1999 323

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

Get a Beemer!!!!

by Drive-a-BMW from Chicago on May 30, 2006

Overall this car is really nice. Just make sure you get a warranty when you purchase a slightly used vehicle. The costs for repairs are expensive. But if you are interested in buying a beemer you should already know that. The handling and smooth excelleration is what I admire the most. I enjoy driving the car anywhere and everywhere. Of the 15 cars I've had before this one I can honestly say there is NO comparison. I never thought I'd buy a BMW but now I'm glad I did. I like the fact that this BMW comes FULLY equipped. It has everything: nice rims, sunroof, power everything, and even automatic windows where you can close and open them from the outside using your remote, so when its a 100% in there sitting in a parking lot you can open it all up in a matter of seconds and air it out. Another feature I love about this seddan is that its REAR WHEEL DRIVE. You can have a lot of fun with this car on the track.... yes I took it to the track and it handles better than a stang! For the winter you have traction control, so don't worry about loosing control just because its rear wheel drive.

1999 323i

by NickB from Rochester, NY on March 26, 2017

I have had this car for 11 years and it is great. It drives wonderfully and my fears about maintenance cost were mistaken. I have had the usual for a 17 year old car - shocks, 2 wheel hearings, but basically this is a reliable car and with blizzak snow tires it is excellent in upstate NY winters. At 160000 plus, this car still is fund to drive.

great car

by bmw girl from kentucky on March 27, 2012

most fun car and still awesome even with 210k miles,I can only recommend it on anybody looking for an everyday car, sports car, or family car

Great car.

by BMW Boy from on April 6, 2011

BMW has outstanding steering. The engine is also very powerful. German engineering rocks. I love this car.

Fun, sleek and luxurious

by TXUDAN from Desoto, TX on August 10, 2017

This was my daily driver. Luxury, power and not bad on gas. I love manual transmission and this one did not disappoint. The ac never gave out but look for common issues; could save you alot of money.

Best car in my life

by BMW'Sfan on September 23, 2017

Im a BMW fan and car lover. I drive lots of cars and brands, but BMW is a dimond in all car makers. By the way, at the first everyone think my 1999 BMW is just an old car because she's 18 year old, but i spend lots of money on it and this make my car in perfect look and lovely.

Best car I?ve owned

by Jk1998 from Worcester, ma on June 3, 2018

I think that the 99 bmw 323i is an amazing piece of German engineering, from the power and performance all the way to the comfort all together great car

Best value for its money

by Limotorist from Westbury , ny on May 22, 2018

The car is fun , good commenter gets decent gas mileage . Superb performance for the age . Very reliable if looked after . Beautiful styling .

Fun to drive, but watch for transmission problems

by Lisa from San Diego, CA on May 22, 2007

I've had this car for a year and have really enjoyed it, but after about 100,000 miles the transmission started getting finicky if I let it idle in gear when it was cold (and I'm talking "been sitting overnight in southern California" cold, not "under six feet of snow" cold). Some BMW club people I'm friends with did some research and told me the transmission is actually made by GM, and that it was only a matter of time before it would need to be replaced. Sure enough, less than 10,000 miles later I got in it one morning and it wouldn't go in reverse. Turns out this is a VERY common problem with the 1999-2000 3-series that will cost between $3000-$6000 to repair. I highly advise anyone shopping for these year models to do some research on BMW transmissions before buying!

Does not recommend this car!!

The Car For Those Who Love To Drive

by BimmerMan from New York on April 4, 2007

This car is unbelievable when it comes to the driving experience. Everything from acceleration to ride to handling to stopping is excellent when it comes to this car. The interior is very high quality and very quiet, you won't find a single squeak or rattle in a BMW. The seats are very comfortable and the leather holds up forever if it's been conditioned regularly. I've found it to be surprisingly easy to work on and parts are not much more expensive than any other car. Not that it's a big concern these cars are very reliable. The radiator is one weak spot that usually needs to be replaced, mine was at around 90k miles. But other than that these cars run reliable for hundreds of thousands of miles if you change the oil regularly. I can not emphasize enough how excellent this car is to drive. I've driven Audis, VWs, Volvos, Lincolns, Infinities, and Caddies, and hundreds of other car types (I work at Hertz) and none have impressed me as much as the BMW. Basically, if you love to drive you'll love this car.

1 2