2009 335

2009 BMW 335

2009 BMW 335

Have You Driven the 2009 BMW 335?

Love my 335I

by flaggrad00 from Great Falls on Wed Nov 03 2010

Simply the best car in its class, A4 is too slow, S4 too expensive, C class is not fun to drive, I had a G37 before I got my 335 and hands down the 335 is better. If you drive the 335 you will buy it and you will not regret the decision for one minute. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fast comfortable near luxury car. Its as fast as the previous gen m3 (i had a z4M too), has the same great connected feel with less suspension harshness. The turbo six is amazing, no lag just feels like a V-8.

My finest hour

by Rainmaker from Indiana on Fri Jul 09 2010

I've owned 30 or more vehicles in my life, Covettes, trans-Ams, Acuras, Jaguars, Cadillacs, Lincolns, Mustangs, and more, but this BMW 335 twin turbo X-drive is the best of the best. Fit and finish, eye-catching, performance off the line, cornering, ride,comfort and convenience, it has it all! I honestly take the long route to work and back just to drive it. Gas mileage isn't bad either, now averaging 28-29 mpg combined driving.

Diesel has never been so sexy!

by mdifanis from Mahomet, IL on Thu Aug 27 2009

As a person acclimated to loads of horsepower, I cannot overstate the positively intoxicating thrust that this engine provides. You can toss out every single diesel drawback you've ever heard. No one would know from hearing, feeling, driving, or smelling it. One observer commented that it sounds more like a hot rod V8 than a diesel inline 6. Whereas a gas engine must be wound up to high RPMs to extract maximum performance, the diesel produces its maximum torque at extremely low RPMS and its peak horsepower at much lower RPMs than gas engines. So one need not "wind it up" to extract breathtaking thrust. After a split second of hesitation off the line, the engine yields a rush of power that is nothing less than intoxicating. I have been driving like a maniac since picking up the car earlier this month, and I have still managed 27 mpg in mixed driving. Spectacular steering and braking round out an excellent overall driving experience. The interior is very good for the most part, including top-notch leather sport seats. Instrument cluster is simple and attractive. I-Drive is apparently improved, but it will still take some time for even a tech savvy driver to learn it. The high-res widescreen display is outstanding, and it would be a terrible waste not to have the NAV system included to exploit the great screen. However, the navigation system, while gorgeous, is less useful and user friendly than my $200 Garmin Nuvi. That is a serious disappointment for a $2,000 option. The winter package is needed to get a fold-down backseat, but with that feature, the utility of the vehicle increases markedly, as a folding ladder (or in my case, real estate yard signs) can easily be stuffed into the trunk. Sport package gets upgraded suspension, 18" wheels and tires, and some trim upgrades. This proved to be a difficult option to find on the diesel, but I snagged one. If I do much driving in this during the winter, a second set of wheels and tires will be mandatory, as low profile performance rubber with tiny sidewalls won't be your friend in snow or through potholes. I cannot overstate my enthusiasm for this new diesel power plant. It is not merely an economical alternative to gas engines; it is a serious performer that makes it easy to extract breathtaking performance in more typical everyday driving scenarios while getting hybrid-like fuel economy!

Wow.

by Old Guy from Southern Maryland on Wed Oct 12 2011

First BMW I have owned. I have heard that the reliablity is not good, but I have had over 9000 completely trouble-free miles in about 4 months. Bought a new 2009 in May 2011. 2 year old leftover. Handling is superb without having a harsh ride. Power is astonishing from a 3.0 litre 6 cylinder. Gas mileage is good. 24.5 mpg on daily comute and 27 mpg on a trip. It is not a cheap car, but you can really see where the extra money was spent. Fit and finish is great. Engineering is very impressive. I tend to keep a car for a long time and drive lots of miles, but believe in preventative maintenance. We will see what happens as far as reliability, but so far it has been very good.

BMW 335i Coupe

by Own the road from Tampa, Fl on Thu Mar 01 2012

Just the right tool for the job. Solid construction, very responsive and comfortable. This car can run the track or get the groceries.

Solid, Fun drivers' car

by Beemer Lover from Maryland on Mon Dec 10 2012

I test drove all the other comparable hardtop 6-speed manual convertibles in my price range (infiniti G37S, Lexus IS350, Lexus IS250, Mercedes-Benz SLK280, Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG, Mercedes-Benz SLK350, Volvo C70 T5) and the 335i cabrio was the one I liked the best. For handling, power and creature comforts, this car fit me best. This is my 3rd 335i convertible and I'll probably get another (or a Mercedes) for my next car. If you want a fast sports coupe convertible that seats 4, there is no better one on the market that can match the 335i in this price range.

