2010 528

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Worst Car Ever!!!!!!

by Aaron from Jacksonville, Alabama on March 24, 2018

2010 BMW 528i.......Most unreliable car I've owned or witnessed anyone one. Every few months it's another expensive repair. And when it's something wrong with this car BMW made it where the car shuts down and will only go 40 mph to make it undriveable. I've spent $8,500 in repairs and I've only had this vehicle 12 months. When I first got the car I was already planning to upgrade to a 7 series cause I loved this car and how well it drove but now after it being so unreliable I would NEVER EVER purchase another BMW as long as I live.

Great Choice

by triguy from Philadelphia, PA on February 25, 2013

I owned a series III and series IV Jag, and then an E class MB prior to buying the BMW. I was actually in the market for another E class and decided to check out the 5 series. I was impressed with the handling and interior design when I test drove it. I looked around until I found an X drive with all of the features.........I love it. Although it is in the same price range as the E class I really feel that I have more car for the money. Drives great, excellent technology, nice looks, maintenance included! I highly recommend it.

My first BMW

by BMW Mark from Howell, Michigan on March 13, 2015

I'd never owned a BMW before. And I wasn't certain I really wanted to own one. But I had heard some very good things about the in-line 6 cyl engine. So I bought mine used in 2014. It's a 2010 and it had about 78k miles on the clock. My first trip was a drive from Michigan to Florida and back. Wow!! What a nice car!! Great performance and very comfortable. And surprising fuel economy. The only shortfalls is the premium fuel requirement. Actually it's a recommendation. I've been burning midgrade fuel and the car runs great. After being in storage for a few months the battery kept running down so I replaced the battery which was more expensive (done at the dealer) than I would have expected. I would have installed the battery myself but the car was showing all different codes in the instrument panel. And the battery apparently needs to be aligned with the vehicle. Anyway, it's still a terrific road car. Love driving it long distances. I have no apprehension of clocking well over 100k miles in this car.

My first BMW experience . . .

by BMW Rookie from NJ on April 4, 2013

I've had my CPO 528xi for one month and it is all around better (by far) than any new car from any other brand that I've ever driven -- excellent torque, superior handling and surprisingly good gas mileage, plus all the interior amenities of a luxury car.

Too many problem

by Supa from Maryland on March 28, 2018

Will be trading it in, only good thing is that it is good on gas beside that it stays in the shop so don't do it.

BMW 528Ix

by BMW girl from Binghamton NY on November 2, 2013

Love the car! Few things I am not thrilled about: First - cup holders are not the quality you would expect from a high end car Second - I would think programmable garage door openers would be standard on all vehicles. Other than that the car is everything I would hope it to be!

Have money

by Rance from Fayetteville, AR on August 22, 2017

Ultimate driving machine yes, ultimate money pit yes. Amazing when everything is working. A nightmare when it is not. Notorious for electrical problems. A true love hate relationship unless you don't mind throwing gobs of money at it consistently and unexpectedly.

Does not recommend this car!!

BMW means break my wallet

by AZCarBuff from Phoenix Arizona on July 24, 2017

Signature BMW sedan that has the suspension and performance that you would expect for this price range. The interior is designed for performance minded drivers and doesn't really have creature comforts for everyday commuting. At 86,000 miles the maintenance and repairs started adding up quickly. If paying for extensive maintenance, upkeep and repairs are not included in your budget, then I wouldn't buy an older BMW that's out of warranty. New BMWs have the best maintenance plan of high performance sedans in this category, 3 years which includes most wear and tear items. After the warranty runs out, plan on spending some cash to maintain the performance. Definitely looks more pleasing to the eye and has the luxury reputation as compared to competitor models, hence the prestige of owning a BMW.

Smoothest Quietest Comfortable Drive

by BMW Devotee from Valparaiso, IN on July 30, 2017

This all wheel drive 528i XDrive is very Well Balanced car which handles on the road very well in all weather, especially in snowy subzero temps & icy road conditions. Best car I've ever owned. This is my second BMW. This 2010 is the last year the style of headlights & taillights looked like smiling eyes. Love it. I previously owned a 2001 BMW 540i which was not all wheel drive & it was so well balanced that all wheel drive really wasn't needed. I have back trouble & being able to slide in with the leather seats is wonderful. I love the heated seats & steering wheel. The adaptive Xenon headlights are a must for style. I do wish this 528 had the back window shades like my 540 did. I put 150,000 miles on that 540i. I'm halfway there with this 528 ....Overall this is an excellent reliable well handled vehicle, suits my need for dependability & style. I will be purchasing BMW as long as I can afford them. Even more comfortable than a Jaguar no comparison.

Buy this car

by Alexis from Boulder, CO on November 19, 2012

Oh how I miss my BMW! If I was in the market for a new car, this would be the one I would buy because there is no doubt Cindy took EXCELLENT care of it.

1 2 3