Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 9 reviews

SUPERB

by from California on August 31, 2011

I am very fortunate to own a 89' 325ic. From the windy roads in the mountains to the breathless views along the coast, this car is an absolute pleasure to drive. The 5 speed manual transmission shifts effortlessly. This car, with lowered suspension and good struts handles like a go cart. The steering is very responsive and hugs the turns like a Porsche. I drive this car everyday and it has never stranded me in 3 years since I have owned it! I have put on 55k miles. The car doesn't even leak any fluids. I consider the E30 and E34's the best cars BMW has built. I have seen them with over 400k miles on engine, still running strong. Thank you early BMW engineers :)

Fun to OWN:

by from Indianapolis In on October 21, 2011

Bought car for $800 a bad transmission Auto. I had used transmission dropped in for $1500. Great fun to drive and get 22-24 MPG around town. Fixed it up for ME. My wife will not give it back. I can not loan it to my son in high school. It will not be back for a week or two. All his friends love it. It is a classic BMW E30 four door sedan. It has 220,000 miles on it and keeps going and going. I get parts from a Pick a Part junk yard or on line: Cheap parts now since not so many on road and all parts in the warehouses for them. Good for another 100,000 miles.

Classic Car-Built to Last!

by from Portland, OR on March 5, 2012

I have had my 89 BMW325i for eleven years. Second owner. This is by far the best car I've ever owned. It drives like a dream...really fun to zip around town, or take down the Pacific Coast Highway. I get lots of looks and compliments since I refreshed the paint and replaced the emblems and bumpers. 185,000 miles and my mechanic says the engine still looks like new! Good news for me, since I plan on driving her for another eleven years. I've had minor repairs here and there. Most notably, the rocker assembly needed re-done last year, but overall, it has been an incredibly economical purchase. These cars are built to last if you take proper care of them. I wouldn't take a new car if you gave it to me!

Dat Bimmer

by from on March 16, 2015

Downright incredible car. The E30 is one of the reasons BMW still has the reputation it has today. Extremely reliable, great amount of power, and it looks great inside and out, and that includes comfort. I am very happy with my E30, and I'm going to keep it forever, long after I've grown and bought a new daily to replace it's duties as a daily driver. That said, this car is definitely not for everyone. You must have at least basic wrenching skills and furthermore, the passion to do so. It's a 26 year old car, and to expect it to behave like new is stupid on your part. However, the maintenance you put into it will always be worth it because it IS a good car and built to outlast and outperform, unlike most other cars. It was far ahead of its time when built, but remained easy to work on, so maintenance is not an issue if you can do it yourself. Don't believe others when they tell you that parts are hard to find or extremely expensive because they're full of it. Believe me, I know. In other words... if you take care of it, I promise you, it will take care of you. It is a very versatile car. It can be your reliable daily driver or you can tune it to be a drift monster or a straight muscle car on the inside. Your choice. But for crying out loud, do NOT turn this car into a ricer. It's too good for that and other E30 owners will hate you, myself included. This car has a very good reputation... and owners have the duty to keep it that way.

very good car

by from oklahoma on December 15, 2006

very good reliable car i would sell to friend good gas milage runs good, leather interior sun roof 2 door am,fm radio

The best car i ever have

by from Philladelphia on September 24, 2009

Very nice car, I would buy another without doubt the series 3 are the way to go when buying a old bmw.

Love this car

by from North Carolina on November 4, 2009

We have the exact car and love it. Solid, runs great and although requires maintenance it is not too bad on cost.

Great classic BMW performance

by from Plainview, New York on March 2, 2008

E30's are the way to go when buying a old bmw. The engines in these are so well made that they usually out last the rest of the car. A great car to have for a nice sunday drive.

best car ever built by bmw

by from bronx ny on May 17, 2011

clearly the best cars bmw built. Ive gone thru 3 of these cars. I love them. My current 325i has 425 000 miles

Our Expert Review: 1989 Bmw 325