2004 BMW 545 Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 19 reviews

Simply Outstanding

by from Calgary on June 24, 2008

I'm a big merc fan but i must say the double vanos and just the pure driving pleaseure that i get out of the 545i or any BMW for that matter can not be touched by Audi, Mercedes or any other premium car brand. The car handles great especially with the dynamic drive. The power is always there when you need it and it is a very comfortable ride still feeling the road. The i drive system i must say was hard to learn but once you learn it, it's great (bluetooth, I pod and vehicle status)

best BMW ever had

by from Boston,Ma on August 14, 2012

545 is my 4rth and by far most favorite bimmer i've had.I got it after driving an E39 M5 for a few years,so in in a way it was a step down(it's not as fast and feels less sporty overall). BUT, ride comfort,gas mileage,ext/int design makes it an amazing vehicle to drive and to have! not to mention the maintenance costs; had the car for a couple of years and put 20k miles on it and it needs nothing. and contrary to popular believe the IDRIVE is very easy to use-love it.I would prob keep it for as long as i can.

Performance + Comfort + Style = ULTIMATE!

by from Shawnee Valley, PA on July 7, 2011

My wife an I have also a 2007 335i Twin Turbo, which is an amazing car, so upgrading our 99 528 was a challenge. I was going to get an M5 e39 (2003), but had a change of heart and I don't regret for a single moment! The 545i V8 has tons of power and performance that almost equals the e39 M5, but with the new body, and gadgets . . . plenty of them! As for all BMWs, I believe that the sport suspension is a must; With that said, the 545i manages to deliver an excellent performance suspension without loss of comfort. The comfort seats are absolutely unbelievable! The engine purrs (if you make an effort to hear it from inside the super quiet cabin). I have the Head Up Display, to which I became addicted. Mine is a manual 6-speed transmission and shifts like butter! I did have the CDV altered, so no jerky shifts from 1st to 2nd gear. The sound system (Logic 7) rivals my recording studio! I always go check the mixes in the car! The active suspension is truly remarkable. You can put that big comfy car on a pin curve and it doesn't even tilt! It is a dream car. Better than that, just an e60 M5 ... or the new M5, for that matter! As for the reliability, this is our 11th BMW. From a 1984 320 to now, there is no other way to go, but BMW. Cost of repairs? Which repairs?

Most stylish design of any car on the road!

by from Los Angeles, CA on February 20, 2010

This vehicle allows you to conquer the asphalt in sleek sophisticated style with passing power and on-rails handling. The 545i possess power and agility, and it looks better than the newest 5-series of 2010. The 545i has better handling and fuel economy than the 550i because of its smaller and lighter motor, and is sheer driving pleasure. Skip the navigation on used cars; a hand-held unit is much more up to date.

AWSOME RIDE

by from NEW YORK STATE on April 11, 2008

THIS IS MY FIRST BMW AND WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY.I DECIDED TO GO THIS ROUTE INSTEAD OF A NEW HEMI CHARGER AND BOY WAS I RIGHT.FIRST OF ALL THE POWER IS THE EXACT SAME AS THE HEMI BUT OUT OF A 4.4 LITRE ENGINE.SECOND IS THE HANDLING FAR EXCEEDS MOST OTHER VEHICLES ON THE ROAD.THIRDLY AND AT TIS POINT A BIGGY IS THAT WHEN ON HIGHWAY TRAVELING I GET ANYWHERES FROM 32-36 MPG HOLY COW! BUY IT, ENJOY IT, DRIVE IT ! BUT BE CAREFUL ITS A HANDFUL

I will never view driving the same way

by from Cincinnati, Ohio on July 29, 2012

I purchased a 2004 545i 6 speed manual about 3 months ago. My only regret is driving something else for so many years. This car is a BEAST. It has a refined look but make no mistake ... it's made to be driven. The acceleration and handling are a true thrill. I love the simplicity of the interior and doesn't look like a Japanese or some American luxury cars with a thousand buttons. The six speed manual is a must in my opinion. It shifts so nicely and you truly become one with the car. The only reason I gave it a 4 stars for comfort is that my wife said that she thinks the seat is uncofortable on long road trips. Ths was suprising to me seeing that I think the seats are masterpieces ... so I tried to convince her not to feel that way and to never bring that up again. Just kidding .... but I was disappointed. Reliability ... I've only owned the vehicle for 3 months but I need to replace the windshield washer fluid motor because it's leaking. I will do it myself for <$100 .. so not a huge deal, but hope this is not a monthly occurrence that something needs to be fixed. I live in Southern Ohio so we don't get a ton of snow in the winter but I will certainly want to pick up some winter tires. Looks like I will be able to find some for under $500 (to include wheels) on Craigslist so not a huge deal but you need to consider this.

Masterpiece - Luxury Power

by from Huntington Beach, CA on December 25, 2007

It doesn't matter what I write here. Get in a 545i, put your seatbelt on, and feel the precision power elevate you to BMW heaven. These things are road racers with luxury as an add-on.

BMW 2004

by from Lakewood, WA on June 6, 2011

The car has a very nice design and has a lot of power. It is way better than the 525 and the 530. I bought it when it first came out in Novemver 2003.

2004 BMW 545i w/Sport & Cold Weather packages

by from Saginaw, MI on July 9, 2015

I purchased this car from a private owner a couple weeks ago. So far I am very satisfied. It drives and runs great!

Sporty Headturner, lots of room

by from Denver, CO on November 19, 2006

Bought a 2004 certified preowned 545i. The looks and performance overshadowed the lack of a few features that I was looking for. Amazing performance and traction, with a rev. happy engine that pulls to infinity. This car has put a smile back on my face. Wished for ability to add bluetooth. The front seats have an inappropriate back support, with an backrest that mysteriously arches away from my upper back. This is my only complaint. Few fit and finish problems so far have been readily addressed by the dealer.