2006 330

2006 BMW 330

2006 BMW 330

Have You Driven the 2006 BMW 330?

Good car so far

by BMW Newbie from Lexington, KY on Mon Dec 03 2012

I purchased my 330xi two months ago with 101,000 miles on so I knew going into it that at some point I may run into routine repairs that occur with a higher mileage vehicle. So far I've only changed the oil and filter and rotated the tires (did these things myself...they try to scare you into taking it to a dealer for these routine things and paying out the wazoo but I don't see the need). It has a slow windshield washer fluid leak but I've located the problem and need to replace the hose. Some of the quirky BMW engineering has taken some getting used to. For example, the car doesn't have a dipstick to check the oil level...it is monitored electronically. So in order to check the oil level, you have to drive the car for about 10 minutes until the computer is able to get a reading on it. Also, the car does not carry a spare tire so you have to equip it at all times with run flats, which is a little pricey. In my opinion, BMW designs their cars to make it as difficult as possible for the average person to do their own maintenance. An example of this is that underneath the car on either side are the brackets where it is safe to use a jack to raise the vehicle. However, these are so close to the ground that there is not a jack anywhere that is low enough to fit underneath so when I rotated my tires I had to drive the car up on some 2x8 boards to get it higher so I could get the jack underneath. Also, the entire underside of the car is covered by a plastic shield, so to even take a look at the engine compartment from underneath you have to remove about 15 different screws and finagle the shield off. Overall, the performance, comfort and pure enjoyment of driving such an awesome machine outweighs any of the little things I don't like about the car. I feel like most cars are designed to make you feel removed from the road, but my 3-series makes me feel like I'm a part of it, which is what I wanted. They also engineer the cars with a level of attention and detail with which I've never experienced with other vehicles I've owned. I think I'm in trouble because now I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to drive anything else!

2006 BMW 330xi - First BMW

by First BMW from Johnston, RI on Mon Jan 10 2011

I bought this car is July of 2010 with 37,000 miles. I had one small problem with it, my check engine light came on, and it took them a while to figure out what was going on with the car. Finally, it was a minor problem. It was a valve in the engine. Since it is the 330, it has the low profile tires. You would think it would not be good in the snow, but it is all wheel drive, and believe it or not, it is great in the snow. The only thing is i don't recommend it for families- the back seat could be a little bit tight to sit back there.

Car feels so tight -Love it

by Commuter from upstate NY on Tue Mar 06 2012

I bought this 5 yr old car to a replace a G35X and I couldn't be happier. The G was faster (306 hp v 255) , but the 330xi has more than enough power, great brakes, very tight steering feel, infinitely adjustable sport seat, and really nice styling inside and out. It gets about 27-28 mpg on my 1.5 hr commute whereas the G got about 22 mpg. The Infiniti did have more features, such as adaptive cruise control and auto entry/exit driver's seat, but I still prefer the BMW by far for the overall driving experience.

Love This Car!

by bjamesmeyer from Sacramento, CA on Sat May 23 2009

I went from a 5 series to the 330i and I couldn't be happier. I am still surprised at the interior space- my 6'1" husband fits fine. The responsiveness has saved my life 3 times when I was able to avoid accidents. I feel safe and sound driving this solid, dependable vehicle.

A real headturner and superb to drive

by The $30,000 Millionaire from Dallas, Texas on Mon Aug 29 2011

My imola red, performance pkg 330Cic has to be one of the most beautiful cars on the road. The car is admired wherever it goes, whether driving or parked. I bought it new approaching 6 years ago and driving it is still a joy, although after 65k miles it's beginning to feel a little less taut and I'm starting to think twice before taking a corner posted at 40 at 70+ mph. However, it still handles beautifully so now it's merely 70mph! The exhaust noise is marvellous and with the 6 speed manual and higher rev limit it's a real driver's car. No significant mechanical issues and what there were were fixed under warranty by an obliging dealership. Cons are the handling can be squirrely. The performance pkg has low profile tires on 19" rims and these do NOT like road ruts or rough conditions at all. Great for the track, but I wish I had thicker tires for the road. The power is a little less than I'd have liked whilst there's an annoying flat spot at 5k rpm which the dealer seems to be unable to get rid of. Lastly, the gearbox is not smooth and it's easy to miss third when changing quickly. The interior design gets 3 stars only: the second cup holder is useless with the arm rest down and the seats are not very comfortable on long journeys (try the new M3 seats for what BMW can do). The interior trim is getting scuffed too. The car has been very cheap to run. In 6 years, it has cost me in parts/repairs $800. That was for two tires. I agree with several other reviewers here in disliking the new hardtop convertibles. In addition to its looks, the 06 Cic soft top has enough trunk space for the wife and I to go away for the weekend with the roof down and still get our bags in the trunk. The new hard tops, aside from their "boxy" styling, have barely enough room in the trunk for a toothbrush when the roof is down. The only car I'd trade this one for is a rag top M3, also in imola red. Those extra 100 horses would be fun to have. However, the 25-30mpg I get on the highway is nice too!

I Love This Car

by Bear from Phoenix, az on Mon Feb 22 2010

I purchased this car nearly 4 years ago. I previously owned a 1999 BMW 328i. That was a good car, but this car is a true dream to drive. Handles well, and even the gas mileage is fantastic.

330 CIC W/ ZHP Pkg, I have the 330 CIC Base Model

by pdhsr1 from Atlanta, Ga Metro Area on Wed May 01 2013

From what I've have found the BMW 330CiC ZHP is not hard to found, within about 10 minutes I've found 7 of them, The ZHP Pkg , only adds 10 more hp power to the car than the base model- 225Hp, Zhp 235Hp , it has the M pkg and that the biggest different, the wheel pkg, Steering Wheel the Gauges and the Tac. I saw were someone tried to compare the ZHP to the M3, The M3 has 333Hp , and some are charging as much for the ZHP as the M3. Its not worth anymore than My car is, some are marked up retail, but wholesale their the same.

Nice car!

by Malc323 from on Tue May 16 2017

One of the nicest cars I've seen on this website for the price. I feel if someone can find anything they are looking for on this car.

Wish I had one sooner

by Monaco330i from Trenton, NJ on Tue Dec 18 2012

After having VWs for many years I fell in love with German cars. The BMW is a completely different level. Great handling, great mileage, beautiful interior (not cheap looking like some japan alternatives), very comfy (dispite the run flats), and for a 7 yr. old car it still looks up to date. I think I maybe buying only BMWs from here on out and after having over 8 VWs in my life that is saying a lot.

best car ever

by cars for life from colorado springs colorado on Tue Mar 01 2016

LOVE THIS CAR SO MUCH ITS WORTH BUYING AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS GOOD I PROMISE ANYONE WHO GETS THIS CAR WILL LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2006 BMW 330

The 2006 3 Series is a critical car for BMW for many reasons:

• It's descended from the 1968 BMW 2002, arguably the first sport sedan.
  • It's led the category in sales since that time and established BMW in the United States.
  • Its competition is greater than ever in the arena it once dominated: overall performance.
  • BMW has suffered a maelstrom of criticism over its recent styling direction and its menu-driven, knob-controlled iDrive system.

You can argue that the 3 Series' success has been a product of a healthy head start, German engineering mystique and/or luxury appointments. They've all played a part, but I've long believed that the 3 has been No. 1 because of something the competition just recently figured... Read More