1995 Bmw 525

An excellent car overall

by from Michigan on October 5, 2009

I've owned this car for two years now and absolutely love driving it. There are only two things I can think of that aren't the greatest. Obviously, as a model of car that has three engine size choices, the smallest of the three is a little weak in the low rpm range. However, once it gets up over 3500 rpm it moves pretty quickly and there are NEVER any vibratory protests from the motor, even with almost 160k miles on it. Smooth as silk, as they say. My other complaint is that expensive cars are made of expensive parts. $1200 for rotors and brake pads all the way around. A $200 battery. $1000 for a couple of new fuel injectors, a fuel rail and an air mass meter. $1400 for new upper and lower tie rods (both sides) and new thrust arm bushings (aka ball joints, again both sides). I've replaced the water pump, thermostat and radiator (can't remember the cost). The air conditioning doesn't work and I'm finding rebuilt compressors are $400. Various small hoses are $20 each and take two weeks to order through the dealership. My driver side rear passenger window will roll down but won't roll up without being pushed up by hand. The window switch will roll down the passenger side windows but inexplicably requires forceful mashing to make them go back up. The dashboard light that illuminates the speedometer is burned out. Why would I outline all these issues and still claim love for it? BECAUSE THE RIDE IS LIKE NOTHING ELSE. The professional review has it right. It's a supple ride that soaks up the bumps but the car doesn't lay on it side through the turns. The balance of the chassis and the amazing suspension tuning are NEVER upset by weird things going on with the road surface. This may not sound like a compliment, but the car feels like it weighs 10,000 pounds in this regard. The car feels substantial (read: built like a tank), it actively and viciously GRIPS the road. If you can't wrap your head around that, you need to get out and try driving one of these cars. They're just fantastic, and the 525i is the most under-appreciated and therefore under-valued BMW around. Try it, just make sure you have some cash available to set it to rights after your purchase.

One of the best vehicles ever manufactured

by from baltimore on May 23, 2009

I've owned my e34 for 6 years it was 8 yrs old when I bought it. Handling and driver feedback is amazing for a 14 yr old car. I love the classic styling and it is one of the most reliable bmw's ever made. I'm torn between trading up to the e39 but don't know if I have the heart to part with my e34. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone it is the best vehicle purchase I ever made!!

I always wanted a BMW

by from Washington DC on October 16, 2006

I always wanted a BMW. 3 years ago I purchased a used 525 after extensive research. A good friend belongs to a local BMW club and warned me against the 530 series due to engine block problems in the mid-90s. I purchased a '95 525 with the classic BMW 6-cylinder. I was worried that I might have to spend a lot of service. After 40k, I've experience no unusual or exorbitant services costs. Oil changes and regular tune ups. Das ist alles. Used BMW...what a great value.

best car ever owned

by from maryland on March 22, 2007

Owned a car like this for 5 years ,, great ... I am very tall had plenty of leg room .The only problem with this car was there is no cup holder in it that holds a big cup !

BMW 525i

by from Destin, fl on May 28, 2013

Great experience. The car was exactly what was promised, getting in contact with the seller was easy. I would gladly recommend both the BMW 525i and this site to anyone looking for a car

Where have you been all my life?

by from Independence, VA on January 9, 2009

I've been driving for 50 years. A few really nice cars in my past a Pontiac Bonneville Convertible, a Chrysler Imperial Convertible, a MB 300d, but nothing has blown me away like this car.

Very reliable car, bullet proof engine inline 6

by from Palm Springs california on July 29, 2017

Great car , love the handling and reliability , would recommend to anyone that is looking into getting one, just make sure it's been maintained well

Uses car for Havingfun

Amazing

by from on February 12, 2017

I love my 1995 BMW 525i. I have leather seats, power locks and power windows. I couldn't imaging having a more reliable car than a BMW.

Our Expert Review: 1995 Bmw 525