Washington DC/NOVA area and, even in the stop-n-go traffic, I still manage to get above 22-23mpg. The cars is all around, extremely well built and it shows. The interior is definitely as beautiful and modern. Audi's Multimedia Interface (MMI) took some getting used to but, now it is very simple to operate. Voice recognition, even at highway speeds and the windows down works about 98% of the time. I purchased the vehicle with the Sports Differential package, which adjusts the Center Diff torque split, it has 4 settings; Comfort (lighter throttle response, full assist in steering, 50/50 center diff split), Auto (self explanitory), Dynamic (noticeably quicker throttle response, very little steering assist, more power to rear wheels) and Individual (you can set the steering assist, power split, and throttle response individually). Needless to say, I often press the start/stop button, and immediately change it to Dynamic once the vehicle is at normal operating temp. Things I do not like but, are FAR from deal breakers for me; No oil temp gauge, the seats are almost "too" sporty and tend to be a bit uncomfortable for long road trips, No oil dip stick (oil level is checked via the MMI), my biggest issue would be the Navigation and its horrible traffic recognition (cleared up for MY 13+ as Audi is now using google maps).

Fast and Fun to Drive!

by kyleg25 from iowa on Sun Sep 10 2017

Love the car, have even added a tune and smaller pulley making is faster then from factory, and pulls nice and hard. can get expensive while owning though it is an audi lol i have had problems with the radio/mmi unit but have been fixed. also if adding power you will need a new clutch or a tune for the automatic and the pump tends to go out in the automatics.

Grip it and rip it.

by Daywalker from Gainesville, Florida on Wed Sep 27 2017

The power exerted through this car's AWD system gives it phenomenal acceleration, yet it's easy to drive in the sense that the AWD seems to always grip and there is very little drama. Be sure to look for the optional sport differential that gives it a bit more of the RWD feel and less understeer. Ride is taut and somewhat harsh as you would expect in a performance car, but not as harsh as an M3 for example. The well-bolstered seats hold you in tight and are really comfortable, but probably not great for heavyset drivers or passengers. Interior is intuitive and pleasant with a surprisingly decent amount of backseat legroom. Tires are expensive and wear out within about 15000 miles in my experience (Continental DW). Other than that my S4 was mechanically rock solid. I added an intake (Roc Euro) to gain some power and so that I could hear the supercharger. That's one complaint I had, when stock this car is extremely quiet from inside and for a performance sedan I would like to hear it more. I considered an exhaust but for me it was not worth the expense. I also considered tuning but to be honest, this car (stock) was plenty quick enough for any situation I was in. Compared to a 335i, the S4 feels a lot more "special."

2012 Audi S4 impresses

by Paolo from Northern Italy on Sun Oct 30 2011

I've only had the car for about 10 days - it's US Spec, but I'm driving it in Italy. No wind noise until 130kph (83mph). Sounds system is awesome and the car drives beautifully. On the down side, I've yet to get over 20mpg - even when I drive conservatively. Additionally, Audi continues to refuse to accomodate service members overseas by allowing a conversation to European maps - thus my NAV system doesn't work. Lastly, the back up camera is either not installed (apparently it is a dealer install item... and again, must be in the States) or not activated. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

No good

by cubanbaba550 from Wellesley,MA on Mon Nov 28 2011

Hi, I lease 2012 S4 Audi. is bad, consume oil and is only 4500 milles, transmition jerk, gas milles very bad

Does not recommend this car!!

Nice car

by Emmett18 on Fri Sep 08 2017

The car was nice, drive really well, but I need a 6speed. Sales person was great and not pushy at all

1 2