Great Vehicle

by SpbAnnArbor from Ann Arbor, MI on Tue Jun 26 2012

The 335 over the 328 is a huge difference from a speed persepctive. The twin turbo of the 335 allows you to pass vehicles 2-3 times as fast and has tons of 'pep'. The rest of the 328 and 335 appear to be the same. The 2009 navigation is completely differe nt from the 2008. I would avoid the 2008 and newer models if you want navigation.

Best Handling and quickest car I've owned

by Captrod from Bellevue, Washington on Thu Aug 05 2010

I purchased this 2009 BMW 335i online. It was a dealer car that had been unsold. It had 5,300 miles on the ODO. This is the second BMW I have purchased this way. Basically nearly flawless cars which have been through the BMW dealer detailing and with most of the four years/50,000 mile warantee remaining and four years of total maintenance, there is little to chance and the many thousands of dollars saved by purchasing a dealer car or a CPO car is a real plus. The interior even still smells new! The car has the sport and premium packages, navigation and heated seats. I had a long search trying to find all of these options in titanium silver with a black interior, but well worth the wait. I wouldn't want to give up any of these options. I also wanted the winter package which included the heated steering wheel, but I just couldn't find a car with all of those options and the winter package too! The sport package and the twin turbo engine are what really sets this car apart from the 2007 BMW 530xi Touring (wagon) that I already own. Steering and handling and quickness are superb! BMW changed the navigation and i-drive system in 2009 and they are superior to the older system. However, I have owned Lexus and Infinity cars where the navigation systems are advanced over what BMW provides. I think the Japanese just know how to do electronics better than the Germans. That said, the navigation system in this car works very well and I don't have any complaints about it. The rear seats fold (60/40) providing a lot of room in the rear for golf clubs, etc. The trunk alone is quite ample and the rear seats seem to have more leg room than the 3-series sedan, but the coupe is a bit more difficult to enter and exit. However, we are a retired couple with another larger car (the 530xi), but we rarely need to use the back seats in either car, anyway. The styling of the coupe is a real winner, so I would opt for the coupe unless a person needs a lot of in and out use of the rear seats, for instance with children. The seats are the sport package seats with a lot of adjustability and are extremely comfortable. This car is equipped with the Michelin 18" run-flat tires. I was told that the run-flats are awful...very stiff and hard feeling, but I don't find that to be true, at least with the Michelins. I like them just fine, but I will likely replace the run-flats with regular Michelins or the Continental DWS tires like I have on the 530xi when the run-flats wear out. They are too expensive to replace. There is no spare tire in this car, so I will purchase a "mobility kit" which has an air cylinder and tire "goop" for a true emergency when I make the change from run-flats. In addition, I have AAA and also the BMW service option for free for the first four years, so I'm not too worried about getting a flat tire anyway. In summary, this is the second BMW I have ever owned, and I am extremely happy with them both. The BMW straight 6 cylinder engines are marvelous; however, this 335i is a real jewel to drive because of the more powerful engine and sport/handling option. This winter when it snows, I might have to give a bit more love to my 530xi with the all-wheel drive! BMW really knows how to make a car for all seasons.

Good Car But Beware of SIB 13-09-10

by TomB from Californai on Fri Sep 03 2010

The 335i is a terrific car. I have owned a 2007 335i Coupe for 8 months and appreciate the cars balance, power and good looks. The car handles well and has been reliable. And, the 6 speed manual transmission provides nearly 30mpg on the highway - a great number for a performance car. That said, after taking it in for routine service I was forced to accept a "routine" software upgrade, which actually increased turbo lag and degraded the performance a little. When I pointed this out to the dealer, they acknowledged the issue but had no solution.

Love my car

by BWM Convertible Fan from Brentwood, TN on Fri Mar 11 2011

The 335I has a ton of power. I espeically love the hardtop convertible. It looks incredible and drives well. The only think I don't like are the cup holders. BMW cares more about performance and I get that but I'd like to see better options on the holders. Overall I'd reccomend this car to anyone.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2009 BMW 335

The 3 Series sedans, coupes and wagons are excellent performers, which is why I've always liked them. It's also the main reason the 3 Series has owned the compact luxury-car market for as long as there's been one. What's changed, though, is that competitors have adopted the BMW formula in the past decade and are coming up strong. They're a speck in the 3 Series' rearview mirror in terms of sales, but in performance, they're nipping at its heels, providing many alternatives for shoppers who aren't swayed by the BMW brand.

Most of the attention this year has gone toward the 3 Series' new clean-diesel model, the 335d, which we reviewed earlier this year. No matter how successful it becomes, its U.S... Read More