2008 TT

2008 Audi TT

2008 Audi TT

Have You Driven the 2008 Audi TT?

LOVE MY TT!

by samwv from West Virginia on Thu Jun 17 2010

This car is HOT! I love the way it handles especially at high speeds in curves..It gets lots of stares and preforms like a beast. My car is an everyday car, i got stuck in one of the worst snow storms we have ever had this past winter the snow came fast! I left work at 4:00 i made it home after 8pm, i live 14 miles from my job, cars, trucks, vans were stuck everywhere my TT never once failed me though i was scared to death afterall this my my first time ever driving this car in the snow it took me right to my front door! The only down fall that ive had so far is that i hit a pot hole and not at high speed but my tire busted and thet are expensive to replace also no one in my area had one so i had to have them order one and was without my car for a week.

Fun Car

by BPT from long Beach, ca on Mon Sep 13 2010

I Leased a 2008 2.0 Coupe with almost every option: auto, upgraded leather, bi-xenon lights, navigation, except the upgraded wheel option because it increased road noise and i didn't want the added cost of run flat tires. One issue is that it doesn't come with a spare as a result. Also i had major transmission issues within the first 1 year- the dealer took 7 days to fix this. Despite the fix, the clutch has a delay to engage when going from R to 1st or 1st from park. Other than this it has been a good car, and i think the best part is the interior and the sports car look, it always gets me VIP valet parking. The performance is ok, i miss a manual though and wish i would have chose that route to save all the trouble with the auto trans.

Does not recommend this car!!

Third TT's a charm

by Punjabi from NY on Thu Aug 26 2010

After owning a Mk1 then a Mk2 TT coupe we now have a 2008 TT roadster, 3.2 with DSG gear box. The car is very exciting to drive and looks stunning with the roof down with the black paint shimmering in the sun. Cornering and overall road grip are stellar, and it is always a head turner. There is however an ongoing issue with the DSG box, which Audi say they have been working on a technical fix for near a year now with no sign of that fix coming.

2008 Audi TT 3.2 Coupe Quattro

by Janet G from Chester, NH on Tue Mar 01 2011

I love this car. We bought it at an Audi dealer as Certied Pre-Owned. We felt we got a good deal and were treated very well by the dealer. The car is a 2008 Coupe 3.2 Quattro with the manual transmission. The car is smooth and very peppy. We live in New Hampshire and like other Audi's we have owned, it is like driving a train on railroad tracks through all kinds of weather. The car provides a surprising amount of interior room for such a small car. The coupe provides a fair amount of storage with the rear seats down, enough space for a weeks worth of groceries. Other coupes we lookeed at such as the Nissan 370Z did not have anywhere near the amount of room that this car provides. Two minor complaints. I am a small woman. With the seat in my position, it is hard for me to reach back and grab the seatbelt to put it on and the coffee cup holder is in an awkward position. My husband is 6 foot and has no problem with these issues that I have and finds the car very comfortable. I average about 24 mpg with combined driving. The car is loaded with all of the features except the backup warning. All of the features are easy to use and very intuitive. We plan on buying another TT when it's time to replace this one.

Totally Impractical but Awesome

by spiff from Chicago on Mon Nov 24 2008

Initially I thought of purchasing the first generation of the TT because I really do like it's design, and I really didn't think the Mark-2 TT was as cool- at least not in the pictures, until I went to see one in person. Wow! Putting the two together really does make the Mark-1 TT look outdated. The Mark-2 is simply gorgeous. The 2.0L Turbocharged engine is peppy and lunges you quickly ahead of the other traffic. The car also feels really light. I feel like I'm flying an A-Wing rather than driving a car. I have not seen a single Mark-2 TT on the road in Chicago, so it really turns a lot of heads. I can't wait to drive this around next summer. I am giving reliability a 3 because I haven't had it long enough to be able to judge.

Great car for fun and comfort

by middle aged from North Georgia on Fri Dec 14 2012

I bought this car after driving a diesel Beetle- which was a great car- and I feel like I've gone from the lawn mower to the luxury car! We test drove the Mazda Miata before deciding, and this Audi is far and above the Mazda. Much more roomy, smoother driving, and more up-scale all around. We found a TT with low miles and well cared for, and a fair price. The only thing I wish it had was a manual transmission- couldn't find one. But the tectonics on the wheel is nice. Stereo system is great. Very comfortable seats, easy to operate all the dials, easy convertible operation,... I cant say enough. Love the car!!

Best purchase

by mommydixon06 from Texas on Fri Jun 08 2012

Audi as a whole is one of the best purchases someone can make. Although high priced you pay for what you get! Great customer service, reliable, safe, comfort beyond any other brand.. I will never purchase from any other dealer.

Awsome Audi

by Mitchi from Chicago, IL on Sat Jan 26 2013

I found my Audi on Cars.com. I love it! It's everything I imagined the car would be. Performance, reliability, color selection, and gas mileage. I'm a happy camper! Thanks to Cars.com. I found my vehicle while sitting on my couch watching tv and surfing the cars.com inventory. :-)

Very expensive car to own with higher mileage

by DevynW from Byron, Il on Thu Apr 12 2018

I bought this car (all-wheel drive, 3.2 v6, dsg/dual clutch transmission) with 104,000 miles on it with all service records on the car fax. I drove it for 19,000 miles being very meticulous about oil changes and not riding it hard, when all of a sudden my transmission stopped working, car was stuck in drive no matter where the shifter was placed. After consulting a dealership about it they said it's a common issue for the Mechatronic unit within the transmission to fail rather prematurely which wouldn't be an issue if it was reasonable to repair but the unit itself was $1800 and over $2000 in labor if that is the only issue found which usually the gearbox needs to be replaced at the same time, and that's the price I got no matter what shop I contacted about it. Doing some research I learned that this unit actually has a tendency to fail a lot sooner than the mileage I had it at. With it being such a common and large scale issue i would have assumed Audi would have done something about it, but no. Fun car while it lasted, but definitely not worth that.

Does not recommend this car!!

Good value for money

by Manual changer from Chicago, Ill on Fri Sep 12 2014

I bought this car with very low mileage and had to replace the awful run flat tires which were shot despite the low mileage. Engine is great and amenities good but manual gearbox/ clutch is quite notchy and detracts from the overall experience. Quality components and value for money made me happy but dealer prep could have been better.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2008 Audi TT

For 2008, Audi has redesigned a car that was nothing short of a phenomenon when it came to market for 2000. When I first tested it, I couldn't get anywhere for days, as I was constantly held up by admirers who wanted to know what this car was. Now it hardly gets noticed, thanks in part to copycats of various prices. Credit (or blame) the TT for some of the more daring exteriors and real or simulated metal interior trim that have followed.

With new drivetrains and technology, the 2008 redesign brings us a slightly larger, still striking and definitely better TT, but the improvements are more incremental than dramatic. Available both in coupe and roadster body styles, the TT's trim levels are now the... Read More