2012 S5

2012 Audi S5

2012 Audi S5

Have You Driven the 2012 Audi S5?

Most amazing car on the road today

by JCMAUDI4494 from on Thu Jul 28 2011

The Audi S5 is the sports coupe to have on the road today between the LED running lights and the drive select also the more then heavenly V8 and then there's the intuitive MMI system along with the rapid responsive rear backup camera and lets not forget the bang and olfsen sound system.The most convenient feature has to be the blind spot monitoring system.If your considering this car stop what your doing and call your nearest audi dealership and say gimme an S5 now!!! I love it and will be keeping this car for a very long time :D

Beautiful car inside and out

by S5 V8 from on Sat May 06 2017

Owned for a year now and I still look forward to the drive every time I get in my S5. It's beautiful from every angle on both the inside and out. I had friends think I was lying about the year since it is such a timeless design.

Performance, sexy, comfort

by Rommel from Kansas City on Tue Dec 13 2011

I have wanted to leave the world of 4 door sedans for years, but couldn't find the right car. The S5 gives me the ride, performance and looks I wanted all while giving me the ability to haul 4 people and all-wheel drive. It's the perfect sports car. The S5 rides better than the sedan I had and far out performs it.

Transmission problems

by jnelson6103 from Chicago on Sun Aug 12 2018

I love this car. I owned (2) 2012 Prestige S5 convertibles (shame on me) with transmission problems on both of them. (I am 65 and not an aggressive driver) when I was told that the 2nd Transmission repair would be $6,500.00 to repair by Audi (they would warranty repair not complete transmission) I said goodbye Audi

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car and fun to drive

by Henry from Peoria, IL on Tue Jan 09 2018

I bought my Audi S5 used and loved every minute of driving it. The V-8 sounded and felt great every time I push the throttle. I decided I needed a car that could handle more people, so traded up to an Audi S7. I love the S7 as well.

Sporty and fun to drive

by talasc2001 from Seabrook NH on Mon Jun 04 2018

I had been looking for a used convertible for some time and when this car came along I instantly fell in love. Have driven it every day and it loves to be topless.

Still a stunning car that is 5 years old!

by AML on Tue Sep 05 2017

I look forward to driving my S5 everyday still and bought it over a year ago! Its design is still stunning to this day. The performance of the V8 leaves a bit to be desired, there is not much that you can do short of supercharging it. The B&O speakers are incredible, and riding around is wonderful. I did have the thermostat go out at ~25k miles which is a common issue for this engine. That set me back $600.

S5 makes me smile

by S5 Cabriolet smiles from Fort called Worth on Sat Mar 10 2012

I'm 6'6" and looked at BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, VW, & Lexus, and ONLY the Audi S5 Cabriolet allows me to sit straight up, hands on wheel at correct position, and see out the windshield without tilting my head or scrunching down in the seat. AND it's comfortable. The rear seats are usable and comfortable for those 6'0" or less. Soft top is double lined and car is quiet. The V-6 purrs with power, and Audi drive select gives me 4 cars in one as to steering, gearing, differential, and suspension. The quattro WORKS, and the car romps thru curves. Add to this: it is simply gorgeous. I've had people come up to tell me how NICE this car looks, and how great I look just driving it. I'm getting 26mpg in mixed driving, and 30mpg on the highway. The A5 is just as stylish, with better mpg and reasonable oopmph with the 2.0 liter turbo charged 4 cylinder, but WOW, this 333 hp supercharged V-6 MOVES along with linear acceleration like a jet engine! It makes me smile.

Can't Stop Smiling!

by RAUDI from Atlanta, Georgia on Thu Jul 02 2015

This is my 5th Audi and I will state up front that I am VERY Biased to the brand. But that's for a reason! I grew up in Minnesota and the Quattro All Wheel drive was a necessity for winter driving there. I highly modify my cars and tend to keep them for at least 5 years. Though getting a little long in the tooth, the design of the A5/S5 is one of the more beautiful car renderings in the last 10 years. Gorgeous lines and interior design make this a highly desirable car. Though I have only had this for a little over a week it has been everything I imagined it would be! Good performance (Not great but good) great handling and a manual 6 speed to play with. The gas mileage is somewhat disappointing compared to the 2004 Audi TT 3.2 that I was driving, but that is to be expected. I went for the 2012 because that is the last year for the 4.2 liter V8. As stated I Highly Modify my vehicles and this one will be no exception. I intend to run in this falls Silver State Classic and will be installing a Stage 3 Supercharger, Water-Meth Injection, High Flow Cats and a full Ground Effects Body Kit from Germany. Looking for 650 HP at the crank when done. The Bang & Olufson stereo is, in a word, INCREDIBLE. The sound is better than any Audi BOSE system I have ever had. The Cars controls do take a little getting used to and some of them should not be attempted while driving. The NAV system is one of these. It takes a great deal of attention to enter information into it and this simply can't be done while driving. As with any car there are compromises that are made and this is one of them. The NAV does work very well once you've entered all info, but as stated its not perfect. The clutch on the car is great, has an excellent engagement point and the shifts are smooth. Visibility out of the car is better than average and the stock 354 HP V* just puurrrrrss! A 7,500 RPM Red Line lets you really use all of the power and the torque is available down low where you need it. 100 MPH has happened by accident a couple of times already and I have to say that you just do not feel how fast the car is going. It is so stable and controllable that its easy to go quicker than you should. The Spots Rear Differential is, in my opinion, a MANDATORY Option for these cars. Audi's are front heavy and can push in the corners and the SRD helps to make the car rotate better through the turns. The seats are just sooo comfortable compared to the TT and seem to be almost infinitely adjustable. I stated that I am biased, so take it for what it's worth but this is the best car I have owned and I highly recommend it for anyone that does not need 4 doors to seat 5 people and likes to really drive! The Doctors say it may require surgery to get the smile off of my face. :)

Head Turner

by Jack from Orlando, Florida on Mon Aug 29 2011

We have owned our 2012 S5 for a single month and we are being stopped by everyone --- nice ride... The purr of the engine the outside-inside looks are the best. We evaluated the competition from BMW/Volvo/Mercedees/Porche and decided the S5 was the one. Engine - 8 cyl All wheel drive Interior leather Muscle Car outside looks B&O Sound Check this car out if your in the market for a head turner..

1 2