2018 TT RS

4.5 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.9 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

Most fun car I have owned

by Andy A. from Melville, New York on January 31, 2018

Fantastic car. Performance is on par with much more expensive options. Faster than the M6 which this car replaced.

German build quality and HyperCar speeds

by CJBowden from Alachua, FL on June 21, 2018

Let me start off by saying I?m not easily impressed. And the TTRS wasn?t my first choice. I?ve owned a number of cars in this segment including several Porsche Caymans, Mazda Miatas and Jaguar F-Types so I have a discerning eye for quality and fun in a sports car. My favorite style is the Jaguar F-Type. My favorite overall ride quality goes to the Cayman. The most fun was probably the Miata. In getting a new TTRS, I was hoping to get a little bit of everything jammed into one vehicle! And I was also looking for an entry and seat height to satisfy my wife (she hated stooping down to get in and out of the Miata). I think the Audi does a decent job on all marks. The interior is my favorite aspect of this car. The seat comfort is unrivaled (despite the suspension isn?t always the most forgiving, but I didn?t expect a super plush ride in a sports car!). The seat diamond quilting looks phenomenal and the side and shoulder bolsters, along with the adjustable leg cushion are perfectly comfortable for any length ride. The power, ahh the power, is incredible. It?s a very fast car and when the turbo spools up to boost it really pushes you back in your seat. It?s very true that you can shuttle from 0-60 in 3.4seconds in a $74k car using launch control. It?s also very easy to use. The mii infotainment system and virtual cockpit are another compelling reason to look at this car. The fact that 100% of driver functions can be accessed via wheel mounted controls is amazing and convenient. The cockpit screen is beautiful and has a vivid display. The nav is easy to use and I?ve gotten quite quick at inputting destinations through the mii touchpad, which is some cool tech in itself. The cargo space is ultimately what sold me on this car vs others. I haven?t seen any other sports car with this level of performance have the comfort, convenience features, tech AND tons of cargo space. The Cayman and F-Type have fair space and the Miata has none when compared to the gobs of room in the Audi. Especially when folding the seats down! So, my favorite things about this car in review are: 1) Interior comfort 2) Power, speed, acceleration 3) Virtual Cockpit, nav, mii, technology 4) cargo room 5) strobing directionals, oled lights, puddle lights 6) interior and exterior styling is decent Things I am not a huge fan of 1) although a good value for the money, it?s an expensive car at $74k. I could have bought an F-Type for less 2) I?m not a huge fan of the wheels that came with their signature black-optic package 3) would be nice to have two full size cup holders. There is one and then a second sort of clip inside the arm rest. 4) door bins are rather small 5) sound of the 5cyl sounds good at first but can be a bit droning at speed. I find myself switching to ?comfort mode? often to silence engine noise because it can become a bit of a bore. So as you can see the pluses are huge and the minuses are minimal and personal preference really. It?s a great car for the money, with a gorgeous ? interior plus tons of power. What?s not to love in a sports car?!

An outstanding sports car

by smerdyakov from Virginia Beach, VA on May 18, 2018

I have driven various versions of the Porsche Cayman/Boxster for the last ten years. I recently traded my 2017 Cayman S for a new Audi TT RS, and I am very pleased. In my opinion the RS is superior to the Porsche in every respect. The ergonomics and Virtual Cockpit are especially noteworthy. Above all however, is the performance given by the five cylinder turbo engine, which is smooth and quiet while providing remarkable acceleration. If this car had been available in 2016, I would never have bought my Cayman S.

The Baby R8?

by Phil's House of Power on September 27, 2017

Quickest car I own, almost the quickest car I've driven. This car rockets to 60 miles per hour like a cat leaping out of the bath it just fell in. Nothing will touch in its price range with launch control activated. It also does extremely well on acceleration while in gear. This is where it is the baby R8. With 400 horsepower on tap instead of 600 it could pull harder in 4th gear on up. However you are already at 90 miles per hour at that speed, well beyond legal speeds on the road. On the track it could use a bit more at the top end. Loads of fun to drive with a clean simple finish. The entertainment system, what Audi calls MMI, is phenomenal. Everything is within the dash behind the steering wheel, maps, gauges, radio etc. It can be configured to full screen or half screen depending on where you put the gauges. You can use race mode with a large tachometer in the middle or full mode which puts those gauges at the sides and gives a full map or other info in the middle. Its pure genius. The heat, fan recycled air etc are located on the vents by dials surrounding a push button on or off for the additional features. This cleans up the dash with very few buttons. So sophisticated and brilliant. The exterior design is sporty and head turning. People compliment me every day on how nice it looks. It looks like a high end sports car, not like your typical BMW or other car which tries to accomplish all things, doing none of them well. Couple of gripes, the shifter for the dual clutch feels like a 1987 Buick when you put it into gear. The year is 2017. Audi needs to make the feel more like BMW as you put it into gear or move it into reverse and neutral. There is no reason to have a shifter which needs to be pulled back that far from park into "drive". Just feels cumbersome and is one of my biggest gripes. A second gripe I have, give us some more wheel and tire options from the factory. One additional gripe, Audi could make the engine bay look a little more exciting since it is one of their premier engines. So far I've been loving this car, the clean look, the nice attention to detail on the interior and the upper class feel it portrays as well as the amazing acceleration. In addition I love the sleeper mentality it demonstrates on the road, not flaunting the potential for pulling away from unsuspecting would be challengers.

Awesome Car

by MurfGE from Goodyear, AZ on September 17, 2017

I loved every second I drove the car. It is the perfect blend of luxury, sport, power and elegance! The smooth shift in all driving conditions was my absolute favorite.

out of 5 starsReliability

Great value

by Dave from Los Angeles on August 1, 2017

Just as fast as most super cars at a fraction of the price. Also works as a daily driver, and hatchback is practical.

Audi TT RS 2018

by JohnP from Chicago, IL on April 14, 2018

A great 400HP GT. Great styling and high quality interior. Handles great, and becomes a real sports car in dynamic mode. Perfect paint and finish. RS details are great.

Great all around sports car for daily use

by MattRG from Rome, Ga on July 17, 2018

This is by far the nicest and easiest to live with sports car that I have ever owned. Great seats, great stereo and tech (virtual cockpit is amazing!), wonderful interior design and quality and a really useful amount of space under the hatchback. And then the sound of the 2.5 5 cylinder which is completely unique and puts a smile on my face every time. Fantastic performance for the money with the only downsides being a front-wheel drive biased AWD system and no memory seats which is somewhat silly at this price point.

Our Expert Review: 2018 Audi TT RS