1999 Bmw 328

Good Car and Fun To Drive !

by from boston, ma on February 22, 2008

Approaching 165,000 miles on my 1999 328i 4dr 5sp Sport. Original clutch and many other stock parts. Weak point on these cars is cooling system. An easy do-it-yourself project. Front suspension also weak, however it is a DIY project and will save you money. Overall, great reliable and fun to drive car.

328i with Sport Package

by from Frederick, MD on January 30, 2011

You would be hard pressed to find another car in this class that gives one more driving enjoyment. It is evident that this car was built for the driving experience. Handling is excellent. With the sport package you get the upgraded suspension and interior appointments that make this feel like a true sport/luxury car. This car begs to be driven hard through the curves but can also make long trips in comfort. The engine runs smooth and has adequate power for the daily grind. Fuel economy is reasonable, about 25 mpg on average, but premium fuel is suggested. That said, this car may not be for everyone. Reliability was a major concern for me. During the 2 years I owned the car I had more than a handful of mechanical problems, including replacing the brake calipers at 65,000 miles and replacing the ignition switch. Also, I had a water leak inside the car that soaked the rear floor, which was never solved. The engine light would come on and go off from time to time for no known reason. Overall, this is a great car if you don't mind dealing with a few mechanical issues.

Great Car! Greatly Reliable ANYWHERE!

by from Los Angeles, CA on June 12, 2007

this car has the look of a fast performance sports car and the comfort of a large sedan. the power put into this car is incredible. love to go fast and still be safe? this is the perfect car for that. recommend it to anyone. great fo any driver! young and old.

Keep it forever

by from Ohio on February 10, 2009

Bought it certified from BMW dealer. Drove it as my company car. Always enjoyed it on trips. I agree AC could be stronger and small repairs can be high at dealership. However, strong motor and fun to drive. Our BMW has found a home for a long time.

Coolest Car I've Ever Owned.

by from long Beach, CA on May 4, 2008

Great Car! We had the one with huge wheels, Green Exterior. It was a dream to own. BMW has one of the best maintenance programs & warranty.

So much FuN!

by from Philadelphia, PA on November 19, 2006

This car is the most complete BMW 3-series yet. This car is the perfect match of performance and luxery. The 3-series finally graduated to the luxery of the 5-series. This car rides, drives, and feels like a 5-series. I have previously owned a 1985 325, 1988 325, 1996 328i, and a 1999 528i. The 99 328 is by far the most fun to drive. I loved the E36 gernation, pure raw power and refinement. I was skeptical of the E46, until I took my first drive. It just adds luxery to where the previous 3 series was lacking, without takinga way performance. More fun and stylish than any car in its class, Audi, MB, and Saab can't even compete with this car.

Will Last Forever if Maintained Properly

by from Suffield, CT on April 5, 2017

Had this car for about a year now after selling my Civic. Bought the car with 160k and have put around 20k on the car since. So far have only spent around $200 on maintenance between replacing the radiator and hoses and the coolant expansion tank. Also replaced the water pump while I had the radiator out as preventative maintenance as the cooling systems in these cars are known to go. Haven't had any other major problems. Car is extremely comfortable and has a lot of nicer interior features than my 2007 Honda Civic did and the car is almost 20 years old. They're known to last forever as long as you keep up on normal wear and tear maintenance and make sure the fluids are always filled. Love the car and don't think I'll ever buy anything but a BMW!

This car hugs you ll

by from virginia on April 19, 2011

My review should be for a 328i BMW NOT a 528! Sorry about that, somehow hit the wrong model. See my review for this vehicle titled This car hugs you....it really does. I throughly enjoyed this car.

smooth drive

by from chicago, IL on August 13, 2010

had a car like this one before, i never had any problems of getting stranded. It is a great car to have

Brown M W

by from Northern suburbs of Chicago on July 22, 2014

Fantastic car, handles and looks like a dream. Mechanical problems can be major and difficult to correct for the average mechanic but my dad is a BMW mechanic and solved everything. When I bought it used it had electrical problems which can be a nightmare. But my dad (BMW mechanic) was able to take care of ,them.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Bmw 328