2001 330

2001 BMW 330

2001 BMW 330

Have You Driven the 2001 BMW 330?

The best toy I have owned

by Steff from Vhicago on Sun Nov 11 2007

I have been driving 330ci manual for 20 months and all I have is fun whenever I drive it. It provides very good acceleration , the handling is superior than most sport cars I have driven. Manual gears are precise. The gear shifter travels a bit more , but after market short throws are available. If there are four people in the cars it gets a little cramped. Engine sound is addictive. I do not listen to the radio, although it has such a nice sound, just to listen to the engine. Quite on long trips , no wind noise at all around 70-75. Sport suspension is a little hard on on bumps , but I can stand it. Recommend the car to young , spirited drivers.

The 330i is a great car to own

by Dj from Columbus Oh on Tue Jan 10 2017

I started out using my 01 330I as a show car. And I won a lot of trophies with this car. But now I drive it as an everyday car, and I couldn't be happier with the great performance of this vehicle, it has got a lot of power, good breaking, and just a joy to drive. I would recommend this car too anyone.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned.

by malibu john from Edina, MN on Mon Feb 23 2009

The value of this car is outstanding. My friends who bought Mercedes and Lexus have had to turn them in for a new car. Those who bought domestic have disposed of their cars. My 330i runs as good today as it did eight years ago and I expect to get another 100,000 miles before I have to buy another BMW!

Great car!

by Owner of BMW SUV abd sedan from Princeton, NJ on Thu Nov 17 2011

I currently own a 2007 X5, when my job changed, and had to commute over 50 miles (one way). I wanted to keep the X5, so I asked my salesperson at the dealership to let me know when an older model 3series gets traded in. He called as soon as this 330i came in. Once the car was checked out and found to be mechanically sound, I purchased the vehicle. What a great car. Handles awesome (even in the pouring rain). A joy to drive; the steering is on point; car manuevers perfectly, and extremely responsive.

Amazing

by Ryan Bmw 330i from on Wed Jan 21 2015

i have been wanting a bmw ever since my dad got his first one. I'm 16 and i love the brand of the car from up to down. my dad had a 2000 323i which has run for ever it currently has 260k miles on it and still runs fine. We now have an m6 and very happy with that. we recently got this 330i for me because we know the engine so well. i wasn't expecting much from a 3 series but I'm extremely happy with the performance of this car and how it handles just in general.

If you can't find an M3 get this.

by Tizzy from Merritt Island, FL on Sun Feb 26 2012

We purchased this car used in 2007 with 48k miles and currently has 80k. The car is fast -we also installed a performance chip. Gas mileage is tolerable, about 26mpg hwy and 15mpg city. Only issues with the vehicle is the air compressor for the a/c leaks, so it must be charged every couple of months (but who cares, we put the top down). The back flaps of the convertible top constantly come undone -a nuisance, but not a deterrent (common issue). The engine top drains into the trunk causing the trunk to fill with water (poor drain design), because we leave the car parked outside now. Small trunk space -so prepare to pack light on trips (plus for males, major complaint for females). The greatness: it starts every time. It accelerates really quickly -just as fun as our '86 MKIII Supra and '06 Cayenne Turbo S. The seats are comfortable and the interior has held-up really well all things considered; we pile dogs in (mastiffs and pitbulls) and messy neighborhood kids. The audio is ok- if i wanted a better sound quality i would not have purchased a convertible. In all -great car to get you from point A to point B.

Ultimate Driving Machine

by BimmerFanatic from Camden, Maine on Mon Aug 22 2011

330xi is an awesome car. All wheel drive is critical for Maine winters. 5 speed standard is a blast to drive. Tons of power from the 3-liter straight-6. Corners excellent, looks beautiful, and brings attention to itself. Love my new car. Granted, it's ten years old and has 90k on it, so perhaps at $8500 it's not necessarily economical in the sense that you get an old car with a lot of miles for a substantial amount of money. But you get what you pay for, and this is definitely worth it. Biggest problem will be the repairs...definitely going to be a large expense anytime it needs to be taken to the mechanic. Hoping to do a lot of the work myself. So far nothing but good things to say!

Great car!

by First time BMW owner from on Mon Oct 01 2012

I recently purchased my 330xi and over the first couple weeks I have not had any major issues. I had to replace an oxygen sensor shortly after buying it, but other than that I cannot complain one bit about the car. The car handles superbly, feels tight to the road and provides extreme comfort and sound all in a beautiful BMW exterior. The engine roars to life and makes you feel like you are controlling a wild animal, but has the type of controls that just about anyone could handle.

Fantastic Value!

by 3rd BMW from Northern NJ on Fri Feb 22 2013

We are a young family of 5 with a Prius and a 7-passenger SUV. Both very capable vehicles but neither are much fun to drive. I was in the market for a fun, stick-shift under 10-g's. The 2001 330 ci Convertible is the perfect car for me. I found one not too far away with 98,000 miles in the colors I wanted (Blue / Gray leather). The car looks great, almost new, and according to the BMW pre-purchase inspection everything is OK, other than some normal wear and tear consumables. They recommended front brake pads ($700) spark plugs ($400) and a fuel filter ($230) so for about $200 in parts they only want about $1,100 additional in labor. I am handy and plan to do almost all maintenance and repairs myself. I would suggest that if you are in the market for an E46 (1999-2005) find a good local mechanic if you are unable to do things yourself. The dealership prices are sky high and take the fun out of owning a fun car like this. The car is steady as a rock on the highway - I was cruising at 95mph. These cars are strong and important stuff like engine and transmission are fine but I found two things that the BMW dealer missed. First the control arm bushings are done. I will replace with the urethane variety and second I see the oil pan is wet. Could just be a bad plug or maybe a gasket. I hope. If you find one that you like, go for it. It?s a blast to drive

330ci...

by AJ from Sactown, CA on Mon Jun 04 2007

Sexy & fast toy that attracts ladies' attention... Close competitor to G35 coupe in my opinion, very nice overall...

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2001 BMW 330

Whew. BMW is having quite a year. So far, 2001 has been the German company's best sales year. In June, BMW for the first time eclipsed fellow luxury brands Lexus, Mercedes-Benz and Cadillac in overall sales.

There's been a constant stream of lauds and accolades about BMW cars from the media and consumer groups, including a recent AutoWeek readership poll that picked BMW's 3 Series as the best car or truck sold in the United States. And the 5 Series was pick No. 3. No self-esteem problems here. With great products, excellent marketing and a strong image, BMW just keeps climbing the charts.

I have no problem with AutoWeek's first-place winner. The 3 Series models really are gems, fine compact... Read More