1995 525

1995 BMW 525

Have You Driven the 1995 BMW 525?

An excellent car overall

by 5serieslove from Michigan on Mon Oct 05 2009

I've owned this car for two years now and absolutely love driving it. There are only two things I can think of that aren't the greatest. Obviously, as a model of car that has three engine size choices, the smallest of the three is a little weak in the low rpm range. However, once it gets up over 3500 rpm it moves pretty quickly and there are NEVER any vibratory protests from the motor, even with almost 160k miles on it. Smooth as silk, as they say. My other complaint is that expensive cars are made of expensive parts. $1200 for rotors and brake pads all the way around. A $200 battery. $1000 for a couple of new fuel injectors, a fuel rail and an air mass meter. $1400 for new upper and lower tie rods (both sides) and new thrust arm bushings (aka ball joints, again both sides). I've replaced the water pump, thermostat and radiator (can't remember the cost). The air conditioning doesn't work and I'm finding rebuilt compressors are $400. Various small hoses are $20 each and take two weeks to order through the dealership. My driver side rear passenger window will roll down but won't roll up without being pushed up by hand. The window switch will roll down the passenger side windows but inexplicably requires forceful mashing to make them go back up. The dashboard light that illuminates the speedometer is burned out. Why would I outline all these issues and still claim love for it? BECAUSE THE RIDE IS LIKE NOTHING ELSE. The professional review has it right. It's a supple ride that soaks up the bumps but the car doesn't lay on it side through the turns. The balance of the chassis and the amazing suspension tuning are NEVER upset by weird things going on with the road surface. This may not sound like a compliment, but the car feels like it weighs 10,000 pounds in this regard. The car feels substantial (read: built like a tank), it actively and viciously GRIPS the road. If you can't wrap your head around that, you need to get out and try driving one of these cars. They're just fantastic, and the 525i is the most under-appreciated and therefore under-valued BMW around. Try it, just make sure you have some cash available to set it to rights after your purchase.

best car ever owned

by tall fella from maryland on Thu Mar 22 2007

Owned a car like this for 5 years ,, great ... I am very tall had plenty of leg room .The only problem with this car was there is no cup holder in it that holds a big cup !

I always wanted a BMW

by Backseat Monty from Washington DC on Mon Oct 16 2006

I always wanted a BMW. 3 years ago I purchased a used 525 after extensive research. A good friend belongs to a local BMW club and warned me against the 530 series due to engine block problems in the mid-90s. I purchased a '95 525 with the classic BMW 6-cylinder. I was worried that I might have to spend a lot of service. After 40k, I've experience no unusual or exorbitant services costs. Oil changes and regular tune ups. Das ist alles. Used BMW...what a great value.

One of the best vehicles ever manufactured

by lovethee34!! from baltimore on Sat May 23 2009

I've owned my e34 for 6 years it was 8 yrs old when I bought it. Handling and driver feedback is amazing for a 14 yr old car. I love the classic styling and it is one of the most reliable bmw's ever made. I'm torn between trading up to the e39 but don't know if I have the heart to part with my e34. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone it is the best vehicle purchase I ever made!!

BMW 525i

by Destin from Destin, fl on Tue May 28 2013

Great experience. The car was exactly what was promised, getting in contact with the seller was easy. I would gladly recommend both the BMW 525i and this site to anyone looking for a car

Amazing

by Britt123 from on Sun Feb 12 2017

I love my 1995 BMW 525i. I have leather seats, power locks and power windows. I couldn't imaging having a more reliable car than a BMW.

Bang for the buck

by Knightridersky from Tucson on Wed Nov 29 2017

I purchase this car with 261 k on it and and the short length amount of time I've owned it it's been nothing but great to me I do all auto repairs myself and it's been a really great car I love it From being a long time BMW fan I've always wanted this series on this body style for this year and I purchased one recently and with 261 k on it it's been really great car to me I do most of the auto repair stuff myself including tune-ups and oil changes and from being a auto Enthusiast I can say I would recommend a BMW to anybody

Where have you been all my life?

by tarvid from Independence, VA on Fri Jan 09 2009

I've been driving for 50 years. A few really nice cars in my past a Pontiac Bonneville Convertible, a Chrysler Imperial Convertible, a MB 300d, but nothing has blown me away like this car.

Very reliable car, bullet proof engine inline 6

by Flexbige from Palm Springs california on Sat Jul 29 2017

Great car , love the handling and reliability , would recommend to anyone that is looking into getting one, just make sure it's been maintained well

Our Take on the 1995 BMW 525

Do you leave your teeth in a glass when you go to bed at night?

Then you are a candidate for a station wagon.

Do you keep a set of racing gloves next to those choppers on the night stand?

Then make it a BMW station wagon.

BMW used to be known as the poor man's Mercedes. Then BMW started to take itself seriously and tried becoming Mercedes-only with the emphasis on performance first, luxury second.

But a European performance car is one thing; a European performance car that can stay out of the ditch in the Snow Belt is another. More than one rear-wheel-drive Bimmer was spotted treading snow in those ditches during thiswinter's storms.

In June, July or August a Bimmer scoots and scats... Read More