2012 535

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Awesome car...

by George from Miami, FL on April 2, 2012

Changed from a 335 to a 528. My new 5 series simply put... rocks. Granted i shouldnt compare them since the differences are basically apple to oranges. The 2 cars are different in many fundamental ways. Sometimes i do miss the sportiness of the 335, liked the fact that it was rough around the edges. The 528 though on the other hand, being a sedan offers levels of comfort and quality that i didnt get with the 3 while being super responsive for its size. The new engine is just amazing, great levels of torque in low rpm and if in sport mode offers an impressive kick.

Performance Driving is what it's all about

by Slim from Charleston, SC on June 23, 2014

This is my first BMW & I have waited my entire adult life to buy it. I have a 535i with the M Sports Package & Heads-Up Display. This is by far the quietest car I have ever driven. I am 6'3 and there is plenty of leg room for me but not the passenger in the rear. I's 5 seater but that is for short runs. I don't know if 4 coould make a comfortable cross-country trip. Two people and it would be a pleasure. I opted for the HUD as I drove a 7-series and fell in love with the feature. It makes driving so much easier never taking your eyes off the road. I'm sure as thi techonology improves the price will drop. handeling is remarkable but beware; I only got 31,000 out of my first set and it cost $2300 to replace 4 tires!! I was harsh on those tires but it was a ton of fun. Mileage is fantastic if you drive it under 72mph on the interstate. I can always bust 32mpg when I behave. I'm biased as this has been my dream car. I paid a lot of money & I'd do it all over again.

best performance and confort

by joe from woodbridge NJ on June 5, 2013

stability on road IS VERY GOOD CAR SPECIALLY WHEN DRIVEN ON LONG DISTANCE ROAD FOR SOME ONE HAVE BAD BACK

Love my wife's BMW

by keif from Palm City, Fla on August 28, 2013

I have been driving BMW'S for close to 20 years.I have had the 3,7,6, series. Along with the x5 and x6 ,it seems every model has been in my garage.Not one of the mentioned BMW'S compares to my wife's 535xi. This car is perfect. It handles like a dream.It has comfort for long trips just as my last 7 series had. My wife has the m sport package that turns heads everywhere we go.This is the 1st BMW that we are actually thinking of buying at the end of it's lease.There is not one thing we don't love about this car.Don't ask me about my M-3. Nothing but problems. Counting the days untill the lease matures.

Confidence in Engineering

by SeniorWebDeveloper from Plainfield, IL on January 4, 2018

I've owned a few BMW's but the 535i xDrive takes the cake. Although a bit slower and a lot heavier than say a 330i this vehicle can keep up with the best of them. The interior is roomy and quiet with a fantastic surround sound system. The only quirk I've found to be annoying is switching from a DVD to the radio. The DVD plays quieter so when transitioning all of a sudden your radio is blasting. Overall I am happy with all aspects of handling and comfort.

a good peremiunm car

by chacha from Rochester, MN on June 29, 2012

switch from driving my old 1998 BMW to this 2012 535i Xdrive car. what a difference? got start/stop feature on road to save gasoline. Too many things I need to learn.. but it is really fun driving.. Idrive is much mature now and it got a lot of functions to try. Can put 2 coffee mugs now. just love everything about it.

BMKW 535i Xdrive with premium packages

by cha cha from Rochester, MN on June 28, 2012

It got automatic start/stop features that it drives like a hybrid engine. It goes when you go and it stops when you stop. It will take us a while figure out which drive mode we need. Got sport+, comformt+ to ECO options to try. Sport+ is the one I like. The start/stop button is confusing. you have to press it once with foot on brake and once with foot not on brake to turn the whole thing off. Other than that, it is a fun driving machine.

I would do it again!

by New BMW Convert from Spokane, WA on June 17, 2013

I live in Spokane WA and saw a 2007 BMW 328xi for sale by this dealer. Emailed for more information and was promptly contacted back by Alvin Eklund. I had been researching cars for about a month and knew what I was planning on buying. The price advertised was below book and it had a clean Carfax report...I was planning on a trip to the west side to look at three different cars...and planning on buying the one on which the dealer gave me the price I was willing to pay. On Monday, before even traveling over I was able to negotiate $1000 off the asking I counteroffered $1300 and the deal was made, (my only mistake was not counteroffering $1500 which was my ideal price). I placed a deposit on it that day, essentially buying it then. The car was as advertised, with a couple items ironed out at the time of purchase on Wednesday. I was apprehensive at buying the car in such an unorthodox manner and it may not be for everyone, but if buying a car from 250 miles away was this comfortable, I can only imagine the satisfaction at visiting the dealership and working with a salesperson face to face.

Perfect Combination of Performance and Comfort

by Chuck Eren from Sparks,NV on September 7, 2017

This is my 10th BMW. The comfort and performance are very satisfying. The twin turbo 300 hp engine combined with X-drive is amazing. I recommend buying used though since they depreciate a lot.

best car

by alan from new york ny on December 1, 2011

this car is the best and i thank this car is the best car bmw has ever made ti ti the best ever ever

1 2 3