2015 BMW 328 x-drive - a fantastic car!

by from Minneapolis, MN on February 16, 2015

This is a tremendous car. I bought it after researching and test driving most vehicles in the small luxury AWD sedan segment over the course of the past year. For me it ultimately came down to the BMW 328 x-drive, Mercedes C300 and Acura TLX. I also drove the Audi A4, Cadillac ATS, Volvo S60, Lexus IS350, Infinity Q50. Here is my brief take on the top 2 contenders: (a)Acura TLX: definitely the best value and likely to be the most reliable long-term. But it did not feel as solid or "premium" as the Germans. The transmission is not nearly as smooth as in the BMW. Braking is softer. The 2 screen info- system is odd. Stereo and seats excellent. (b) 2015 Mercedes C300: beautiful interior, at least one notch above BMW, but not nearly as fun to drive. And the front seats are so hard. My rear went numb after sitting on the C300 seat for only 20 minutes! I couldn't get past this... So I went with the BMW 328 x-drive: very responsive engine and "fun to drive", sounds so "cliche" but is true! Acceleration is superb in "sport mode". Fuel economy is excellent considering the performance: average 26-27 mpg with 60%-40% city-hwy driving mix during the very very cold Minnesota winter. Cornering and braking, both excellent. Electronics work great. Stock stereo very good. Front seats are infinitely adjustable and, in my opinion, better than in the C300, though not as comfortable as Acura's. Heated steering wheel is great! I am not crazy about the run-flat tires. On the other hand, the start-stop engine system that many owners complain about seems rather unobtrusive to me, I really don't mind it and it saves gas. I am very happy with the Bimmer so far. It was quite expensive with all the options, but well worth it. Hopefully, it will prove to be reasonably reliable. Only time will tell!

THe same model I have been driving for 7 yrs

by from Los Angeles on October 14, 2015

This is the model works for me the best. I like the performance, comfort and price . I think I will keep driving it for more years to come.

My Dream Car at last

by from Brusly, La. on June 8, 2015

The most awesome vehicle I have every purchased. Great MPG and 4 year maintenance program included with the purchase makes for a stress free experience.

Great Car for daily driving,

by from on January 25, 2015

This is my first BMW, can’t say how much I enjoy driving this car, excellent ride and handling, powerful and fuel-efficient engine. The interior is very upscale and spacious seating. I bought his car from EVANS MOTORWORKS, Dayton, OH. Casey M was so helpful in finding the right car and he is very knowledgeable. He was so patient in reply to my emails. Casey is a great sale person and he did a great job.

Dream car

by from Fort worth, Texas on November 27, 2015

Excellent performance. Engine, looks, interior and exterior, and color. The most part for me is the moon roof. Other than this, everything is perfect.

Best BMW 3 series ever

by from San Matreo, CA on March 20, 2017

This car is as roomy as a 5 series, very comfortable and has awesome power on demand. in highway passing it will respond quickly to sudden acceleration demands. The twin turbos do wonders for this ca...
This car is as roomy as a 5 series, very comfortable and has awesome power on demand. in highway passing it will respond quickly to sudden acceleration demands. The twin turbos do wonders for this car.

Similar Models