2007 BMW 530 Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 20 reviews

Great car

by from Dallas on May 24, 2011

Great car. Great performace and luxury. Ideal for people who love good engineering and the comfort. Highly recommended.

I miss my car when I'm away from it

by from Los Angeles, CA on March 9, 2011

Overall, I love this car. It gets a few fours because of performance (I got a 535 as a loaner from the dealer and I realize what I don't have under the hood-my fault though); interior design (no storage space or places for glasses, cell phones, etc); value for the money (bought it used CPO but I am dreading repair bills in the future -quoted $700 for a new battery at the dealer!? paid $550 at a local BMW specialist); and reliability (have owned it for 1 year with no problems yet). Overall though, I am extremely happy with the look, feel and performance. Very fun car to drive. Part of me wants to drive this car for a very long time but another part wants to upgrade to a 540 or 550...choices choices!

Nice Sedan

by from Boston, MA area on February 13, 2012

Bought Used with 25K miles in Jan 2012. Bought 530xi version with a 6 SPD MT. - Drives well. Pleasure to drive. - Comfortable even for tall folks. - Back seat is decent sized for a mid-sized sedan. Fits - 4 good sized adults in front/back seats. - Excellent gas mileage (23-24 mpg combined, 20 city, 27+ Highway) for such a peppy and powerful engine (255 HP). Engine is very smooth. Mid 6 seconds to 60 from a stop. - Quiet cabin, but not super quiet. - Big trunk -Navigation package appears to work well - Voice command appears to work well - I have split folding rear seats. Very desirable option- - Exterior door lighting nice feature, but not must have. Aspects that I don't like. - Standard Sound system marginal. Okay sounding, but I have heard many better in less expensive cars. - Comfort access keys need to be programmed at dealer and dealer charges ~$150 to do. My car came with only one key, so I had to buy another for $175 and if I wanted it to have the comfort access controls, another $150 for programming. - Display when playing radio or CD doesn't have song title/artist at least for Standard Radio. - No Visor sunglasses holder or any sunglasses holder. - Poor cup holders. Won't hold anything easily except a 12 ounce can can or 12 oz cup. - Cup holders in awkward position. - No coin holder - iPod /Aux plug (optional) in arm rest on side near back seat and not in dash area - Requires premium gas (91 octane), but all BMWs I think do now. Overall I am pleased with the car especially since I purchased it with 25K miles for < 1/2 price new. ~$60K new)

Surprise on gas economy

by from Kansas City, MO on December 22, 2010

Bought it used in 2010 while on vacation. 1300+ mile drive home averaged 33mpg at 75mph, including driving in MD, WV and PA mountains. Very comfortable and smooth on the highway. It's still under the 4y/50k maint and warranty but haven't had any issues after 3-mos. the TPM did detect a 1lb psi "problem" in one tire...that's very sensitive!

GREAT RIDE

by from Louisville Kentucky on September 23, 2010

I traded my LS400 Lexus for my BMW and I loved everything about it. I opted for the black with the peanut butter interior. Very sharp car.

My German tiger

by from S California on November 3, 2009

very nice and stylist car. Runs and handles great. The free maintenace is a blessing, and on board compture monitors everything on your car and tells you what needs to be done. bought it used and have had it for 18 months now and getting a lot of compliments and wow from freinds and collegues...if you like good handling and fun car to drive, this is it...

Great to Drive- but not for passenger storage

by from Northern California on March 25, 2010

Wow, what a great car- have the X drive and it is unbelievable to drive in the snow. Would be nice if the winter package heated the windshield jets as that is a problem. Everything is great except for there is not a lot of compartments to put sunglasses, notepads, or little extras you may need...Idrive is great....only downside is does lack the ability to maintain new business names. Traffic info is great and really good nav system. Handling, mileage, comfort is fantastic. Glad I didn't own one of these earlier in life as I will never be able to go back to a simple "car."

Accurate and Superb Handling

by from Penang, Malaysia on November 16, 2006

I bought a BMW 530i in June 2006 and had driven the car along the North South Highway from Penang to Malacca. I used to own an earlier model of the 525i but did not have the power and the optional Active Steering that came with my present model. I could feel the enormous difference in handling both at high and slow speeds. The precision in steering and cornering is commendable, although I did misjudge a slow bend because of the dead accuracy of its Active Steering. Something you need to be familiar with! By the way, my 530i is shod with 18" rim and Michelin Pilot Sport 2 245/40 ZR

2007 BMW 530i

by from Albuquerque, NM on January 29, 2010

May just be the finest car made. Excellent compromise between ride comfort and handling. Excellent driver - absolutely wonderful on the highway. I plan to keep it for a long, long time.

Love my BMW

by from League City, TX on October 3, 2011

This was an excellent choice. Decent performance, great fuel economy. I am really pleased with my purchase! Definitely would recommend!!