Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 535

2012 BMW 535

2012 BMW 535

5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2012 BMW 535?

Awesome car...

by George from Miami, FL on Mon Apr 02 2012

Changed from a 335 to a 528. My new 5 series simply put... rocks. Granted i shouldnt compare them since the differences are basically apple to oranges. The 2 cars are different in many fundamental ways. Sometimes i do miss the sportiness of the 335, liked the fact that it was rough around the edges. The 528 though on the other hand, being a sedan offers levels of comfort and quality that i didnt get with the 3 while being super responsive for its size. The new engine is just amazing, great levels of torque in low rpm and if in sport mode offers an impressive kick.

Love my wife's BMW

by keif from Palm City, Fla on Wed Aug 28 2013

I have been driving BMW'S for close to 20 years.I have had the 3,7,6, series. Along with the x5 and x6 ,it seems every model has been in my garage.Not one of the mentioned BMW'S compares to my wife's 535xi. This car is perfect. It handles like a dream.It has comfort for long trips just as my last 7 series had. My wife has the m sport package that turns heads everywhere we go.This is the 1st BMW that we are actually thinking of buying at the end of it's lease.There is not one thing we don't love about this car.Don't ask me about my M-3. Nothing but problems. Counting the days untill the lease matures.

Performance Driving is what it's all about

by Slim from Charleston, SC on Mon Jun 23 2014

This is my first BMW & I have waited my entire adult life to buy it. I have a 535i with the M Sports Package & Heads-Up Display. This is by far the quietest car I have ever driven. I am 6'3 and there is plenty of leg room for me but not the passenger in the rear. I's 5 seater but that is for short runs. I don't know if 4 coould make a comfortable cross-country trip. Two people and it would be a pleasure. I opted for the HUD as I drove a 7-series and fell in love with the feature. It makes driving so much easier never taking your eyes off the road. I'm sure as thi techonology improves the price will drop. handeling is remarkable but beware; I only got 31,000 out of my first set and it cost $2300 to replace 4 tires!! I was harsh on those tires but it was a ton of fun. Mileage is fantastic if you drive it under 72mph on the interstate. I can always bust 32mpg when I behave. I'm biased as this has been my dream car. I paid a lot of money & I'd do it all over again.

best performance and confort

by joe from woodbridge NJ on Wed Jun 05 2013

stability on road IS VERY GOOD CAR SPECIALLY WHEN DRIVEN ON LONG DISTANCE ROAD FOR SOME ONE HAVE BAD BACK

wait a few years for the best price

by zeke418 from Freehold, NJ on Mon Jun 25 2018

I always purchase my BMW's used and several years after it was originally released. You will pay about 1/4 of the price when it was new and will still drive like it was. I purchase my 2012 in 2017 with 96k miles. Looks like new and still performs that way also!

best car ever

by JCK from Redondo Beach on Tue Jun 12 2018

Once you drive this car you will never want to buy something else! The engine is so powerfull and interior looks so good! I drove the car fro 30 k to 60k with no problems!

Luxury and Sports Car in One Package

by Auto Authority from on Wed Sep 13 2017

This BMW has been extremely reliable and fun to drive. It can drive as a luxury vehicle or you can change it to sport plus mode and have some fun! Excellent value! You get a lot for your money with this car. This is my 4th BMW they drive with such quality.

Confidence in Engineering

by SeniorWebDeveloper from Plainfield, IL on Thu Jan 04 2018

I've owned a few BMW's but the 535i xDrive takes the cake. Although a bit slower and a lot heavier than say a 330i this vehicle can keep up with the best of them. The interior is roomy and quiet with a fantastic surround sound system. The only quirk I've found to be annoying is switching from a DVD to the radio. The DVD plays quieter so when transitioning all of a sudden your radio is blasting. Overall I am happy with all aspects of handling and comfort.

2012 535 xi

by bon from Des Plaines on Sat Jul 15 2017

nice car , great ride, One of the nicest car I have owned drives and handles great ,also good on gas, BUT NOT CHEAP WHEN IT COMES TO SERVICE !!

the best cars I ever have it

by Rimantas from WESTMONT IL on Sat Dec 09 2017

this car has the best factory sound system! the best money for the value! sport, daily use and family car!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 BMW 535

Editor's note: This review was written in November 2010 about the 2011 BMW 535. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

I don't walk away from every new model with a single overriding impression, but sometimes a car grabs me by the collar and shakes me. While that wasn't exactly the case with the redesigned 2011 BMW 5 Series, that car did consistently whisper in my ear.

If the new 5 Series is anything, it's quiet and comfortable.

This new level of comfort broadens the sport sedan's appeal, but at the same time the newly redesigned car gives up even more of its old visceral experience, which... Read More