2003 Bmw 760

Remarable in every way

by from Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas on October 18, 2009

I have never owned a car where each time I drive it, it is as if it were "my first". This car is a "dream". An incredible blend of luxury (limousine like qualities), elegant styling, V12 direct injected power...........sometimes I forget that I'm not flying in a private jet. Of all my cars (I'm 6'-5", 230 LBS) I will own this car indefinitely. It will be a coveted automobile in the future!

Most Executive car available? for the money

by from Santa Rosa on June 16, 2017

As far as styling and features for the year and the money it can not be beat. The car is very classy and everyone thinks it's newer than it is. The seats are great and the cooling function actually works great unlike a comparable Mercedes S600. The 760li is very rare with the V-12. The engine is great but could feel a bit more peppy at low rpms. The transmission I think needs some work to be as smooth as a comparable Mercedes. The idrive system is in it's first iteration in this car, it is a tad slow and complicated for simple things. All the electronics in this car suck up the battery power so make sure that you have a good battery that has been synced to the car, or else things like the Ac won't blow full blast. Watch out for the infamous oil leak because of a $4 seal on the front of the engine. It can be time consuming to fix. The car handles and brakes great for the monsterous size it has. The car can totally throw you back in your seat when shifting manually, which the paddle shifters have unfavorable setup and locations in my opinion. If you find a good example and want something powerful, comfortable but sporty that is very rare this is the car. Just don't buy this car if you can't afford some repairs and downtime.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Bmw 760