2006 Bmw 550

Most all-in-one package

by from Oklahoma on August 21, 2010

Perfect car. Beautiful outside, luxurious inside, and the 550 purrs like a dream. I loved this car and would by a 5 series over and over again. I highly recommend it.

2006 550i - the best

by from Baltimore, MD on February 25, 2010

I recommend any BMW in this series but defintely after the value levels out after 3yrs. This is the best stragedy to pay for true value and not take anymore large drops in value to price.

It is fun to drive.

by from Fairfax VA on September 8, 2008

It is a wonderfull vehicle. This was my first BMW and now I am sold to BMW. The only down side is - not very impressive gas mileage - but once you ride the car you will forget about mileage.

rides like a dream

by from Santa Barbara, CA on July 4, 2010

Best combination of power,handling and luxury that I have ever experienced in a car. I have the special M body kit and sometimes the front bumper is too low to park near curbs. Only issue I have ever had with the car and it has 60 thousand miles on it

The best handling car in my life

by from Mexico city on January 7, 2007

The car is explendid,I would like a litlle more comfort in the seating areas and space for keeping goods in the interior.

Most Unreliable Call I've ever owned

by from on May 5, 2017

Pros: 1. V8 power and torque is really good. 2. From 2006 perspective, options offered were nice. For instance, the one I own has Sports package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound, Navigation, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Bi-xenon headlights etc. Other options that I have heard are Heads up display, M-Sport Package etc. 3. Seats are phenomenal, the most comfortable seats of the car (believe me, I've driven 10 hours straight with a gas fill from DC to Atlanta) 4. Exterior sports package styling is really nice 5. Interior dashboard is average but improved significantly in LCI (life cycle impulse) models form 2008 through 2010. Cons: 1. Most unreliable car (transmission changed, iDrive changed, valve stem rings changed, security/alarm system, thigh support, window regulator, numerous RFT tires, several cracked wheels, cooling breakdown, AirCon breakdown and the list goes on and on) 2. $70k+ car, 5 years later available non-cpo for $22-25k; you can do the math

More reliable than expected.

by on July 3, 2017

This car exceeded my expectations. The engine is smooth and powerful while the interior is subdued and sophisticated. I would not hesitate in purchasing this vehicle once again.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Bmw 550