Very Impressive

by from Lancaster, PA on May 4, 2009

Own the 5spd manual. Bought the with 50,000, and now I have over 120,000. Agree with all the prior reviews. It is a dream to drive. I enjoy going to work and coming from work in the car. Being at work is another story! Handles, accelerates, and performs wonderfully. Interior - cup holders broke, AC/heating/ventilation still puzzles me to this day. No other issues besides. AWESOME CAR.

bmw

by from on January 30, 2009

excellent vehical,i couldn't complain about a singal thig, very dependable. bought used for with 100,000, still going

Best car I've ever owned

by from Granger, IN on December 23, 2008

I have owned my 1998 BMW 528 since new. The car has been great and there is a wealth of resources available to keep it up. BMW dealers are very good but expensive, especially for the late model cars. I used the dealer for the first 60k miles, but then moved to a independent german car shop. I saved a ton of money and they treat the car like its their own. The car runs, handles and still looks nearly as good as new after 120,000 miles. But, you have to keep it up. Every year I plan to put $500-$700 per year into it for everything from brakes to tires to something unforeseen. Tech Talk in the Roundel magazine is a great resource.

Solid Chassis and Drivertain - flaky interior

by from Nashville TN on September 12, 2007

I own the manual - no mechanical problems at all. BWM is still a pleasure to drive after nearly 10 years. Gets 30MPG on the highway. The interior is a pain to maintain - you have to just grin when the cupholders break and the power windows fail and plastic parts fall off in your hand. It's still a great car. I've only put 68,000 miles on my '98 - so hope to get another 10 years out of it.

Held Up Great

by from Central NJ on November 12, 2007

I have a 5 Speed manual and wouldn't go with an automatic. The car still accelerates at 60 mph. I don't drive aggressively but have had to move quickly to avoid other drivers and the car held as if it was glued to the ground. Major safety feature is its handling.

Comfort and performance

by from North/Central Califonia on May 17, 2008

I purchased my 528 with 68k miles four years ago. Now, I have 150k. Very comfortable and excellent performance. Passing vehicles is never a problem, excelleration in the 45-65 mph range is smooth and quick. Combined city/hwy driving I average 24.8 mpg and regularly get 30 mpg on the open highway. Repairs... 2 rear window regulators, trunk latch, headlight assembly, radiator (upper hose connection broke by mechanic doing level II service. Not entirely happy with BMW service center, but this could be a local problem. This is my first BMW and it will not be the last. I can settle into the seat and drive Sacramento to Seattle stopping only for gas and restrooms!

Great purchase

by from Baltimore, MD on July 24, 2012

This car is great. It has held up great for its age. Drives great. Definitely worth every penny spent. Had a little water drainage issue but overall a great vehicle.

best well rounded car

by from south haven MI on January 29, 2014

the best car iv owned gets 30 highway and is quick can do 130 with ease interior is very nice heated seats kick butt and all auto window are great

Midwest Auto Center

by from on September 11, 2014

Bought a BMW 528i from Midwest Auto Center and it runs very well, would definitely recommend purchasing a BMW new or used!!!

Happy wife is happy life....she loves it!

by from Sioux Falls, SD on July 17, 2012

We have had 7 BMW's in the family; and this is the best all around vehicle---gets 30 mpg on highway; and handles snow, ice, cold and hot starts. Very comfortable long-distance cruiser---have run over 24hrs. straight several times.

Similar Models