2008 528

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

2008 BMW 528i -- The most reliable car I've owned

by The Ultimate Driving Machine from Naples, FL on December 2, 2010

My 2008 BMW 528i, now has 31,000 miles and still performs flawlessly. I have not had any problems whatsoever. The tires still have approximately 65% life on them and they are the originals. BMW quality is unmatched, I have been inside of many, many high end cars. The BMW service is outstanding, 6 year 100,000 mile warranty and 4 year 50,000 miles of free maintenance. The handling and ride are second to none. The steering is so precise, you'd swear it was laser guided. My car gets 27 MPG, there is literally nothing NOT to like about this car. I highly recommend this car even if you purchase certified pre-owned as I did. After all, they don't call any car "The Ultimate Driving Machine".

Best of all cars out there. No comparison.

by BMW 528 XI Owner from Chicago, IL on December 2, 2010

Great Vehicle. Perfectly an 'Ultimate Driving Machine'. The color is Silver titanium. I drove acura and lexus earlier, those were good too but when it comes to BMW, nothing beats it. There may be tactics for safety to make other car win safety crash test. But look at the history of number of crash and number of death in a BMW vehicle. You will be surprised to see that BMW is one of the most reliable car in the world.

BMW 2008 528 xi

by BMW fan from Shrewsbury, MA on September 25, 2010

I purchased my BMW 528 xi used with 35,000 miles. The car is fantastic to drive. It feels solid and the quality of the materials is fantastic. Leather and wood with German design on the inside scream sport and luxury. Exterior styling is sleek and while the 528 engine is the smallest offered by BMW, it has plenty of power and sport mode is like adding a turbo boost. I drive close to 100 miles round trip per day and I love every minute of it the 528xi.

Incredible Car

by Sold on BMW's from Virginia on December 14, 2010

Never, never thought I would own a BMW. Just thought everything I had heard was hype. After test driving three different models (528, 535 and Z4) I was hooked. I've never driven a car so "tight" and responsive. The inline V-6 is so smooth. Everything on the car is rock solid. You almost feel invincible when driving the car and the faster you go, the better it responds. The interior is well thought out and comfortable. I'm 6'-3" and there is plenty of head and leg room. My only complaint is the lack of center console storage space. One noteworthy feature is the ability to personalize/program just about every function and feature on the car. For example, you can set not only how hot the heated seats should be, but also which part of your body should receive the most heat. The 6-speed Steptronic transmission is great. It's fun to drive in the "manual" mode and gives the car a sporty feel. Mileage is great considering how much emphasis is placed on performance. On a recent 500+ mile trip I was averaging between 29 and 31 mpg on the highway at about 70 mph. One bit of advice. If you're considering a BMW take you time if buying used. Many 2 and 3 old BMW's have been driven very hard. I looked for 2 months and contacted or visited eleven dealerships. If buying from a dealer, ensure the car is BMW Certified, which will extend the warranty, bumper to bumper, for two years.

Best Car I've Owned

by CarGuy from Allen, TX on February 27, 2012

I bought a used 528i about two months ago an couldn't be happier with it. It is still under factory warranty until November 2012 and that was a big thing for me when shopping for a BMW. About two weeks after the purchase I noticed a ticking sound coming from the engine which sounded like a sticky lifter. I took it to BMW and it turns out there was a service bulletin about this very problem and they fixed it without any charge to me. Good thing because the fix was to replace the head, a very expensive solution! I really love the styling inside and out and the materials used are noticibly better than the domestic cars I've owned. Steering and handling are great and make the car that much more fun to drive. Fuel economy is ok, about 21 mpg with my mostly surface street driving but when I get on the highway I can consistently get 31 or better. I am now a bimmer fan for life.

