2000 Bmw 328

2000 328i people think its late model sport sedan

by from Tulsa on August 19, 2017

Surprised by 22/29mpg vs 330i which gets 18/26mpg and just +20hp more but 330 has loose steering rack which road test mags complain about and higher insurance. 330 e46 has exact same engine 2.8L but with diff cams, exhaust and body kit which all can be upgraded. My 328i has Dinan $240ecu tune and K&N intake $250 after 17yrs those new upgrades with new 3spoke sport wheel really makes the car feel fast and i fixed the dings and scratches for a few hundred and the paint still looks like new, titanium silver metallic won't show swirls and shows the lines on the car which is why German auto shows like to display their cars in silver. 3 series e46 is still compact so it corners like many FWD in tight parking lots and side streets but it is RWD which keeps the steering control where FWD and Quattro audi will jerk the wheel. With A/S sport tires the car grips the road as if it's AWD 0-60 is 6.2sec with bolt ons and tune and gets under 30mpg and is only $40/month for max insurance coverage for adult. The pumps and plugs and coils and brake are reasonable costs OEM vs 5 & 7 series or X SUV series with V8 & turbos will run high in repair cost . With 100k miles i am reluctant to sell it for a late model BMW money pit out of warranty. Good trunk space to fit a wheel chair, great visibility and handling and road feel is becoming hard to come by at affordable cost and still is safe family car vs 2 seat Jap FWD car. Good road trip car as well, motor sings on highway pass which is what it's gearing is designed for passing semi trucks and merging on highway is good fun and i feel confident making passes.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Looks great and is reliable!

by from on June 10, 2017

Had the car for almost 2 decades and still looks like new and runs well for the amount of time owned!

One of the best cars out there

by from on June 1, 2017

This car lasts a long time and still looks like new 10-20 years later! It has all the fancy gadgets that I need and is impressive looking both inside and out!

Most reliable car I've own and still looks great!

by from on May 22, 2017

My valet guy says he's driven a lot of cars but the BMW 3-series from 2000 are one of the best cars still out there!

Average reliability. Great styling and performance

by from Murrieta, CA on December 30, 2016

2000 328ci owned from 100k to 200k miles. For a newly single guy like myself, this little black 2 door was still looking sharp in 2010. Here in 2016, it's taken its share of wear and tear. It could not go a year without some major type of service. Cooling system replacement, control arms and bushings, headliner replacement, turn signals falling out, or the 1st stage resistor needing replacement. Fortunately, the car is common and how to videos and parts abound and are relatively inexpensive if you do the work yourself. More of a cruiser than a short jump show-off, this car showed plenty of power in the mountain passes and never thought of down-shifting except when passing. Long distance trips melt away in the quiet cabin and refined trim. The 60/40 fold down rear seats made it easy for me to haul tons of stuff including my 60cm road bike! 5 seats came in handy from time to time hauling my friends around the hot spots in the downtown area. With the seats up, there was plenty of room for luggage and golf clubs. The frame is built like a tank and saved me some serious expense when I drove over a residential area median. I was still able to drive 60 miles the next day even without repairs! All in all, this is a safe, luxury sports coupe that wants to be known for elegance and sophistication more than power and grit. Reliability is not great, so if you want to weld the hood shut, you'll likely be better off with a Toyota or Honda.

Great Car!!

by from New York on April 7, 2016

I love it! I can't wait to use this on the road! One of these days I will pay this off and take on a roadtrip.

Uses car for Off-roading

love it

by from modesto ca on May 1, 2014

the best car i have ever owned. it is alot of fun to drive and has just enough power to pass. the handling is the best part . it does hurt the wallet to keep it going but its worth it. love my e46

The most amazing 12 year old car that I have ever

by from Holland, michigan on May 7, 2012

The seller was only asking five thousand dollars for it and I had to take it. But mind you the regular maintenance's had not been done regularly but after most o the work bein done by myself(besides the transmission fluid and filter change) it has been the best car that I have ever owned and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an older sports car with reliability and class to spare.

awsome manual

by from Broyklyn,Ny on February 7, 2012

This car is magnificent! We (me and my wife) owned 5 of them. We always had a manual and it's better then an automanul .

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Owned since '03

by from on March 25, 2011

I love my car. I have used it for anything and everything you can imagine and it has never let me down. I have put over 120,000 miles on it in less than 8 years and I have had some repairs; hence the 3. Repairs aren't always cheap but neither are beemers. I have not been easy on my car and am sure I have a lot to do with some of the maintenance. Great for commuting and even better for really long trips... They were made to cruise. I cannot recommend this car any higher.

Our Expert Review: 2000 Bmw 328