2011 328

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Good safe car

by beemergirl from Parkland, Fl on November 12, 2010

I bought this car because I totaled my 2009 BMW 328i and I walked away with only a broken finger! I really enjoy the car. I had a 2000 C class for almost 9 years prior to this but it was not as much fun to drive. My only complaint is the sound system is sub-par. The 2009 model had a much better sound system.

3rd Beemer or is it Bimmer

by Irv K from Washington, DC on September 5, 2011

Love the car, traded in 2006 325 XI for a 2011 328i, only concern is how well will the 328i handle in the snow. Car is used for all purposes, including transporting grand kids to and from school at times. Car handles well and sound system is top notch. On the weekends I'm a cool, hip grand dad. Will always drive a BMW.

Worst Car I've ever Owned

by jeff1323 from Loma Linda, CA on May 9, 2017

This car was completely unreliable. So many issues due to service and just all around issues that shouldn't be happening before 30,000 miles. This car basically has had an overhaul on parts just at 40,000 miles.

Does not recommend this car!!

A great imrovement over my last BMW convertible

by Bimmer5 from Shreveport, Louisiana on September 10, 2014

This is my fifth BMW and fourth convertible, having previously owned a 330 convertible and two Z3s. My last car was a 330zhp sport sedan and I drove it nine years. The previous convertibles were rag tops and this is my first hard top--it is definitely an improvement in appearance, noise level and technology. With the top up it looks like a coupe and down, it is a smooth riding, great handling machine. It is an automatic, something I haven't driven in many years, but don't worry, it is still fun. I do notice a slight hesitation when I start in regular drive mode, but shifting to sport cures that. And the paddle shifters add even more fun but take some getting use to. The premium sound performs well with the top down and features such as navigation and idrive are easy to use. The Bridgestone 18 inch run flats are a little rough, but better than previous iterations of Michelins I have had. The sport seats are great and the power bolsters mold to your body. The inline 6 is plenty strong with ample torque in sport mode. My previous inline sixes performed well with hardly any mechanical issues. I expect the same with this one; however, the gas mileage is about ten percent less than my previous 330 six speed manual. But then again convertibles are heavier and it is an auto. I don't notice any wind noise with the top up and I only detect one rattle so far that seems to come from where the rear drivers' side window meets the top. It goes away with the window down. I am loving his car and glad it is certified with some original warranty remaining. BMWs do require expensive maintenance, but to me, they are worth it.

3 Series Coupe Has Lost Its Edge

by Bermondo from NYC on April 12, 2012

Not the handling or transmission this car deserves. Down shifts are abrupt and cars needs to be driver very hard to be appreciate. Run flats are an insult. My Mini and A4 feel more stable at 80 MPH.

Love this car!

by Brady from Salt Lake City, UT on May 29, 2018

I love the aggressive look that this has from the exterior. The interior is set up with everything I need. Heated seats/steering wheel. The performance is unreal for a 2011. Sport mode makes it even more fun too. AWD has been great for the winter and snowy conditions. I couldn't have asked for more.

Beemer vs Jaguar

by tedr from Minneapolis on March 30, 2014

I've been a jag fan for along time but decided to trade it in on a BMW 328i. The biggest difference is there are far more BMW 328i's on the road so Jag gets the "Unique" tag... other than that, the BMW drives sportier than my old XK8 and while it doesn't have the same power, its very responsive, quiet, tight, and sporty. It has a beautiful look and with the service package I bought for the next three years, I'll not have to worry about those expensive oil changes. Thus far i'll grade my experience an A+

BMW delivers

by Hooked on BMW from Boston, MA on January 11, 2013

We've not owned our 328 long, so I am not sure about the reliability yet. Time will tell on that one. However, our car delivers the driving experience I've always wanted in a car, I feel like I have the road in my hands! My favorite features are: horsepower, precise handling, heated steering wheel, and the bluetooth audio. I couldn't be happier with the overall buying experience and car ownership experience.

drives well but otherwise poorly designed

by bmwnomore from san francisco on July 10, 2012

This car drives wonderfully but other issues makes me wonder if it was worth it. Did 5k miles on it and the adaptive headlights stopped working. A week later I get an engine oil level below min warning. Hard to make out if this is a faulty sensor or if oil level is indeed low cause there is no dipstick to manually check. Very clever design indeed - if you are going to add sensors to check oil & other essentials atleast make them reliable. "To be safe add a quart of oil" is all I got from the dealer. And other small annoying things like the glove compartment doesn't fit even their own manuals. Here is a thought make the manual smaller or glove compartment bigger Duh! Not to mention that the GPS is as good as a 100$ garmin at best. My iphone does a better job. All in all bimmers drive well but all other things are not well though out and poorly designed.

Does not recommend this car!!

Nice car but competition has caught up

by truedriver from Mclean VA on May 6, 2012

I own a 2011 3238i xdrive and an Infinity G35 Coupe (2005). Not a direct comparison, but one that should be made. First and foremost the BMW is much more quiet at idle and on the highway. I switch back and forth between the cars when commuting and the differences do stand out. The beemer has a better ride, but probably due to the G"s sport car background, thus tighter suspension. The BMW makes the driver feel clumsy when operating its electronic options whereas the G's option controls are instantly intuitive and simple in operation. (I have I drive). The G has far more power (which I'm sure the 335i would correct) and an exhaust note that is plain old sexy. My BMW's interior is far superior to my G's which feels really engulfed in plastic. Handling wise its a dead heat with my personal edge going to the G. Reliability wise, well, lets put it this way......since buying my G in 2005 its been to the dealer for warranty work not even once. Outside oil changes and a recall for an airbag issue, the only time I see the dealer is for basic maintenance. Conversely, my beemer which I bought new in 2010 has already been in for warranty work 3 times. Once for a broken I drive joystick. Once for a faulty a/c compressor. Once for a non functioning cup holder and faulty abs light. It is now due for another warranty call as the navigation will not work. Not encouraging to say the least. A good thing at least is that BMW covers all the basic maintenance for the first 4 years. Bottom line, the 328i is a great vehicle, and I love it to death. Its functional in an every day drivers sense, fun to drive and looks great. However, to claim it as the ultimate driving machine is a joke. I think I'll give an M series a try in a few years.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15