2012 650

2012 BMW 650

2012 BMW 650

5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2012 BMW 650?

OMG - Great car

by CarLover from Louisville, KY on Thu Apr 19 2012

I had a 2006 650 that I absolutely loved - traded it with 70K miles for a new 2012 650iX - the one with All Wheel Drive. As much as I liked my 2006, I have to say the "new" 650 is better in every respect - faster, handles better, better gas mieage, better looking in and out, better feeatures, better exhaust note, handles better - you name it. That is hard to pull off, but it is true. This car should not be forced to share the road with mere mortal cars, but I guess that can't be helped. Only downside is the front end is lower than it's predecessor so you have to really watch curbs when you park - I scuffed it the FIRST DAY - but I got it fixed - how could anyone in good conscience leave a scuff on a car like this? I could not recommend this car more highly. Even though it is pricey, in my opinion it is well worth it to get the restyled/reengineered 2012 vs. a prior year. I also highly recommend the Xdrive - much better than the rear-wheel drive version.

This car is alive!

by Bimmerbecky from Tucson, AZ on Fri Aug 10 2012

My 750 square foot garage houses a 545i, a 530i and my new 650i. Since test driving the 6 and bringing one home, I haven't as much as opened the door to the two 5s. They can cry all they want, I'm in love with my 6 and it's in love with me. This car is the greatest driving machine period! End of story. I'm gonna go drive it for a few hours or maybe till i need to bask in the excitement and drift off to sleep...dreaming of caressing the drive shaft of my new 6.

not 650 of old

by dave a from palm harbor, fl on Sat Oct 08 2011

Purchased my new 650 convertable one month ago. This is NOT the 650 of the past. I had 2010 650. This car is UNBELIEVABLE. It is fast, luxurious, comfortable and strikingly beautiful. Other than than the anticipated huge depreciation there are no negatives

Joy

by GLee from Owings Mills, MD (moving to South Florida) on Sun Apr 10 2016

I have been fortunate enough to own several BMW's over the years, but I can honestly say, this is the most fun car I've ever had. It handles incredibly well for a heavy car and it is just plain fast. I never owned a radar detector before, but found my speeds greater in this car then in previous BMW's. I guess my golf clubs will have to ride in the back seat. The only downside I've found so far. It's a head turner with the top up or down.

Exemplary Service From United BMW - Roswell, GA

by New First Time BMW Owner 5/20/2013 from on Sun May 26 2013

I purchased a very low mileage, almost new, 2012 650 convertible from United BMW of Roswell, GA, on May 20, 2013. The service from sales adviser, Jim Tompkins, was exemplary. I drove the car back to Philly (1,000 miles) and the car far exceeded my expectations. Lots of heads turn and many thumbs up, with the top down. I negotiated price via e-mail and found the final price below market. Jim was fair, honorable, and an outstanding BMW representative. Closing was short and I was treated as if I was their only customer. This is a class organization, to be sure. Get a light interior, not dark, 20" wheels, drive assist, premium sound, luxury seats, contrast stitching, and you'll be VERY happy. West Chester, Pennsylvania

Very stylish looking car with the top up or down

by Fun On The Weekends from St. Louis, MO on Wed Apr 22 2015

It is reality that all used cars are not treated equally. After randomly finding and test driving a 2012 BMW 650i noticeably driven hard, I began searching for comparable cars with less miles and in better condition on Cars.com. Within a few minutes I was able to locate several 2012 BMW 650i model cars in my local area and across the country. After a few calls, I was able to identify the car I wanted at a local dealership. Within a few days, I became the owner of one of the most stylish cars on the road. Thanks Cars.com

Awesome Machine

by Larrycarnut from Nashua, NH on Tue Apr 01 2014

I used to trade cars every two or three years, and had reservations about parting with my 2007 SL550, which I kept for over five years. The 650i is an awesome car. It is smooth, sleek and graceful. The lines on the body flow so naturally, and the interior is like a cockpit-everything faces the driver. The seats are great, and comfortable. The biturbo engine performs flawlessly. The car is so tight and responsive. It has a nice ride, but does not give up the feel of the road.. Looking forward to many fun years whth this beautiful drop top.

BMW 650i Convertible 2012

by PreFlyt from Cincinnati on Wed Apr 10 2013

This car is a beast! Nothing else quite like it and we tried them all. Best 100 grand we ever spent...

The ultimate driving machine

by D.Canez from San Diego, CA on Wed Jun 07 2017

The 650i Convertible is the definition of the ultimate driving machine. This vehicle has it all: style, comfort, sport and reliability as this car drives like you are on rails....

A lot of power

by DL on Sun Jul 16 2017

Great car. Interior electronics could be modernized. My Cadillac has much more and is customizable.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 BMW 650

One of the greatest leaps in automotive progress this past decade has been the taming of the convertible. Once requiring a tradeoff — open-air enjoyment versus performance and year-round comfort — today's convertibles are increasingly civilized beasts, making the body style more practical than ever.

Despite its considerable handling and power, however, the gorgeously redesigned 2012 BMW 650i has missed out on all that progress.

It remains a convertible at heart, with an incredibly loud ride and a gigantic blind spot with the top up. When the top's down, though, drivers will enjoy a pleasant open-air experience as a terrific-sounding exhaust powers them down sun-kissed roads.

New Looks