Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2003 530

2003 BMW 530

2003 BMW 530

Have You Driven the 2003 BMW 530?

Balanced

by BMW from Chicago on Fri Mar 30 2018

I have owned two 2003 BMW 530i M sports (E39) and the build quality is second to none. I have also owned many more expensive European sedans and SUV's and I have still never found the balance the older E39 sedan offers. The strong 3 liter 6 cylinder engine in the 530i is the staple of BMW and maybe one the best they have ever developed. The quite smooth effortless power is alway right where you want it and once on an open road the handeling and performance will take away the need for a sports car. Trully a fan of this wonderfully put together BMW sedan and I wonder with all of the new technology advancements such as electronic steering in newer cars will this ever give you the feel of the road like the E39 does?

Great handler, black with black interior.

by BMW Fan from Richardson,tx on Mon Dec 19 2011

Car has good performace and great handling, the steering is excellent with good feedback. The power seats and the radio display are messed up like in most of the ones I looked at around this age. Leather and interior are in excellent shape. Interior storge is very limited and cup holders are useless. CD player doesn't seem to be able to play MP3 CD's but can play home made music CD's. Paint is still in great condition

Great when bought used

by locomotive Breath from VA on Thu May 15 2008

I bought my 2003 530i used in Nov 2006. With the luxury package and the cold weather package and extended full service, the bill ran up to 30K. Mine is a 530i with a 5 speed manual. I am very satisfied with my purchase. The manual makes this car a treat to drive. Its exhilarating to be able to make this car go from 80 mph to 100 mph with only a slight tap of the gas. Of course, I wouldn't recommend it :) but I love it rach time I am able to do that. So far I've not had any maintenance issues. My only complaints are the absence of auto dimming side view mirrors (the rear view is auto dimming, so why the heck couldn't they do the same with side view mirrors?!), an average music system and tight room in the rear. Luckily I rarely have someone sit in the back. This car is a treat to drive. The gears shift very smoothly and the 5th gear has a lot of juice so I am able to easily coast in 5th in a 35 mph zone. I don't recommend driving this car in the snow with regular tires though. The reason I say great when bought used it because the full sticker price is 45K+ and somehow the gripes become bigger at that price. I'd rather let someone wealthier than me bear the depreciation :). I think this is true for all BMWs.

truly remarkable

by bmw44ever from Los Angeles, CA on Thu Jul 15 2010

I have had this car for about a year now and i cannot imagine driving anything else. It is very comfortable and corners better than cars that are much more smaller than it. Truly an incredible car.

fun,sporty and luxurious car!!!

by loving my beamer! from colchester, CT on Mon May 16 2011

We looked and test drove several vehicles before purchasing our beamer! So glad we didn't buy the first one we saw and took our time looking on cars.com!! Easy to use sight helped us narrow down the car we wanted!! We love our beamer!!!

2003 530i - "The ultimate driving machine"

by Mutsky from Bloomington, IN on Tue Aug 19 2014

My second 5 series as my first one took out a deer one morning. Still impressed by the driving mannerisms this car has in all situations. Outstanding feedback combined with a rock like stability that inspires a confidence in driving that few autos on the road can match. After 10 years it doesn't squeak, rattle or vibrate...amazing value for the engineering that has gone into the car. The leather seats are a little on the firm side for my taste, but the car feels so good, its almost like it knows where you want to go. The German way of doing things takes a little getting used to, but once learned, one develops a strange attraction to it. The a 3.0 liter six is a marvelous engine worthy of much praise...revs freely, moves the car with authority and gets excellent mileage...I hope they never stop making this engine as it is the soul of this car. Buy one and drive it like you stole it...you'll be impressed!

Great ride

by 1976bmw2002tii from california on Tue Feb 26 2008

The cup holders are not practical.Don't be fooled by the size of this car,it handles great .I also enjoy the M package on this car it's a must.

Seek out one of these gems

by Dan from Rhode Island on Sat Mar 15 2008

I found my silver sport- package equipped model with nav and low (27K) miles for about $30,000. I think these were about $54k new. Great performance. My favorite of all body styles. Quiet!!!. Don't even think about driving in the snow with the z-rated tires. Only downside is the rather short tire life. Test drive one to feel what a real sports sedan is like.

2003 530i

by ken.mcdevitt from Bluavelt, ny on Thu Mar 15 2018

Brakes are really awesome. Acceleration is really great. If I could buy one again, I would. That is why I am looking for another BMW.

Sexy car iff you can afford the maintenance.

by 76bimmer from New York on Sun Sep 19 2010

I currently own 2 BMWs and admire the engineering that has been put into these cars. However, I am constantly amazed at what appears to be a lack of desire to improve their known high-failure parts. How can they be so superior in many design aspects yet so subpar on the quality of some of their systems? Is it part of their service strategy? Case in point concerns my 2003 530. The plastic parts on their cooling systems are known to fail prematurely (~60K - 90K miles). However the replacement parts still appear to be made of the same inferior plastics. Other parts are known to have premature failure such as the Vanos seals, the instrument cluster pixels , cup holders, FSU, seat belt retractors, etc. The 530 is a beautiful car but I warn any buyer of their very very high maintenace cost. For a $50K car, in my opinion the reliability does not cut the mustard. As a long time BMW fan, I am dissapointed in the marketing philosophy of making a car that will last through the warranty period with minimal maintenance and then let the buyer beware. This is born out by the increasing reluctance of anyone to purchase BMWs beyond their warranty period. Sorry Germany, but that's the way I see it.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4