2010 BMW 650 Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2010 Bmw 650
Average based on 5 reviews

Can't wait to drive it again

by from Laguna Beach, CA on November 20, 2009

This is my 4th BMW. First convertible, I have loved this card since the day one. I use this vehicle on the weekends mostly. The heads-up display is fantastic, voice recognition is definitely a plus, cruise control is superior to the previous models, espicially when set and you are coming down from a mountaineous road, once set the system is smart to know it must reduce speed for example from 55 to 40 around the curvey roads. The adaptive headlights when turns with every turn is totally cool. I can go on forever, but I don't have time. Have a great life everyone.

Sticker price= $99k

by from So Cal on June 24, 2010

I did put in a mention of the price (despite the admonition not to) because of the expectations that engenders. I am not a Bimmer nut guy but this car did seem the best balance of fun & practicality. I also drove an Audi R8 & Porsche 911 which were great fun but lacked luggage space & a back seat for storage. At 360 HP I did expect a faster, more responsive feeling car, but there is an underwhelming response to the initial gas pedal nudge. Once past ~2500 RPM things work much better. The steering is very good with great feel, as are the brakes which are impressive. Going around corners is the best part- flat, controlled, yet with a reasonably smooth ride (at least on SoCal roads). Seats & features are just fine and well done. The machine-human interface is by far the weak point. I am very computer & gadget literate yet grasp of some of the controls still escapes me after 3K miles. The iDrive is a threat to safety- it demands waaay too much attention from the road ahead. Gas milage was not an issue for a car bought mainly for fun but averages ~21MPG over all & 25 on the highway. I think the 650 convertible is a real deal as a 2-3 year old used car esp. with an extended warranty (repairs & wear parts will be impressively expensive). I really love driving this with the top down

in the wind

by from East Haven Ct on August 26, 2013

If you are into a powerful vehicle, the 650 BMW is for you. I cannot stop looking at it. It is one sexy car.

BMW 2010 650i convertible

by from Los Angeles, CA on July 8, 2013

I traded in my Lexus 2008 IS F for this BMW. I will give pros and cons: Pros: 1. Convertible 2. Beautiful interior 3. Great looking inside and out Cons: 1. Gas mileage not as good (averaged 22 in IS F, 20 in BMW) 2. Real time traffic is terrible 3. Ride is relatively rough. Overall I am glad I bought the BMW. A smoother ride and more HP would have made for higher overall ratings.

optimum retirement car

by from Dallas, Texas on October 23, 2010

After numerous performance vehicles (including 11 Corvettes), I have finally found that optimum and elusive blend of refinement and performance that is so difficult to find in a two door coupe. The 650i offers performance coupled with a smooth, quiet ride in a First Class cabin with substantial reliability! No more Vroom motors. After listening to performance exhaust and living with uncomfortable suspensions for the last 40 years, this is indeed a welcome relief.