2013 528

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

IMPOSSIBLE TO TOW OR SERVICE IN A TIMELY FASHION

by Greenwich from GREENWICH CT on March 6, 2014

NICE CAR BUT NEVER ACHIEVES MPG THEY ADVERTISE. YOU GET 20MPG AT MOST WHEN YOU'RE IN ECO MODE WHICH IS LIKE DRIVING AN ECONOMY CAR (NO PICKUP) GOOD LUCK FINDING A TOW TRUCKS DRIVER TO CLIMB UNDERNEATH TO PUT IT IN NEUTRAL. HOW STUDID IS THAT DESIGN? BMW SERVICE HAD TO GO TO GERMANY TO GET MUFFLER PARTS - A DELAY OF 2 MONTHS AND THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE A LOANER CAR FOR ME.

Very comfortable

by doug from fort myers FL on February 10, 2014

This is my first 5 series, I have had it for a month. It is very comfortable and quiet yet it has great performance and handling. Interior is very attractive, well finished and roomy. Trunk space is fine. I had a 3 series before which was great but this is better in most ways.

LOVE THIS VEHICLE

by orlandito from MICHIGAN on July 13, 2013

THIS IS MY SECOND BMW 5 SERIES AND I CAN TELL YOU I DO LOVE THIS VEHICLE VERY MUCH, THE GAS MILEAGE IS AMAZING AND ALL OF THE OPTIONS INCLUDING THE HEAD UP DISPLAY ARE REALLY SWEET, I TRY THE AUDI AND OTHER BRANDS BUT I DINT SEE ANY OTHER CAR LIKE THIS,IF YOU ARE LOOKING THE 5 SERIES IS THE ONE.

Excellent car

by Understated guy from Atlanta on July 23, 2013

This is my third five series since 2003. This is an excellent car. It feels like an older model seven series but remains fun to drive. I had a tire issue, but it was fixed by BMW. It is comfortable, luxurious, in Sport mode, it is fun to drive. It's a little well, comfortable in comfort mode. They only thing I don't like is the auto on/off, and you can turn that off.

third 5 series

by peter f from conn on October 21, 2013

never have problems with the 5 series in 9 years. new one get"s great gas mileage like the 3 types of transmissions and the best way to get a great deal is to lease last years model

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best car I?ve ever owned ??

by Beamer Lover from Miami, FL on April 13, 2018

This car just drives very well. Very sturdy and fast! The style is classic BMW, a beauty. I?ve owned it for 6 years and have never had an issue. Highly recommend this vehicle for both performance and style.

Fun to drive, but...

by LTP from on May 18, 2017

This car has been a blast to drive, but it's not as comfortable as I would have expected from something in this price range. If you're looking for a driver's car, this is it. Family haulers should look elsewhere.

A cheap piece of junk!!

by lns from Knoxville, TN on August 29, 2016

I bought a 2013 CPO 528XI and I also got the 100K warranty. Lucky I did. The first thing I noticed was the door panels and console covering coloring coming off. The tan interior on the door panels and console was turning black. At first I thought it was dirt. But when I started ?cleaning? it I realized it was actually the tan coloring coming off. Brake rotors have to be replaced every 25,000 of highway driving. Next BMW had to replace the transaxle. Then the turbo charger and all lines had to be replaced. It uses a quart of oil every 6,000 miles. BMW says that is normal. After turbo replaced, my gas mileage has gone down by 4 MPG. I?m 66 years of age and I have had many cars in my life time. But in all honestly, I can actually say this is the worse car I have ever owned. And BTW, I have owned, everything from Mercedes to VWs to Corvettes to Chevy trucks.

AMAZING CAR!!

by jeffingbmich from Grand Blanc, MI on April 17, 2013

First, must say that this is our third 528i, the second with xdrive. They keep giving you more for your money without a significant price increase (now heated rear seats, fold-down rear seat, full power moon roof, better stereo, etc. included). The styling, both inside and out, keeps getting more refined and classic. Second, don't let the 2.0 l 4 cyl. scare you away. The twin turbo is crazy fast and fun to drive. Put it in sport mode and go! And put it in economy mode on the highway and it'll get 32 mpg at 80 mph. And the awd/xdrive is the best of our three awd vehicles, including our Jeep. Go get one! You will love it! BTW, why is that 2008 review in here dragging the 2013 down? I'm just sayin'! ;-)

very disappointed, given BMWs reputation.

by 3legacy from Maryland on March 12, 2013

I have a 2008 528xi, it recently had to go into the shop for repairs, with an expired warranty, imagine that! steering wheel sensor at $1,700.00, an oil filter housing gasket leak plus transmission seal leak at $1,200.00. You can imagine my disappointment! I'm sorry, but I have a major problem with an automaker like BMW with a reputation of building 'world class' autos, building a car that develops leaks with only 60,000 miles on the car!(this is the 2nd BMW I've had with the oil filter housing gasket issue!). Needless to say after complaining to BMW about it, they informed me they would NOT be reimbursing me for the repairs! So next week I'm going to an Audi dealer, maybe they can build cars that don't leak!

1 2 3