2007 530

4.5 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.3 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

I miss my car when I'm away from it

by Dean from Los Angeles, CA on March 9, 2011

Overall, I love this car. It gets a few fours because of performance (I got a 535 as a loaner from the dealer and I realize what I don't have under the hood-my fault though); interior design (no storage space or places for glasses, cell phones, etc); value for the money (bought it used CPO but I am dreading repair bills in the future -quoted $700 for a new battery at the dealer!? paid $550 at a local BMW specialist); and reliability (have owned it for 1 year with no problems yet). Overall though, I am extremely happy with the look, feel and performance. Very fun car to drive. Part of me wants to drive this car for a very long time but another part wants to upgrade to a 540 or 550...choices choices!

Great to Drive- but not for passenger storage

by Ultimate Driving Machine from Northern California on March 25, 2010

Wow, what a great car- have the X drive and it is unbelievable to drive in the snow. Would be nice if the winter package heated the windshield jets as that is a problem. Everything is great except for there is not a lot of compartments to put sunglasses, notepads, or little extras you may need...Idrive is great....only downside is does lack the ability to maintain new business names. Traffic info is great and really good nav system. Handling, mileage, comfort is fantastic. Glad I didn't own one of these earlier in life as I will never be able to go back to a simple "car."

Nice Sedan

by Pearson10M from Boston, MA area on February 13, 2012

Bought Used with 25K miles in Jan 2012. Bought 530xi version with a 6 SPD MT. - Drives well. Pleasure to drive. - Comfortable even for tall folks. - Back seat is decent sized for a mid-sized sedan. Fits - 4 good sized adults in front/back seats. - Excellent gas mileage (23-24 mpg combined, 20 city, 27+ Highway) for such a peppy and powerful engine (255 HP). Engine is very smooth. Mid 6 seconds to 60 from a stop. - Quiet cabin, but not super quiet. - Big trunk -Navigation package appears to work well - Voice command appears to work well - I have split folding rear seats. Very desirable option- - Exterior door lighting nice feature, but not must have. Aspects that I don't like. - Standard Sound system marginal. Okay sounding, but I have heard many better in less expensive cars. - Comfort access keys need to be programmed at dealer and dealer charges ~$150 to do. My car came with only one key, so I had to buy another for $175 and if I wanted it to have the comfort access controls, another $150 for programming. - Display when playing radio or CD doesn't have song title/artist at least for Standard Radio. - No Visor sunglasses holder or any sunglasses holder. - Poor cup holders. Won't hold anything easily except a 12 ounce can can or 12 oz cup. - Cup holders in awkward position. - No coin holder - iPod /Aux plug (optional) in arm rest on side near back seat and not in dash area - Requires premium gas (91 octane), but all BMWs I think do now. Overall I am pleased with the car especially since I purchased it with 25K miles for < 1/2 price new. ~$60K new)

Great car

by Bob from Dallas on May 24, 2011

Great car. Great performace and luxury. Ideal for people who love good engineering and the comfort. Highly recommended.

GREAT RIDE

by CHOCOLATE from Louisville Kentucky on September 23, 2010

I traded my LS400 Lexus for my BMW and I loved everything about it. I opted for the black with the peanut butter interior. Very sharp car.

Amazing performance and very comfortable

by JM79 from CA on May 3, 2018

This vehicle is one of the most comfortable affordable and might i say most powerful for its price. It’s very reliable and i would recommend buying this car ASAP!

Great performance, unreliable, costly maintenance

by fachour101 from seattle, wa on June 29, 2018

The good about the bmw 530i is of course as advertised, fun to drive, excellent performance. That is where it ends. Very expensive to maintain and very sensitive to anything that could wrong. If you accelerate little hard, the engine light will come on, you kind have to treat it with soft gloves, got tired of that and most likely this would be the last bmw I will ever own, I had owned three before that one as well

Does not recommend this car!!

Surprise on gas economy

by pargeo from Kansas City, MO on December 22, 2010

Bought it used in 2010 while on vacation. 1300+ mile drive home averaged 33mpg at 75mph, including driving in MD, WV and PA mountains. Very comfortable and smooth on the highway. It's still under the 4y/50k maint and warranty but haven't had any issues after 3-mos. the TPM did detect a 1lb psi "problem" in one tire...that's very sensitive!

Decent car with some flaws

by tom2013 from Chester Springs, PA on June 11, 2013

I've owned my car for about three and a half years. I bought my 2007 530xi in the beginning of 2010 and it has been a great car. Handles great. Never stuck in snow. Pretty reliable till about two months ago. First I noticed that it takes about 3-4 seconds for it to start after pressing the 'start' button. In addition, the exterior of this car is built with very cheap quality materials. The BMW logo from the hood fell off (just the emblem, the silver part is still on the hood - the dealership said, that its 'normal' to fall off after 5 or so years). Next, the Windshield molding on the front and the back have started to deteriorate to the point that water have started to seep thru a bit (would have provided pics if I was allowed to upload pictures here). I never thought BMW's exterior parts will be so shoddy. I hope BMW will make their external parts more durable. I've had cheaper cars with absolutely nothing wrong with the trims for over 10 years.

Does not recommend this car!!

better than the newer ones

by bladerunner from fort collins Colorado on April 10, 2013

I drove this and a 2010 535xi. The 2007 seems much roomier. The newer cars have a much wider center console that takes up a lot of leg room. Also, the steering and handling seem sharper in the 2007. The twin turbo engine in the 2010 is a much faster and torquier engine. But I hate the electronic shifter in the newer cars. Plus, I have normal tires, not run flats. The 2007 does not recognize my smart phone, a real disappointment. I would love to buy a new or newer BMW. But they keep adding features I don't want.

1 2 3 4