2008 535

4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Terrific Performance

by Bill from Kentucky on May 21, 2011

This car has outstanding handling and performance. Although not as plush as the Lexuses I have had, this car is a lot more fun and it is still comfortable. Take this car on a country road and I dare you to say it is not about the most fun you have ever had driving. It is a waste to drive this car on the Interstate because it is capable of so much more. I did replace the run-flat tires with conventional tires - less expensive and softer ride, but you can still get excellent handling if you buy the right replacements. Also, I like the I-drive - just dedicate some time to learning how to operate it.

THE BEST RIDE EVER!!!!

by RAY from BROOKLYN, NYC on September 25, 2010

I HAVE OWNED AOT OF OTHER CARS IN MY LIFETIME, BUT WHEN I DROVE THE BMW 5 SERIES I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE CAR. THIS IS MY 3RD BMW 5 SERIES ALREADY AND I DON'T PLAN TO DRIVE ANY OTHER CAR BUT BMW. THIS IS THE BEST CAR YOU WILL EVER OWN. THE RIDE IS JUST AMAZING. YOU CAN BE DOING 100 MPH AND IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE JUST CRUISING. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR FOR ANYONE!

My First BMW (2008) 535xi

by DarkDayz from Philadelphia, PA. on March 30, 2011

As a newbie to the bimmer world i say hello to all. I brought my 2008 535xi (Anniversary gift from the Wife) 36 hours ago and i love it. Its not the most lush car around but it has enough gadgets and buttons for most. good enough for me. that said this car so far has passed all of my expectations. The iDrive system isnt overly complicated it just needs a little patience to master. I looked for the AWD because I live in the NE. 300hp needs that in the snow. The pure thrill and throttle response when passing any car cannot be put to words. The handling, and minimal body lean puts my mind into F1 status. Plenty of creature comforts, but this car wants a driver who can put it through its paces on every highway and street. 36 hours and more to come. .. .... ..........

Really the ultimate driving machine

by New Beemer Owner from NY on June 29, 2014

Superb performance, great MPG for 300 HP (arround 21 MPG combined) I simply loved. Good bye MB 350... the 535 is the perfect sport sedan.

An amazing car! I love it!! Drive it!!!!

by Steve from Newton, MA on August 19, 2007

Hi, I just got a 2008 Black 535 with a Dakota Brown interior. GORGEOUS!!! - I test drove over a dozen other vehicles before I got this one and it is everything I wanted and more!! The perforemance of this car is incredible!! Holds the road so well and it is super fast and just so smooth!! Great engine!! Beautiful interior - comfortable seats - this is by far the best car I have ever owned!! - BMW is the only way to go and this new 535 is just a perfect choice!! - It is so much fun to drive - I am even starting to enjoy the I-drive - it was a bit confusing but only for a few days - I just love this car!!!............

awesome car!

by rick3d from D.C. on August 28, 2007

great handling in all roads, very luxurious, power like a jet plane, the faster I go the safer i feel, this car not only has the power but all the equipment to harness it safely. the accesories are great, very ingenious like the active cruise control and lane departure, if you fall aslee, it will wake you up! i-drive is complex but gives you all the control in the world. in few words this car is awesome, but quality, power and luxury has a high price. well done BMW

Fastest car I've ever owned

by Allen from Aberdeen, MS on March 17, 2018

It is a true BMW engineering marvel. I had to restore the entire engine bay as the car had ingested it's fan belt and plugged up the oil return, starving the engine including the engine and turbochargers and that required replacing the radiator, oil cooler and several hoses which was not cheep, but the car is wonderful on the highway, very fast but in complete control, very quite at normal speeds, tremendous breaks, wonderful safety features. If you can afford to maintain one I highly recommend the drive.

One of my favorite cars I?ve owned!

by Vick from Asheville, NC on March 19, 2018

It is a very fun car, very comfortable and pretty decent mpg for the power you get from the engine. Reliability is pretty decent, haven?t spent a lot with it, just regular maintenance.

Great Car

by Bmw from Jackosn, Ms on April 7, 2014

Great car, very clean, the car was serviced prior to buying & very easy buying process, the two owners were very nice & took the time after we bought the car to show my husband & I how everything worked. This is our very first BMW/luxury car & we look forward to enjoying many years with it. Thanks & we will definitely recommend our friends & family.

Love BMW

by Bo from Indianapolis, Indiana on April 11, 2018

I've always loved BMW. I particularly like the 535. Although this was a used car, it handled well and drove impeccably. Too bad that I wasn't able to purchase it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7