2014 Bmw 428

Better than sliced bread

by from Suffolk, VA on March 26, 2016

I waited for 40 years to purchase my next sports car. My wife told me "the car have a backseat". Thus the BNrrrrrrrrrr.The deal went smoothly. It only took an hour. This car is great.. The power is there when I need it. The brakes definitely work. I haven't used the paddle shifters. There has been no open road to do it. Just a great vehicle.

Fun, fast, economical and a real looker!

by from Wellington, FL on July 16, 2014

Having "enjoyed" an American built muscle car for the past few years, I decided to make the switch to the BMW 4 series primarily due to it's perfect size, shape and superior engineering. I am more than pleased that I've done so- here's why: + the 428i is as fast (0-60) as my V8 muscle car was + the 428i's handling is superior to anything I've owned previously + the shape is not only beautiful but well designed; there are no blind spots + in ECO mode, I've averaged over 33 mpg! + the 428's trunk is larger than other cars in it's class (primarily the Audi A5 and Mercedes C) + Fit and finish are terrific. Minuses: - Car takes premium fuel only (as do most turbos) - Voice-activated Bluetooth is only available with Nav - Passenger seat room slightly encroached by dash design Overall, though, this is truly outstanding vehicle; one that only builds on the strengths of the previous 328i. Also, the dealership I bought mine at was very easy to deal with and has an excellent service department.

I tried to buy one

by from Homer Glen, IL on April 26, 2014

BMW 428: Too expensive for mere 4-cyl. I want a 6-cyl naturally aspirated engine that is not available anymore! Design of the front bumper is a "bummer"- must order optional "M" package to rescue its appearance. Otherwise the body is beautiful! Info screen should be either integrated with dash or retractable. Wheels should be larger and wider. $50K + is simply too much for car, that also has unknown reliability. Looks, that I have to stick with my 2002 M3, that is still "like new" for a little longer... Fortunately it's shape, performance, quality and sustainability warrants my decision. Trading is no option due to ridiculously low trade-in value. Believe me; this car is worth much more, at least to me... GR

Smooh driving, no mainenance

by from Altadena, Ca. on January 28, 2014

My sixth BMW. With each lease end, I examine the field and have returned to BMW each time. Professional but personable service, eamed all the variables to find the right car and the best deal.

Love this car

by from Dexter, Mi on September 26, 2014

I am nuts about this car. It feels good, sounds good and smells good. I find myself driving to places I do not need to go, just to enjoy the terrific engine, transmission and controls.

Amazing car

by from Indianapolis, IN on June 4, 2014

This car is simply amazing and easily one of the best looking bmw on the market. I got the 428i Xdrive and even though it has a 4 cylinder engine (turbocharged) it is still so much fun to drive, especially in sport/sport+ mode. What's really nice is that BMW gives you options to decide what kind of "mode' you want to drive (eco pro, comfort, sport, sport+) your car in, depending on what you want out of your car. Not to mention, this car easily gets 35+ mpg when you put it on eco mode and cruise control. The interior build quality is also superb. Everything feels great to the touch and you don't get that cheap material/plastic feel like with some other cars. The seats are very comfortable as well and you could really do long road trips in this car without any issues. One thing I did notice is that there seems to be more room for the passengers in the back as well since this car is a little longer than your average coupe. I would highly recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a fun to drive sporty car with excellent build quality and great MPG rating. I would suggest that you buy this car with the technology package, premium package, and sport or M sport package.

love this car

by from HUNTINGTON NY on December 6, 2013

VITO WAS AN EXCEPTIONAL SALES PERSON. WE HAVE BEEN BUYING BMWS FOR VER 25 YEARS FROM HIM....HE IS TRULY THE BEST IN THE FIELD. WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND HIM AS ALWAYS TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!

2014 428i M Sport Coupe

by from Alhambra, CA on December 20, 2014

Having "enjoyed" a japanese built car for the past years, I decided to make the switch to the BMW 4 series primarily due to it's perfect size, shape and superior engineering. I am more than pleased that I've done so- here's why: + the 428i is as fast (0-60) is quick! The 428i's handling is superior to anything I've owned previously + the shape is not only beautiful but well designed; there are no blind spots + in ECO mode, I've averaged over 30+ miles without a problem. Trunk space is great! Comes with a lot of handy features that are built through BMW fine engineering. Fit and finish are terrific. Its a Coupe, which means less space however. But how can you complain over the gorgeous body of the car? Overall, though, this is truly outstanding vehicle. I am happy with the purchase.

My Dream Car

by from Carlsbad, CA on April 14, 2017

I have always wanted a convertible and wasn't sure which one until I drove the 428i Convertible. Drives like a dream and I love the wind in my hair!

My fourth BMW I have owned

by from Walnut Creek, California on July 4, 2017

I love it. It is sporty, but the drive is smooth. Perfect for driver plus one. Trunk is good size with lots of room.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Bmw 428