2003 Bmw 530

Best Car I've ever had

by from Cary NC on August 14, 2017

The 530 (last year of the E39 series) is nearly the perfect car. It has a classic timeless design, excellent handling , firm but comfortable ride, excellent steering and feedback, good acceleration while providing 30+ mpg on the highway. I've driven this car for 12+ years (longer than any other car I've owned). It's never left me stranded but will require regular and expensive maintenance.

2001-2003 BMW 530 is by one of the best cars ever!

by from Albuquerque, NM on July 9, 2017

2001-2003 BMW 530 is by one of the best cars ever! I've owned a 2001 and looking for another! It flys, amazing performance & ride!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Timeless design

by from Rockaway NJ on May 12, 2017

Great looking vehicle. Have wanted to buy it 10 years ago, but couldn't afford at the time. Purchased after 13 years. Car has tons of power from the inline 6 cylinder 3.0L engine. The E39 2003 BMW 530i is a pleasure to drive and is one of the more reliable vehicles of recent years. The manual transmission is great to drive with nicely spaced gear ratios. Good power achieved in all gears. All power options and function of instruments was well thought out.

Best 5 Series ever built

by from nj on April 1, 2017

This is without a doubt the best 5 series ever built. It's a fuel efficient 6 cylinder that gets me 30mpg. Comfortable and reliable ride.

mine has 311000 miles

by from lebanon on November 24, 2015

I have an 03 e39 530iA sport package and it has 311000 miles and still drives like new, all original with no issues great car fast with class. rides great handles even better and gets looks everywhere I go. Impressive stereo, and style but seats aren't fat boy friendly lol but I would buy it again definatly worth it

Best Car I Ever Owned

by from East Coast, USA on October 21, 2015

I recently just turned in my 2003 530i (e39) after hitting the 100,000 mile marker. Didn't do so because of the mileage but rather I wanted to get a more Winter friendly family orientated SUV (went with a pre-owned 2010 X3 6 speed manual). While I like my new ride, I do miss the sportiness that came with the e39. I was still getting complements on the exterior of that 11 year old classic BMW look before I sold it. Aside from the cup holder annoyance (which I found a better fix for) and the usual maintenance that is know for this car, it ran like a champ and was rarely in the shop. If you find one with low mileage, grab it and go have fun, just be sure to get yourself a set of Winter tires if you plan on seeing snow in it.

2003 530i - "The ultimate driving machine"

by from Bloomington, IN on August 19, 2014

My second 5 series as my first one took out a deer one morning. Still impressed by the driving mannerisms this car has in all situations. Outstanding feedback combined with a rock like stability that inspires a confidence in driving that few autos on the road can match. After 10 years it doesn't squeak, rattle or vibrate...amazing value for the engineering that has gone into the car. The leather seats are a little on the firm side for my taste, but the car feels so good, its almost like it knows where you want to go. The German way of doing things takes a little getting used to, but once learned, one develops a strange attraction to it. The a 3.0 liter six is a marvelous engine worthy of much praise...revs freely, moves the car with authority and gets excellent mileage...I hope they never stop making this engine as it is the soul of this car. Buy one and drive it like you stole it...you'll be impressed!

Great Car, Fun to Drive, Reliable

by from Madison, WI on March 23, 2013

Bought this car in late 2007 used. It has been very reliable, and fun to drive. Slick shifting 5 speed, and nice handling. Minor issues with radio display which I think are typical of this vintage BMW. Overall very comfortable, suprisingly efficient luxury/sport machine. I recommend this year and model highly

Nice car but has serious issues

by from Kansas on August 28, 2012

I purchased this car and it went back the next day. This car has oil press issues. London motors has worked on it several times and the problem still exist.

Great handler, black with black interior.

by from Richardson,tx on December 19, 2011

Car has good performace and great handling, the steering is excellent with good feedback. The power seats and the radio display are messed up like in most of the ones I looked at around this age. Leather and interior are in excellent shape. Interior storge is very limited and cup holders are useless. CD player doesn't seem to be able to play MP3 CD's but can play home made music CD's. Paint is still in great condition