The BEST Sports sedan on the road...bar NONE!

by My Bach from on November 28, 2009

This car is incredible where do I start? The first day I took delivery of this car I was amazed. I purchased the 2008 528i, with Navigation, Comfort Access, Xenon headlights & ipod/iphone integration. There is roughly 16,000 miles on the odometer and 8 months later, as happy as the day I took delivery of the vehicle. I previously owned a 2003 525i, which was severely underpowered with a mere 185 HP. This 528i has 215 HP, more than ample power. The handling on the 528i is astounding, is it like no other car I have ever driven, you feel so connected to the road and steer through the curves and turns with ease. Also, the ride of this car is plush, even on rough pavement you don't feel much more than an aplomb (all absorbed by the suspension) The interior of this car, is of the highest quality, panel gaps are as tight as I have ever seen in a car (take note American car manufacturers) The leather on the seating, armrests and door panels are made to last through tough use over time. Even down to the headliner, it is made from the fabric they used in the old-school 1970's and 1980's Mercedes.

Great Ride

by Bemer 1 from Houston, Tx. on July 21, 2011

She is a great ride. I get around 34mpg. in her. I drive over 110 miles a day. The 528i is a smother ride than the Mercedes. I am thinking about purchasing another one, may be the 700 series.

So this is what a car should should drive like!

by Vehicle Enthusiast from Rochester, MI on January 28, 2009

Last month I purchased a 2009 BMW 535I. Prior to this purchase I have never owned a BMW vehicle, my previous vehicle was a Mercedes Benz. When I drove the BMW 5 Series for the first time I was taken back by the stability, and solidness of the car. I have driven alot of nice vehicles over the years, but nothing that compared to the control and handling this 5 Series offers. With every day that I drive it I am even more impressed with the handling of the car. Cornering, accelerating, braking, at all times you feel you are in complete control of the car. The amount of confidence and securuty driving this vehicle is unmatched with anything else I have ever driven. I would venture to say I will be a BMW owner for life. I just wish I would have driven one sooner. Also I was very impressed that the maintenance is all included with the car. BMW covers the cost of brake pads, scheduled maintenance, everything for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Great Value with this vehicle.

Great Handling

by Mr. BMW from Dallas, Texas on June 9, 2010

The 5-Series has a good performance ride and is not too big of a luxury car. The car has great performance coupled and is a great mid size vehicle.

It's a BMW!

by Hooked on the Ultimate Driving Machine! from Atlanta, GA on September 27, 2007

Great car but could be improved. I just traded a 2000 740iL for the 528i. The steering is very sensitive and will take some getting use to. I find myself over-controlling and weaving slightly from side to side on the highway but it's great for those curvy back roads. Center console could be improved and more spacious by moving the emergency brake down with the other foot pedals. Like the 7 series, it has terrible cup holders in the dash that could be placed in an improved center console. The driver's side cup holder's were stuck and wouldn't open in every one of the pre-owned 5 series cars. The driver's cup holder blocks the passenger climate control when open. The holders are very flimsy and the dealer broke one when he hit it with his knee while egressing out the passenger's side of the car. Germans obviously don't drink coffee or soda's in a car. The iDrive information system is complex and takes some time to learn your way through the menus. The iDrive menu button would seem to be better if placed in front of the controller to make it more like a mouse on a computer. You have to use your thumb or take your hand off the controller to press with your finger which makes it a bit awkard. Trunk is very spacious and the lid opens completly but needs a pretty good arm to close and doesn't have the electric assist to finish pulling the trunk lid down and closing it for you. A bit pricey for the entry level 5 series, but free (or "pre-paid) maintenance, free Sirius satellite radio subscription and free Emergency assist service is a plus. Maintenance can be expensive for a BMW. A bit more noisy on the highway than I expected and "stiff", but overall a good combination for cruising the highway or performing in the city. It has Bluetooth connectivity for a cell phone that is really nice if you have a phone that works with the system. It uses your exsisting cell service to allow voice command, hands free conversations. Check their website for compatible phones. I guess I'm a bit picky after having a top of the line, luxury 7 series and a fun convertible 3 series. Overall, a basic and very safe "family" car with great BMW performance and styling.

1 2 3 4