Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2000 328

2000 BMW 328

$630 - $7,886  MSRP Range
2000 BMW 328

Have You Driven the 2000 BMW 328?

Owned since '03

by '00 beemer from on Fri Mar 25 2011

I love my car. I have used it for anything and everything you can imagine and it has never let me down. I have put over 120,000 miles on it in less than 8 years and I have had some repairs; hence the 3. Repairs aren't always cheap but neither are beemers. I have not been easy on my car and am sure I have a lot to do with some of the maintenance. Great for commuting and even better for really long trips... They were made to cruise. I cannot recommend this car any higher.

The most amazing 12 year old car that I have ever

by 328i sport package. (the beauty to my beast) from Holland, michigan on Mon May 07 2012

The seller was only asking five thousand dollars for it and I had to take it. But mind you the regular maintenance's had not been done regularly but after most o the work bein done by myself(besides the transmission fluid and filter change) it has been the best car that I have ever owned and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an older sports car with reliability and class to spare.

Great Car for the money

by DBlack78 from Silver Spring, MD on Sun Jul 25 2010

Couldn't be more happy. Has all the features you would want on a car built today. I miss a jack for my ipod and the gas consuption are my only complaints. On the highway she's fine in the city she's terrible! Great value for the money.

Average reliability. Great styling and performance

by Citizen from Murrieta, CA on Fri Dec 30 2016

2000 328ci owned from 100k to 200k miles. For a newly single guy like myself, this little black 2 door was still looking sharp in 2010. Here in 2016, it's taken its share of wear and tear. It could not go a year without some major type of service. Cooling system replacement, control arms and bushings, headliner replacement, turn signals falling out, or the 1st stage resistor needing replacement. Fortunately, the car is common and how to videos and parts abound and are relatively inexpensive if you do the work yourself. More of a cruiser than a short jump show-off, this car showed plenty of power in the mountain passes and never thought of down-shifting except when passing. Long distance trips melt away in the quiet cabin and refined trim. The 60/40 fold down rear seats made it easy for me to haul tons of stuff including my 60cm road bike! 5 seats came in handy from time to time hauling my friends around the hot spots in the downtown area. With the seats up, there was plenty of room for luggage and golf clubs. The frame is built like a tank and saved me some serious expense when I drove over a residential area median. I was still able to drive 60 miles the next day even without repairs! All in all, this is a safe, luxury sports coupe that wants to be known for elegance and sophistication more than power and grit. Reliability is not great, so if you want to weld the hood shut, you'll likely be better off with a Toyota or Honda.

awsome manual

by sports sallon enthusiast from Broyklyn,Ny on Tue Feb 07 2012

This car is magnificent! We (me and my wife) owned 5 of them. We always had a manual and it's better then an automanul .

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

love it

by e46 from modesto ca on Thu May 01 2014

the best car i have ever owned. it is alot of fun to drive and has just enough power to pass. the handling is the best part . it does hurt the wallet to keep it going but its worth it. love my e46

2000 328i people think its late model sport sedan

by vanosman from Tulsa on Sat Aug 19 2017

Surprised by 22/29mpg vs 330i which gets 18/26mpg and just +20hp more but 330 has loose steering rack which road test mags complain about and higher insurance. 330 e46 has exact same engine 2.8L but with diff cams, exhaust and body kit which all can be upgraded. My 328i has Dinan $240ecu tune and K&N intake $250 after 17yrs those new upgrades with new 3spoke sport wheel really makes the car feel fast and i fixed the dings and scratches for a few hundred and the paint still looks like new, titanium silver metallic won't show swirls and shows the lines on the car which is why German auto shows like to display their cars in silver. 3 series e46 is still compact so it corners like many FWD in tight parking lots and side streets but it is RWD which keeps the steering control where FWD and Quattro audi will jerk the wheel. With A/S sport tires the car grips the road as if it's AWD 0-60 is 6.2sec with bolt ons and tune and gets under 30mpg and is only $40/month for max insurance coverage for adult. The pumps and plugs and coils and brake are reasonable costs OEM vs 5 & 7 series or X SUV series with V8 & turbos will run high in repair cost . With 100k miles i am reluctant to sell it for a late model BMW money pit out of warranty. Good trunk space to fit a wheel chair, great visibility and handling and road feel is becoming hard to come by at affordable cost and still is safe family car vs 2 seat Jap FWD car. Good road trip car as well, motor sings on highway pass which is what it's gearing is designed for passing semi trucks and merging on highway is good fun and i feel confident making passes.

Great Car!!

by Watcher1 from New York on Thu Apr 07 2016

I love it! I can't wait to use this on the road! One of these days I will pay this off and take on a roadtrip.

Uses car for Off-roading

BMW 328i

by BMW First Timer from Louisville, KY on Fri Jun 30 2006

Keep in mind when buying a BMW that very few people can actually work on them. You have to make appointments for oil changes at the dealerships because most fast lube chains do not carry the oil filter in stock. When it comes to service and repair the dealerships know this and charge a premium price. I love everything about the vehicle and would purchase another one.

"It just fits my style"

by Guido from North Carolina on Thu Apr 24 2008

I have owned a ford F150 2003 lifted.. I enjoy being up high and feeling more secure but the moment this BMW was in my possession it just fit my style. What is interesting about the BMW is the height of the ride. In my opinion the body frame sits just below perfect. When I place myself into the vehicle there is no tension or discomfort. If you were to choose a type of interior; go with the leather. The leather finish is extrodionary and the wood grain compliments the extras surrounding your vehicle. I cannot believe a vehicle this cheap has heated seats. I would not put this vehicle at a perfect 10. Simply because the engine is small and you would believe that the gas mileage would be increased with a smaller engine. I do not have a heavy foot, hardly ever over 3000 rpms and on the highway i was getting 23.4 average and in the city 21.2. I do not understand how these companies promise 29 miles to the gallon on this vehicle when typically every driver occasionally goes over 3000 rpms. Here is evidence is you feel you paided too much. We own a 2007 Cadillac STS which has 305 HP. The average on the highway is 24.0 and in the city 16.0. How does a vehicle which is a V8 and obtains more HP get better gas mileage than a V6 BMW?

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 BMW 328

Many automakers around the world claim to manufacture sports sedans. But to true enthusiasts, there's only one that truly defines the breed: the BMW 3-series.

It's the sports sedan that all automakers aim for, and after a weeklong test drive through good weather and bad, it's easy to see why.

BMW remade the 3-series for the 1999 model year, available as the 323i and 328i sedans. For the 2000 model year, BMW introduces the coupe variants 323Ci and 328Ci.

Certainly, BMW has never faced stiffer competition than it does now, not only with longtime rival Mercedes-Benz and Audi. Upstarts like VW, Lincoln Cadillac and soon even Jaguar and Lexus will try for a piece of the entry-level sports... Read More