2009 BMW 535 Consumer Reviews

2009 Bmw 535
Average based on 17 reviews

Boo Yeah

by from Texas on June 4, 2012

I only bought this '09 535xi a few months ago, so my data points aren't that great. However, so far the car is awesome. It's an xi, so no sport package suspension. However, for daily and family driving it is simply marvelous. Compared to my old TL, I can easily go 30-40 mph faster w/out feeling it. The 5.5 0-60 time burns almost everyone on the road. Very comfortable as well, and it makes a great weekend cruiser. No reliability issues whatsoever so far. I also have comfort access and L7 sound, both great. Love iDrive (no email apps here yet). No HPFP issues, but the original one was replaced in the recall yrs back.

535i

by from Florida on January 8, 2009

great car. handles better than any other cars on market. Min turbo lag with 535i. be careful on freeway unless you pay attention you may get a ticket for over 100 MPH.It is so smooth there is nothing to compare in terms of engine performance. thumbs up

Mr BMW Roadmaster

by from Washington, DC on March 23, 2010

The car is excellent. It drives like nothing you have driven. The active steering is wonderful. The stoping is unbelievable. The power will pull you to your seat. A fun car to drive.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Brooklyn,NY on April 28, 2013

Great service, great sellers!!! Highly recommend to everybody! Just replaced my old 5 series BMW to newer one.

Great handling and looks, bring your wallet

by from Capital Region New York State on January 25, 2016

Bought my previously owned '09 535xi with 36,000 so was great value...let the other guy pay the heavy depreciation. Twin turbos provide plenty of kick and top end but with noticeable turbo lag. Once they kick in though hang on. It's a thrill to drive. I drive in Upstate NY winters and the AWD is fantastic providing control at low speeds and confidence on the highway with all that blowing snow and slush. Passing cars and trucks is no problem. The only thing I'd say is this: be prepared to spend money when you own one of these. The intentional camber of the rear wheels eats tires and runflats are almost 2x normal tires. Also had to replace the waterpump at 75,000 miles which was a $1,200 bill. I know I'll need brakes soon so mentally preparing for a $1,600 charge there. All in all, buy Certified Previously Owned with low mileage and you're still driving a new car with confidence. This vehicle is truly awesome.

Best Car I Ever Owned So Far

by from Pomona, CA on July 27, 2012

I started off researching this car to see if it's what I wanted. I had a buddy that owned one and he recommended buying the 535i vs a 3 series. I have to say, it's the best decision I've ever made. I bought this car as a Certified Pre-Owned BMW in Nov 2011 with only 13,800 miles on it. I got a great deal with a great buying experience. Best buying experience I've had so far. When I took it for a test drive, I fell in love with it. This car is so smooth on the road. I get better than average gas mileage (depends on how much you drive and how you drive it). I went on vacation and drove my BMW from Los Angeles to Colorado Springs and back. I got 29 to 31 miles per gallon only filling up twice each way. Keep in mind, I drove through Rocky Mountains with a lot of twists and turns, different speed limits, as well as the elevation changes. It handled very well and the power on this twin turbo inline-6 engine is amazing for a mid-size sedan. I had a similar mid-size sedan with a V6 engine (1994 Ford Taurus SHO), but this BMW blows that one away. I can't imagine ever owning anything but a BMW. The only thing I wish I had was the M Sport Package with all the bells and whistles. I got a pretty basic 535i, but I can't complain. It's the first BMW I ever owned so I'm happy with it. The negative things I have to say are the location of the cup holders and the iPhone adapter. Wish the cup holders could've been built in a better part of the interior of the car. The iPhone pairs with the bluetooth, but you can't play music with bluetooth like the newer 2011 and up models. Don't know if that's something you have to purchase through the dealer, but I do love the fact that I can make calls without looking at my phone. Overall this BMW is awesome and I love it!

From Genesis to Beemer

by from Audubon, Pa on February 18, 2011

Just traded in my 4.6 Genesis which had all options to the 535x. What a ton of difference. I would argue the frumpyness of the Genesis ride makes it into the league of 60-70 yr olds. The ride on a straight rode was perfect BUT the sttering was too soft at high speed and on corners fotgetabouit. The BMW has an excellent feel on the wheel. It lets you contral and you feel the wheels in your hands. It is confortable and there is ample room for 4 adults. Paintwork on Genesis started peeling espeacially on front facade. BMW paintwork looks solid. I personally feel you get more for your buck than a Genesis with a Beemer and YES, your second value on the Genesis like all Hyundai SUCKS.

535i Xdrive

by from NJ, Edison on September 13, 2011

This cas is Hot, Moved up from 325i and will never look back !!! Totally Happy with this baby. Next stop M5. =)

Awesome Ride

by from Jacksonville, Florida on April 11, 2009

I bought my 2010 BMW 535i overseas, way before they released it to the American market. The price only went up 300 dollars from the 2009 model but you get so much more. The handling of this car is superb and the brakes stop on a dime. Quiet interior and interior comfort almost makes you oblivious to the speed. Quick acceleration and a multitude of easy functions are available. This is my first Beamer but it won't be my last. A word of advice though; read the manual thoroughly to know how to utilize the idrive system and get all of the benefits.

535 X Drive

by from Princeton, NJ on July 14, 2011

It's a great car to own and drive. I am enjoying mine!! The handling is super. This is one of the best ever.