2009 TT

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

Audi TT

by Driving 320 from Toronto ON on May 1, 2012

Purchased last week. Great performance and fun to drive. Interior finish very high. Gas mileage around 25mpg.

fun car for drivers

by GasDoc from Huntsville, Al on September 16, 2012

If you want a car that can turn corners, and snap your neck without loosing control,,, the Audi TT Quatro is for you... awesome preformer...

Very fun to drive

by pchavez9& on July 14, 2017

This car is very nice, and fast for a 4 cylinder, the interior is amazing, it is very comfortable for the driver and for the passenger next to him, but the back seats are very tight

Golf in Wolf suit

by TheWhis from Madison, WI on August 4, 2017

The '09 Audi TT became a replacement for my wife's 2006 BMW X3, very different vehicles, obviously. She wanted something smaller, sportier, etc. I have always been an Audi fan and have owned several audis, including two 1st generation(MK1) TTs. Test drove the 3.2 in DSG and found it capable and had very linear power curve. Due to the much better gas mileage, we decided on the 2.0T with the Reworked TFSI engine that is said to have some of the bugs worked out. The engine is peppy, but fairly unimpressive. The car emits some cool turbo noises (vast aftermarket is available for the car). Gas mileage is higher than predicted at an average of 34mpg. The only reason I gave it 4 stars in performance instead of the 3 I clicked initially, is because it handles really well and DSG is fun. I said it. An automatic car can be fun. The first generation TT was one of the cheapest audis you could buy when it was new. The second generation ('09-'14) aimed much higher when it came to the interior and features, It may have not landed too much higher, but most people agree that this iteration had just as much soul as the first. If you want an audi that is a driver's car and you don't have R8 money, this car is for you.

Awesome car!

by LaughingJohn from Missoula, MT on May 25, 2017

Due to a recent move I needed to get an AWD vehicle to make it up the 1/4 mile long, steep gravel driveway in winter. I wanted a small vehicle that got good gas mileage, and started looking at the Subaru Impreza, as I have only ever bought what I would describe as practical economy commuter cars. Once the TT landed on my radar however, I was totally smitten, and after a local test drive of an older, higher mileage unit, I was hooked, and the search began. Found exactly what I was looking for (low miles, single owner) on Cars.com and the rest is history. This car wows me every time I drive it - looks, comfort, overall quality, handling, and acceleration is off the charts. Can't imagine a car I'd like more!

Super nice Car and Fun to Drive

by Jimbo from Brandon on July 7, 2018

Very Nice Car , Fun to Drive, Fast and saves gas! People love the way is looks and I love the way is drive and look!

Stylish TT Roadster

by Jeffrey from San Francisco on August 7, 2018

What a dream to drive the Audi TT roadster. I have a 2009 Premium Plus with Navigation. This is my weekend car, yet I find myself wanting to drive it more than just on weekends. It is so much fun to drive. Acceleration is great. Handling is great. Exterior design is aging beautifully. Interior design is made of high quality materials and just put together so well. I get comments on this car all the time. Gas mileage is good. On highway driving, I get around 31mpg. I also upgraded my headlights with OEM LED DRL from the TTS model. Not all cars are made perfect though. Because it's a roadster you do feel the road imperfections and also road noise is pronounced due to the canvas top. But that's what makes you feel connected to the road and is something I can overlook. This is definitely one of my top favorite cars I've owned.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Audi TT