2014 Bmw 228

Fun car to drive, very responsive.

by from Newington, CT on June 8, 2017

Car drives like a sports car, hugs the road on turns & gives you plenty of get up & go when you need it.

This car is the greatest car I buy yet Love it.

by from Cleveland,Oh on June 15, 2017

This car meets all my need And the performance is great. Will buy more cars here. Hasn't broken down yet its great

Love it

by from Bentonville, AR on June 6, 2017

I went from a 2002 Hyundai Sonata to this so . . . yea. That pretty much sums up my review. I'm not used to these cars, but I'm loving this BMW. Only thing that would make it better is a more fun sounding exhaust :D. I eventually want to upgrade to an M2.

sweet car...for a car

by from Reseda,CA on May 5, 2014

We feel this model is faster and smoother than the 330ci we previously owned. I'm not thrilled with the option of the vehicle stopping when you stop & starting when you release the brake,but my wife loves it. Great styling and the front & rear cameras are nice features,but I wouldn't just depend on them. We've only had the vehicle for two weeks but it's pretty awesome,especially in the metallic dark grey color.

Most unreliable car I've ever owned

by from Lubbock texas on January 3, 2017

In a two and half year span had 9 flats . You drive on a small rock flat. Driving down highway you will have a flat . Even if you did purchase tire warranty you want a r liable car for the money. I spent over 40 hours dealing with tire issues. When took in they looked at you like you were crazy and stated don't know

Fantastic to drive

by from Hnl, HI on October 15, 2017

This is one of the most fun cars you could possibly ever own. Incredibly responsive, fast, luxurious yet a true driver's car. A throwback to everything that made BMW great, with all the modern conveniences. Exceptional!

Fun Drive

by on July 7, 2017

Excellent sporty experience. Less off the line but excellent pick up at cruising speeds. Comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.

70th birthday gift

by from Mill Valley Ca on October 18, 2017

My wife and sons got this used 228i with low Mike's for my 70th bday as I kept complaining about having sold my 330i some years ago. I loved the 330 with a manual shift, but this 228 is better in every way, even with the 8 speed automatic, as when you put it in sport mode it does what you want with a stick. Really fun weekend car for me. Can't wait until I'm 80.

Uses car for Havingfun

Best BMW Bang for your Buck

by from Kansas on September 20, 2017

Have not owned the car long but it has delivered in every way possible. It's hard to find a car this quick, sporty, and fuel efficient at this price point. It's also much more visually pleasing than it's predecessor 1 series. So far no maintenance issues but car has received a good reliability rating. Interior styling is ok - I would prefer a more detailed instrument cluster that included engine temperature gauge and not just a light that comes in ONLY if engine is overheating (not when engine is cold). I would have preferred a 6 spd but they are difficult to find and honestly the automatic transmission in these cars is very smooth - paddle shifting is very responsive and fun. My only complaint is the run-flat tires - they work fine but are expensive to replace. Would prefer non-run flat with spare in the trunk with tools but I understand the practicality of run-flats.

Funnest, fastest, most economical, reliable cars

by from oroville, ca on September 17, 2017

One of the best cars I've ever owned and I owned a lot. One of the funnest, fastest, 4 cylinder cars you will ever drive. Nothing comes close. I've test drove them all. I also get 42 mpg on the highway. Its comfortable, handles like a dream, gets great mpg and looks great too.