2001 BMW 530 Consumer Reviews

4.3
Average based on 7 reviews

Sweeetttt !!!

by from Atlanta, GA. on July 26, 2010

I recently bought a 2001 530i with Sport pkg. and have never looked back. This car does everything just right - goes like heck, stops on a dime, and everything in between. It does it all so perfectly you just can't explain it. You have to drive one to experience the difference.

Most fun sports sedan family car in my garage

by from Troy,OH on February 13, 2012

My wife and I searched for a 5 series E39 for 6 weeks and finally found what we were looking for - a 2001 530i Anthracite Metallic with black leather, 5 speed manual that got 30.5 MPG on our 2 hour trip home. The technology in the car is advanced for its age, but behind the current times. However, the handling, brakes, performance, comfort level and looks make an ideal package. Quite a value for a car with 132,000 miles (you would never know it). It had a new clutch and new tires and runs like a new car. We are completely satisfied and would recommend a private dealer who specializes in upscale foreign cars who knows their business like the dealer we found. They had the car 5 days and gave us $500 off for being the first to make an offer. That matched Edmund's valuation exactly. Take it from me, take your time, look hard, test drive many, and do your CarFax. You will make a better decision. But don't tary too long on a good deal as they don't last long. Later.

Timeless design with impeccable road manners

by from Stonington, CT on May 10, 2010

I have a 525i as well but the 530i is more powerful. However, it has had a few suspension issues while the 525i has not. This car is glued to the road, is quick, econimical, and a delight to drive.

Best handling vehicle I have ever owned

by from Baltimore on February 3, 2014

after 11 different BMWs this has been the most efficient and best handling vehicle I have owned yet.

Truly the Ultimate Driving Machine

by from Brooklyn, NY on February 25, 2007

I have always like BMW's but now that I own one I must say that is it the ultimate driving machine. From the low end torque to the superb steering and handling - it's just amazing. I live in New York so that its heavy stop and go traffic and that does a number on your gas mileage but on the highway you can drive a comfortable 80mph and still get 28mpg. There is no mistaking the look either, you drive a BMW and everyone notices - the angel eyes heavenly (mind the pun). The interior can be thought of as a little bland for such an upscale car but all the buttons are well within reach and prove themselves to be rather functional. Overall the car is excellent!!!

2001 530I

by from Wisconsin on February 19, 2010

I have previously owned Acura-Legend and Lexus, Bimmer is the best in overall handling & performance, got a lot of head turner, but it is expansive when it needs to be repaired.

Do Indpenant Inspection

by from Louisville, KY on January 4, 2013

The car has any issues, malfunction fuel pump, noisy heater blower motor, popping noise in front wheels, poor alignment, rattling driver door. Total out of pocket repair bill $ 1,500.00. If you are travelling long distance to pick up a car, do independent inspection before picking up the car. Once you leave the car lot, you are on your own.