1999 528

1999 BMW 528

1999 BMW 528

4.4

Have You Driven the 1999 BMW 528?

Outstading Cars

by Bill from on Fri Jan 21 2011

I have a 95 5-series with 200,000 miles and am the original owner. In 16 years, no major maintenance, and although I have a bunch of small problems (power windows, leather seats ripping, door locks...) the engine runs GREAT and I do not take care of my cars. I even drive mine on dirt roads and at 80 mph every day to work. Fix it yourself and save lots of cash, they are easier to work on than any Chevy. Don't buy expensive parts from the dealer. The engines are good to 300,000 miles, trans to 400,000 miles. Get one and ride to work or play better than your buds in a brand new (and really expensive) Honda, etc. I still get 28-32 mpg (highway) with my old 5-series. I like this 99 528, and live close-by and need another car...hmmmm.

best car you can buy

by bimmer from on Fri May 14 2010

i have owned 2. most reliable, best performing car for the money. and not expensive to fix like everyone thinks. especially bc it never needs anything.

One of the great cars to own

by geek-exec from Bethesda, MD on Tue Jan 08 2008

I have had my 528 for 8 years and I still love it. I like the styling and how solid it feels. The car handles great, has superb breaks and pretty good acceleration. At times I have coveted to had a 540, but for the price, and what I could afford at the time it was perfect. Before this I drove a VW Jetta GLI. The down payment of my 528 was more than the price I paid for my Jetta which I purchased new also. So when I drove my car home from the dealer I got this weird feeling of whether I just paid all this money of the BMW logo. That's is for sure not the case. I have enjoyed driving this car everytime I have gotten in. On the maintenance end, it is a bit on the expensive side, but that's the price you choose to pay when you own a BMW. The only complaint I have about this car is that the rear taillight tends to go out often. Unlike all other BMW parts, the light bulb is only a few dollars and a snap to change yourself.

Rock solid 528i

by Johnny T. from New York, NY on Sat Mar 29 2008

This car has outperformed my highest expectations. It drives beautifully, is quick enough and handles well enough both to be fun and to get me out of trouble. An added bonus is that the car's styling seems to be timeless--like a Brooks Brothers suit--it was never extremely hip or flashy, but it will never look outdated. The car has 110,000 miles on it, and I plan to keep it going forever. OK, the cupholders are really awful.

This car hugs you!

by Hatticol M from Virginia on Tue Apr 19 2011

Holds the road like it's glued down, steers with precission. Very powerful. Broken in while in EU. Easy on 87 oct., gasoline. Only 1 battery replacement in 11 years. Low maintaince. Downside is that windshield fogs up and it's hard to keep clean if you happen to be damp or rained on and has a blind side issue, be vigilant, always look over your shoulder before changing lanes. This was my 3rd Beemer.

Great car for the price

by BMW owner from Dallas, TX on Fri Jun 16 2006

Tight handling and steering. Car is not a speed demon, but has nice acceleration. Great sound system with 6 CD changer in the trunk. Very good value for the way this car has been maintained.

dont believe all the horror stories

by trust me from Capitol city PA on Wed Oct 10 2012

what more could possibly be said about the 528i. a breathtaking ride in possibly the most well known style BMW is something few people get to appreciate but something everyone should experience. they don't call it the ultimate driving machine for no reason. this car does have its flaws but with enough research any mechanically inclined person can work on these cars with ease... provided you use the correct tools. the only real problem i had with the e39 was the cup holders. the car runs and drives like a dream, I've literally never driven anything like a BMW.i drove this car up and down the east coast, i bought one in Florida and drove it home to Pennsylvania. I drove back and fourth from Pennsylvania to various states such as North Carolina, Virginia, and Massachusetts, and was making these trips every other weekend for better part of 4 years. i ended up blowing the head gasket and found out there were three small cracks in the head. i drove the car from Chesapeake VA, to the Pennsylvania-Maryland state line with the temp gauge in the red (3 hours of driving in the red) before the head gasket finally blew, i had to dolly it the rest of the way home, but after i had the head replaced the car ran better than ever it was like brand new again up until about two weeks ago when i drove it off the road through someones yard and into a ditch, now its totaled which brings me here. I've driven many cars and trucks but nothing can compare to a BMW.

Very nice vehicle

by steering my way through life from Chicago on Mon Apr 02 2012

I'm very satisfied with my purchase, a lot of vehicle for the price and only a few manageable and minor repairs to restore to excellent condition.

Valuable

by Booker art from Los Angeles, CA on Tue May 29 2007

This car is an amazing luxurious type of a car. It consists of many features that brings comfort to the driver and the passengers. The looks of the car is the nicest body type from other BMW's.

Most reliable car I have owned without any issues.

by Arthurbudnik from Staten Island new york on Sun Sep 17 2017

Very comfortable nice ride. Stylish yet sporty I have not gotten any issues with the car, mainly did regular maintenance. Rides smooth and fast for a heavy car like this. Still an economical car.

1 2